Summer has arrived!

@garymarsh6 (14431)
United Kingdom
Surprisingly summer has arrived for the weekend which is really quite surprising because its a bank holiday weekend and most bank holidays we usually end up with the weather being wet. Not this weekend. It is quite warm to say the least. Not a bad thing because I think most Brits are in desperate need for a bit of warmth and sunshine after what seems a very long weekend. Around two weeks ago we had temperatures of 28C (82F) for two days but it plummeted to 8C (46F) followed by lots of rain. On the 1st of May we even had a frost in the morning. My daughter and grand children came yesterday afternoon and the kids wanted a picnic. They had already been to a park and had a ride on a boating lake and little train but wanted to have the picnic with Grandma and Grandad. So they came here. We sat in the garden until around 8PM with them playing happily while we nattered and joined in their fun. So for the rest of the day I have a few domestic chores to catch up on so without further ado I had better get on and do it. I would much rather be at the seaside but that is a no no here as most of the population want to do the same thing so I do not relish the thoughts of sitting in traffic jams on a bank holiday! Where ever you are and whatever you are doing have a great day! The photo is of one of the Buddhas on the island of Phuket, Thaliand looking serene and peaceful!
I will do my best over here. Right now I am watching Lucy and Ricki flying in a helicopter. How funny.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
I have flown in a helicopter a few times but have decided that I won't again!
@garymarsh6 That is one way of travel I won't get on. I am not sure what would get me on one but it's not anything I can imagine today. A plane is bad enough.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
@sharon6345 I love flying by plane and can never wait to fly. I did Helicopter over New York, The Grand canyon which was hair raising and another along the Las Vegas Strip. After the last trip to the Grand Canyon I vowed never to go in one again. We landed on the bottom but the trip back up was terrifying,
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
It is jolly warm today, we are having a barbeque later. Don't spend too long on your chores Gary.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Haha I have to do them now or they won't get done Gill. I am out working too long during the week and too tired when I get home to do anything! I must be getting old! Have fun with your BBQ
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 It went well Gary, I hope you managed to enjoy some of the fine weather.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
@Gillygirl Yes thanks Gill we had a wonderful time and made the most of it!
We had the same kind of weather Gary. Very hot around the end of April, then back to early Spring temperature and now warm again. It rains almost every night and the weeds and the grass are very happy, I am not.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Hmm yes I can understand that I cut my grass yesterday! Hope not for another week at least!
@garymarsh6 I went out to cut the grass today, as soon as I was ready a thunderstorm started. I do not fight the destiny. Yesterday it was sunny, but we cannot make noise on Sundays.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
@LadyDuck OH we do not have such laws although it is not acceptable to do it before 8AM or after 8PM.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Thank you, Gary. It is hot here too in our country and it is very sticky. But we can manage. That picture is amazing.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Thank you! I do not like the humidity I don't mind the heat as long as it is not too sticky!
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@garymarsh6 Youre most welcome, Gary. Exactly. In a day, we have to take a bath twice because of the weather.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
@mlgen1037 I can believe that!
• Pamplona, Spain
The other day we woke up to pea soup fog but then it lifted like magic and out came the sun and its been very hot since then I can tell you. I welcome a fresher day as we have a very very long very hot summer which does bore me a lot sometimes.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Send some of your sun to us! We can send you plenty of rain!
• Pamplona, Spain
@garymarsh6 What a great idea you have there but there again you might get fed up of it methinks that this would be the way. You would welcome the cooler days by the third week or so I can guarantee it.
@CRK109 (14414)
We've had much the same weather as you! Winter lasted much too long and spring was only a day or two before we got the hot and humid days of summer! Now it's a little cooler than normal but at least we can go outside and breathe! I'm definitely enjoying the weather right now!
@garymarsh6 (14431)
I like the heat but not the humidity! It is so draining! Thankfully we rarely get humid here!
@CRK109 (14414)
@garymarsh6 You're so lucky for that! It gets very humid in the summer here, since we're surrounded by the ocean. I'm SO grateful for air conditioning!
@1hopefulman (32365)
Glad you had fun with your grand-children! Here too, the weather if feeling summery and I hope it stays that way but it can suddenly change.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
We are all summer creatures blue skies the warmth of the sun on our faces! Much better than icy cold and grey skies! Enjoy it while it lasts!
@1hopefulman (32365)
@garymarsh6 You too! Today we had an unusual warm day. It reached 26 C. Wow!
Summer has also arrived here.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Good Marie and I hope things get better for you too!
@garymarsh6 I hope that you and your family are well
@rakski (21845)
Oh that is lovely! Picnic with grandparents, for sure they will cherish those memories.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
It was great fun. They make me laugh so much!
@rakski (21845)
Hurrah for the sun shining down upon the UK.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
It makes such a lovely change. People are smiling and much happier when the sun shines!
@garymarsh6 That's for sure. The spirits lift in sunshine.
@Jessabuma (33194)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes but it's raining here still ... I want to have sunny days ..
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Hopefully you wont have to wait too long!
@Jessabuma (33194)
• Baguio, Philippines
@garymarsh6 yes I hope so
The weather has been pretty great here too lately
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Great lets hope the weather is kind to everyone this year!
• Midland, Michigan
We've had similar weather off and I on. Warmer days warmer nights. Lately warmer or at least somewhat watch and pleasant days much cooler nights. Down to 49f (sorry I don't know the C) makes it hard to know whether a coat is needed when I get out of work late.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Thats the only trouble isn't it one day piping hot the next day temperatures plummet. No wonder colds abound. I guess the safest way is to make sure you have enough clothes on to keep warm and if it gets too hot then you can always remove a layer! Best to be prepared!
Yay! I am glad you are getting some decent weather. It has been quite pleasant the past the few days.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Great to hear you have nice weather too!
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
Spring is so unpredictable. We had an amazing early Spring last year then it vanished for weeks on end. We saw a Buddha such as that when we visited Phuket on a cruise seven years ago.Maybe it was the same temple
@garymarsh6 (14431)
There are so many all around Thailand. I do like Thailand its one of my favourite places.
There is nothing better than seeing the grandkids and then kissing them goodbye. Spring has sprung here. Busy planting my annuals today. Happy spring, Gary!
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Well officially it is supposed to be spring but the temperatures are more summer like! very warm indeed! Good luck with the planting!
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Great and good luck with the planting although it can be a bit back breaking! Don't over do it!
we had not had Summer like weather there.I love the photo there.Thank you and good morning.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Good morning to you! I hope you have a glorious sunny day there too!
You were right ! In such a glorious weather people would flock to the beach.We didn't have bank holiday ,but people who are in work do a 40-hour working week.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Yes so for me there are only four work days this week and have just had a three day weekend. I love it!
@silvermist (20116)
Glad to know you had a fun picnic with your grand children.That is a good photo Of the Buddhas.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
Thank you we had great fun. Yes I love Buddhas there is something serene and calming about them.