Love My New Robot Vacuum!

Photo courtesy of Pure Clean
Laguna Woods, California
My housekeeper of the past twenty years has had to take some time off, and I do not want to replace her. She is practically a member of our family and, now that it is just my husband and me, I think we can manage to clean our place for a couple of months. However, of all the housekeeping jobs, I dislike vacuuming the most. I purchased the Pure Clean Vacuum cleaner from Amazon and LOVE it. I just turn it loose and it scurries around the house vacuuming for me, while I dust, clean the counters and do things like that. My husband helps with those things, too. It's so easy, I have been running my robot vacuum every couple of days. I still miss my housekeeper and will be happy when she can come back. She has two daughters the same ages as my two oldest granddaughters. One is in college and the other is now working and planning her wedding. My housekeeper had some unexpected family issues in Mexico, which meant she had to return there for a while, and I know her husband and daughters miss her, too. I have been texting with her oldest daughter frequently, trying to stay up-to-date with what is going on. We'll all be happy when she returns safe and sound. Meanwhile, my cute little vacuum will have to handle things for a while!
My daughter bought something like that and she loves it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@marguicha - I love mine, too. They make it much easier to keep the house clean.
@DeborahDiane I will have to start buying things like that.
• Laguna Woods, California
@marguicha - It is very handy.
Hope she will be back soon, Even i hate Dusting a lot lol but thankfully we have maid as well
• Laguna Woods, California
@thesupersingh - Yes, there is nothing like a real live person to clean the house but, until she comes back, my robot vacuum is helping a lot.
I bought one, but I am not very happy with it. I think that we have too many pieces of furniture and the stairs too.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - Yes, it has trouble in my dining area with all the chairs and the heavy table. Too many furniture legs. However, I don't mind running the regular vacuum in that room, since that is the only room where I have to vacuum and we don't use it every day, so I don't have to vacuum it too often. The robot vacuum works great in the rest of our home.
@DeborahDiane The only room where is has been useful is the bedroom, so I do not need to bend to clean under the bed. Yesterday it was the turn of my lawn mower robot do behave. I am going to sell it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - I think a lawn mower robot could be very handy, and much safer than normal lawn mowers. However, we don't have to mow the lawn at the retirement condo where we live. I'm sorry yours is not behaving!
@DeborahDiane That is so nice you are holding her job open for her. I am sure she appreciates that and am glad she does not have to look for a new job after what she is dealing with now. That is cool what you bought. I am happy it works good for you.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Hannihar - Yes, the robot vacuum is working out just fine, for now. I will look forward to having my housekeeper back, although it could be a few months longer.
@DeborahDiane I am sure she is better than a robot anyday. I just hope it doesn't decide to chase you around the room too.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Hannihar - Ha ha! Sometimes, when it is running, I have to dodge it a little when I am putting things away and dusting! LOL
@alberello75 (16565)
• Genova, Italy
This robot-vacuum cleaner is also sold in Italy. Here, the truly valid one, that is original, is very expensive. We speak over 1000 €! But nevertheless I understand that it is worth it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@alberello75 - The one I purchased only cost $99.00 in US dollars, so it was not too expensive. Some of the other brands cost 3 times that much, but I am happy with the one I purchased.
• Laguna Woods, California
@alberello75 - Wow! I have not seen any in the U.S. which have cost more than $400 in US dollars. $1,191 would be outrageous!!
@alberello75 (16565)
• Genova, Italy
@DeborahDiane There are several factors to consider: - the brand often makes a difference in the price - the structure of the electronic components of the device - the functions of the device . the quality of the product   etc.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
Does it work really well? I've always been interested in them, but figured because of their size that they possibly couldn't have a very strong suction due to having such a small motor inside.
• Laguna Woods, California
@moffittjc - We have hardwood floors, tile floors in the bathrooms, and Oriental rugs. It works great on the hard surfaces. It has trouble making the transition from the hardwoods onto the rugs. I lift it on and turn up the edge of the rug, holding the edge in place with a chair, to keep it on the rugs. I admit it does not do as well on the rugs, but it is adequate. The weave on the rugs is very tight, so dirt generally stays on the surface. It has certainly made my life easier, and frees me up to do other things while it is vacuuming. I'm very satisfied!
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DeborahDiane That's what I was thinking, that they would be great for tile or hardwood floors! I remember when I put down hardwood floors in my house many years ago, and I was so excited that I could just Swiffer the whole house instead of vacuuming! It was one chore I certainly didn't mind doing at that point because it was so easy to do!
