Grandmas can be funny. Least mine is to me.

As I said yesterday, my Grandmother and I were talking through Facebook for a bit. And while I was getting ready to hit the store, and in the store, she had apparently written me saying "I'm going upstairs to watch tv, Love you". So when I came out the store and saw it, I wrote her back. Well.. Guess who wrote me at 630 this morning, saying "I love you more". . Yup, Grandma. Even though she knows I don't sleep well at night, so I try to sleep in a bit during the day. But since I was up anyways from once again having trouble sleeping, I decided to write back and continue our conversation instead of waiting til a few hours later. And she made me laugh even more by asking what I was doing . Then she asked if I could make a pan of lasagna, enough for four people, for her to take home with them Tuesday. And mentioned giving me $10 for it. I told her "yes, and you don't have to pay me to do it, lol" and her response was "I know but I will, because I'm Grandma and you're doing me a favor". Then she said she had to go, so she could get dressed to go shopping. But wished she had my mom and I to do it for her since we love shopping so much. God I love my little old lady!
You are so lucky to have such a wonderful grandma!
I know
She sounds like a cutie-I think that must be where you get it from!!
I am a big part of her, and the rest, my mom. Lol.
@bunnybon7 (37169)
• Holiday, Florida
grandmas are sure the best and grandpas too. sometimes aunts. my aunt was the funniest and best person in my life as a young girl
my grandfather was funny and cool too. No aunts for me. But I am that for my nieces and nephews.
@bunnybon7 (37169)
• Holiday, Florida
@Courtlynn i am sure you must be one of their most loved persons. my aunt was like a mother to me more then mom ever was sorry to say. i miss her more then i ever did my mom
@bunnybon7 My mom was that way with all 6 of my "aunts" kids. each one has said it, many times. as has my other aunt, my grandmother and all our old neighbors from when we were all little. I am that way with my nieces and nephews too. their parents never spend 1on1 time with them, or take them anywhere fun, or learning places. we do.
@oahuwriter (3198)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nice to have Grandmother to be with and talk to. I lost min in the 60's. She sewed clothes for me & we went on outings together. I miss her a lot.
She is my only living grandparent.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@Courtlynn Grandmother's are awesome aren't they?
@oahuwriter ive only really known this one .. but she sure is awesome
You're blessed to have a grandma like that.
Yup thanks
@Srbageldog (8224)
Treasure the time you have with her. All of my grandparents have passed away. I miss my grandma on my mom's side. She's been gone 10 years already.
Oh, of course. I will very much be a wreck when she passes. She is my little old lady!
@Courtlynn I hope you have many more years with her.
@Srbageldog thankyou! me too! she's only 78.. but that is really old to me, and anything can happen to any of us, so go to bed hoping nothing will take her from me the next day. same with my mom and brother, whos 51 and 24.
• Pamplona, Spain
That´s lovely to have someone to chat with when you can´t sleep and she sounds very nice too.
she is.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Courtlynn A Grandma that would probably tuck you up in bed whatever age you are and talk to you to help you sleep. Sometimes too much worry can keep you awake.
@lovinangelsinstead21 i wish my grandma was like that
@Tina30219 (35185)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is nice of your grandma to pay you to make lasagna for her. You and your grandma sound like me and my boyfriend and the way we talk to each other sometime.
What I don't get, is it's HER lasagna. Lol. Guess she just don't want to make it.
@Tina30219 (35185)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Probably so.
@Tina30219 yeah. lol. oh well. by making it for her, it will give me a reason to make it for us. LOL
I loved mine too and miss her like crazy.
Sorry, Marie.
@Courtlynn thanks, I lost her in 1986.
Your lasagna must be a big hit then! I turn the sound off on my phone when I sleep so I won't get woken early if people message me before I wake up.
My phone is always on silent unless babysitting, or know drs or something is going to call. But I was awake from not being able to sleep and rolled over and saw my phone lit up. It's her lasagna, LOL. My mom learned how to make it through her, and then me through my mom. But it's very simple and doesn't have gross cheeses in it so everybody that's ever tried it loves it.
@Courtlynn lol that's funny she has you making her own recipe. I do recall seeing photos of your lasagna now that you mention that as it looked different then mine but sounded delicious with the ingredients.
@shaggin yeah. its simple, but good. we don't like other cheeses. so
@Courtlynn I am glad for you that you have your grandmother in your life and that you have a great relatlionshlp.
thanks.me too.
@Courtlynn You are welcome and you are very lucky.
She sounds like an awesome grandma.
She is! Most the time. Lol
@Deepizzaguy (14575)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My late grandmother was a wonderful woman who taught her children to respect people of different cultures because were all on the same world.
Thes good!
@Deepizzaguy (14575)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@JustBhem (41440)
• Davao, Philippines
This makes me miss my Grandmother. How I love to visit her someday. Thanks for sharing.
Sorry.. hope you see her one day.
@JustBhem (41440)
• Davao, Philippines
@Courtlynn I am looking forward to visiting her. Thanks.
@dlpierce (489)
I sure miss my grandmas, both have been gone many years. Now I am the grandma of five and great grandma of 3. Nothing compares to being a grandma.
Sorry for your losses. Enjoy every second with all your kids.
@porwest (7050)
Your grandma sounds like a hoot.
She can be lol
I miss my gramma. She was such a great woman. She had many grand and great grandchildren. You would have thought you were the only one she had and loved. Each visit with her made you feel that you were her only grands.
My grandma has 19 grands, and at least 8 greatgrands. Right now. My grandma is tje same
It sounds as if your family has a great thing going and lots of fun and love.
Not really, just my mom grandmother and I.
@lovebuglena (6850)
• Staten Island, New York
Your grandma seems cool. Nice of her to offer ten bucks for the lasagna. I bet even if you didn't take the money she'd find a way to still give it to you, maybe stick it in your bag without you noticing. Wish mine were still alive. I actually have no grandparents at all. They've all passed.
She is my only living grandparent, and I really only knew her and my grandfather. No, she wouldn't she would keep it lol.
She sounds very loving and cute! Glad you have her!
thank you! (: