Getting back into my spring and summer routine.

One of the things about spring and summer I love, besides the warm weather is the longer days. I tend to spend a lot of time walking in this beautiful weather and with the longer days, I can do my walking in the evening when the temperature cools a bit and still have plenty of daylight. I recently moved to a new area. I always get to know my neighborhood and the surrounding vicinity on foot. Hence the long walks. Today I decided to walk to the Mall. Instead of walking up the highway I decided to walk around the lake and to the Mall on the other side. That's a 3 km walk each way! I didnt bring my phone with me so I have no pictures, but I know this won't be the last time I walk six kilometres in one day. I'll take my phone and camera with me next time. How was your day?
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Lucinda. About to go to sleep but I had a relaxing day as I had my massage and get to walk around with my husband. Perfect. :)
@Icydoll (26066)
glad you enjoying weather there..it's warm here.
Sounds like you have a lovely area in which to take walks. A good day here.
I am just beginning my day. I am glad you are enjoying the nice weather.
That sounds like a nice walk for a beautiful day. I like the longer days too. Not into hot weather though, so not looking forward to summer. My day was good.
I avoid walking on really hot days until around 7pm when it's cooler.
@Starmaiden Good idea.
@Starmaiden My doctor said i should walk and my sister tells me to go before noon as she said it is cooler in the morning? do you find it is still cool enough to go in the morning if you don't make it out in the evening?
@kepweng (19190)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
is Canada a Beautiful Country to Lived???
I think it is. There is much to see in Canada.
@kepweng (19190)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@Starmaiden nice how about the Benefits for its citezen??
@kepweng Being a beautiful country is one thing Having a fair government is another
I'm a walker, too. I walk first thing in the morning with friends and before or after dinner with my husband. Too busy to myLot kind of day for me. lol
I enjoy my outings in solitude. It's a form of meditation for me sometimes when I'm out in nature. Today it was the lake.
@Starmaiden I do walk along the ocean during our winters in Florida. No lakes here.
@AKRao24 (21433)
That is a nice thing to know that you have taken a new route to the Mall! Have you forgotten the phone? We missed lovely pictures! Thanks!
I'll take some the next time I walk that route. It really is a beautiful lake.
@AKRao24 (21433)
@Starmaiden , Thanks a lot and expecting to see some nice pics which we miss today!Take care!
Must be lovely to check out the new neighborhood by foot.
It is the only way I can know where the shortcuts are...to the bus, to the beach (there are two lakes with beaches in my new hood), to the grocery store, to the mall, to the library...I need to learn how to get around all of these "Hills" instead of having to up and down them. There are too many hills to climb. Other than that everything is a go.
@caopaopao (12641)
Walking is a good way to exercise. Especially in such fine weather.
@porwest (8456)
Nice to get back into the swing of things, isn't it? I am just glad to get back out to tending to the yard. I think I am going to get into walking a bit more myself. I could use the exercise.
I also like to walk, I prefer the early morning, when very little people are around.
that sounds like a long walk. but good for you either way.
I do love walking also!
That is a great walk. I worked all day. Hope now and just waiting for my fiance to go home from work and then we have to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things.
@mandala100 (52558)
@Starmaiden I'll be working in the office later this afternoon my friend.
• Bridgton, Maine
Late spring and summer are my favorite times of the year. And it's coming! My day was fine, as I did some warm weather activities today, such as running, walking, and gardening in a greenhouse.