• Laguna Woods, California
@moffittjc - I agree that it is easier to keep hard surface floors clean, especially these days when we don't have to use paste wax on them. I remember doing that on my hardwoods about 35 years ago, and that was a pain! LOL
How much does it cost? I need to get myself a handy vacuum as well to clean my windows and screen door.
• Laguna Woods, California
@allen0187 - It cost $99 and it works well in my house. I bought it on Amazon.
@DeborahDiane seems you got a good deal. I've been one particular handy vacuum. I haven't bought it yet because people I know who bought it already are giving so-so reviews about it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@allen0187 - Yes, you are smart to read the reviews before you buy something.
@Jessabuma (13500)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh that's nice to know.. glad you liked your new robot vacuum ... Is it expensive ?
• Laguna Woods, California
@Jessabuma - It cost me $99 on Amazon. There are some which are much more expensive, but I am happy with this one.
@Jessabuma (13500)
• Baguio, Philippines
@DeborahDiane Ohh I see.. glad you're happy with it
• Laguna Woods, California
@Jessabuma - Yes, it is very helpful to have around the house!
Does it do hard floors as well as carpets? I wonder if it would work for me. Sounds ideal.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Yes! It does both carpet and hard floors. It is great at picking up hair and crumbs off the kitchen and bathroom floors. It has a little trouble sometimes getting from the hard floor onto my area rugs, but I give it a gentle push with my foot when it gets stuck and it just keeps going!
@DeborahDiane Sounds magic. I'll have to look into it.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I really love mine. I still have to "touch up" with my regular vacuum in a few places, like under my dining room table, but it does the bulk of the work for me and makes life much easier.
@Spontaneo (1102)
May I borrow? Just kidding...
• Laguna Woods, California
@Spontaneo - Ha ha! I just got done using it. I love it more every time I run it!
@Spontaneo (1102)
@1hopefulman (26172)
Sounds interesting! Does it do a good job and how much did it cost?
• Laguna Woods, California
@1hopefulman - The one I bought looked just like the photo above and is the same brand. It cost $99. It does a good job on most of my house. I have to use my regular vacuum a few places, like under the dining room furniture because of all the legs, etc. However, it does great on most of the house and I am very happy with it.
@1hopefulman (26172)
I'm glad the robot vacuum is working out while she's gone.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - Yes, it is making life much easier for me! While it runs around the house, I do the other chores. It makes everything much quicker.
@DeborahDiane I'm sure it does.
@wolfgirl569 (2578)
• Marion, Ohio
I love mine too, just wish it could sweep up hay easy right now. Hope everything is good for your housekeeper
• Laguna Woods, California
@wolfgirl569 - I'm glad you like yours, too. They sure make life a little easier!
@topffer (33283)
• France
A robot like this one would be ideal for me, does it work on carpets ?
• Laguna Woods, California
@topffer - Yes, it works well on carpet, or at least it does on my oriental area rugs. I have been very happy with it.
The Pure Clean Vacuum cleaner does make light work of vacuuming.Hope your housekeeper will soon return !
• Laguna Woods, California
@changjiangzhibin89 - Yes, it does make light work of vacuuming. It cuts in half the time it takes to clean. I hope my housekeeper can come back soon, too.
Don't you have to empty it out?
• Laguna Woods, California
@JohnRoberts - Yes, it has a little cup inside that I lift out and empty out in the trash. It takes less than a minute, and that is all I have to do. No bags or bands or other parts which regular vacuum cleaners have.
@garymarsh6 (13199)
They are quite useful little things to have around! Have fun with it while it earns its living. Hope your cleaner won't be away for too long and all is ok with her family!
• Laguna Woods, California
@garymarsh6 - Yes, my little vacuum is certainly earning its living! I hope my housekeeper is able to help her family out and return soon, too. There is nothing like a real person to clean, but meanwhile my vacuum is making life much easier.
@rakski (8756)
I like that! How much does that cost?
• Laguna Woods, California
@rakski - I bought it on Amazon and it cost $99. I thought that was a good price. I am very happy with it.
I need to get one of those. I saw them on TV.
• Laguna Woods, California
@TRBRocks420 - There are a lot of different brands. This is supposed to be one of the top sellers on Amazon and it only costs $99. Much cheaper than some of the fancier brands.
@lnillerman (2196)
yeah those things are really cool.
• Laguna Woods, California
@inillerman - I am certainly happy with mine.