Kitty Jail

@CRK109 (14459)
This little black kitten who came to live with me last August is turning 1 year old on Friday. Hard to believe. He's huge now. Last time he was weighed, he was around 13 pounds. We don't go back to the vet until September, so it will be interesting to see if he's gotten bigger than that. Of course, some days the belly on him tells me yes! lol Tonight, he was put into Kitty Jail (the bedroom). He was laying on my computer, as he loves to do. And I can't help myself, but he's so beautiful and I love petting him. So he bit me a few times and drew blood. Not a happy time for me. So I tried picking him up to move him so I could use my computer. His claws came out and he bit and scratched me quite a bit. I should have named him Shadow, because he follows me wherever I go. So I got up and walked toward the bedroom. He raced me in and I closed the door! Then I went into the bathroom and tended to my wounds. I got some ice for the worst one on my hand that was bleeding. I left him in there for a couple of hours and when he came out, he was rubbing up against me, so I knew he'd missed me. And yet, when I reached down to pet him, he bit me again! Brat! He's eating and roaming freely again but I'm keeping my hands to myself. Next time I think I'll lock myself up in kitty jail. Maybe if he sees that I know I did wrong to touch his Royal Highness, he'll leave me be for a while. roflmao!!!!! Claudia picture is mine
Scar has an evil streak in him...you have to watch his ears, they'll move ever-so-slightly at times just before he decides to attack while you are petting.
@CRK109 (14459)
Timothy doesn't seem to give any notice except to reach his front paws to wrap them around my arm to begin his attack! And once he starts, I just don't know how to stop him! I whacked him on the nose once and said "NO!" and he flew up at me and began clawing me! Never had a cat do that before!
@CRK109 I have a couple permanent scars on my leg from Scar attacking as I was walking away from him one day...he'd tried to go after another cat and I carried him back by the scruff of his neck...put him down and took two steps and he was on me.
Pretty cat. I took mine last month and he weighs 8 pounds I think he is a year and a half.
@CRK109 (14459)
That's a great size! Timothy just kept growing and growing, even when I begged him to slow down! lol
He's a pretty cat, but seems a bit vicious. Has he always been like that?
@CRK109 (14459)
Yes. Seems he was raised in the wild before the people at the shelter rescued him. He's not as bad as he was months ago, but he still has a long way to go before I consider him tame. I can't even trim his claws because he bites and scratches me like crazy. So I'm trying to be patient with him.
@CRK109 I'm glad he's doing better since you got him.
Aw sorry he kept biting and scratching you. I know some cats just don't like being touched. One year already. Wow.
@CRK109 (14459)
He loves being petted sometimes. Other times he snaps at me. I'm so confused! lol
@CRK109 right i would be too!
He's a beautiful cat and I've always been partial to black cats. I've had my share of cat scratches in my life.
@CRK109 (14459)
I was determined to get a black cat this time around since people tend to shy away from them. He sure has made things a little difficult!
Very cute little cat.
@CRK109 (14459)
Thanks! Everyone who meets him loves him. And he bites them all!
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Love bites? He looks so very innocent. I'm sorry you two are going through a rough patch.
@CRK109 (14459)
Looks can be VERY deceiving, my friend! lol One second we're having a loving moment and the next, his paws are wrapped around my arm and he's drawing blood from my hand and arm! It's the darndest thing!
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CRK109 Some cats can get easily over stimulated. I hope you two work this out to the satisfaction of both of you.
@rheicel (7328)
We also have a cat. He clawed my mom on her hands he was on the roof my mom was trying to put him back into the ground.
@CRK109 (14459)
wow, on the roof?!!!! Cat's a real climber!
@rheicel (7328)
@CRK109 My mom accidentally locked him at the back door so he tried to climb but he didn't know how to get into the ground.
Cats are lovely, but they are brat! You think they love you, they rub against you and then they bite.
@CRK109 (14459)
Yes, that's it exactly! But at least I'm not lonely anymore! lol
@CRK109 Your black kitty is so cute. I let the cats of my neighbors come inside to play with me.
He looks lovely but it is a shame he bites and scratches.
@CRK109 (14459)
He's a little terror. I do hope my friend can come over and tame him a bit!
Kitty is giving you a quizzical look.
@CRK109 (14459)
Kitty is deciding which of my arms he's going to have for his dinner! lol
@rakski (18472)
Aw. I could nit imagine how painful it is. I watched a TV series 'My Cat From Hell' and Jackson Galaxy (cat behaviorist) said cats need actibities to remove their extra energy. I am amaze by how the cat behaves after several visits with home assignments to cat owners and it really works.
@CRK109 (14459)
I also watch "My Cat From Hell". Jackson Galaxy is amazing with cats! I wish he could come here and talk to Timothy for awhile!
Yes he needs to go to Kitty jail when he is bad. I never had a cat bite me.
@PatZAnthony (12772)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
What causes this behavior in cats? We have never had a cat that did not have a companion and no doubt they behaved that way toward each other, but I don't recall a cat trying to bite me @CRK109
@CRK109 The cat should not bite you and putting him in a room is a good idea. When my cat bites me and when she comes up to want me to pet her I tell her no because she bit me. When in August is your cat's birthday? My cat's is the 15th of August?