What is your biggest mistake.

We all make mistakes and they can be painful to discuss. I was trying to think and now I got it. The biggest mistake for me getting married. wish that I came out of the closet first.That is my biggest mistake Maybe this will help some. Like to help others avoid mistake that I made. We all make mistakes, and although they can be painful to discuss,. So, swallow your pride and help others avoid making the mistakes that you did.
Mine is also getting married. I don't want to regret it because it gave me my two wonderful children but I do wish that I hadn't gotten married. I could have still had my children but not stayed in it as long as I did. Walking down the aisle of the church on my wedding day I knew I was making a mistake but I still went through with it.
@Happy2BeMe I have a very good friend who married the wrong guy, and now, in her mid 50's she's never been happier because she's with the right guy. And she told me that they were both previously married, and hurt, and divorced, and the timing had to be there for them to find each other. That could be the same with you. And she always told me that she got the very best part of her ex-husband, and that was her 3 daughters.
@Juliaacv That is how I feel. It was all meant to be at the time. Now I am happier then I have ever been. It was a rough road for both of us but we found each other when the time was right. I am happy for your friend. It is a wonderful feeling when you are so unhappy for so long and then you find the one who you are meant to be with and everything is so different.
@Happy2BeMe yes.But you have two great kids there.Glad that your feeling much happier.
I've made lots of mistakes, but one that I regret the most......that's a difficult one to answer. I guess it would have to have been a smoker for 25 years. I hate to admit that I used to smoke, I know that I've hurt my lungs over the course of that time. And I cannot undo that.
I smoked 27 years before I quit. Yes I started when I was just 13!
• Kalibo, Philippines
i'm lucky because i did not smoked. eversince smoking did not exceed in my life...
@Juliaacv I see.Are you okay now
@nela13 (8243)
• Portugal
My biggest mistake was the university I did, I should had had the courage to change when I had the opportunity.
• Kalibo, Philippines
what happen to your university days?..
@nela13 I also want to know what happen there?
@db20747 (9375)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That was one of my biggest mistakes as well!!!!
@aureliah (18440)
• Kenya
My worst mistake was dating a guy I regret doing so
@aureliah I see and this guy is gone?
@aureliah (18440)
• Kenya
@amadeo Yes he is already gone.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
I understand, Alfredo. For me, it is trusting the wrong people. I should have heeded to the advice of my friends.
@migen1037 yes.But this is very typical of this.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@amadeo yeah, you are right, Alfredo.
We've all made mistakes. That's for sure. Although I don't regret being a teacher, I wished I followed my own dream of becoming a heart surgeon.
@DianneN wow a heart surgeon?I would have you for my doctor.What class did you teach or I have asked this before
@amadeo I would have loved to have been your doctor! I taught kindergarten through grade 6 , general education and special education, and a few college courses having to do with special education.
@DianneN that is great to hear.We need more teachers like this.
Probably starting drinking and, smoking cigs so young, also not finishing school.
@TRBRocks420 how old were you when started drinking and smoking?Did you get your GED
@amadeo about 12 and went back to get my diploma, but couldn't pay my bill for classes so couldn't get it.
@TRBRocks420 You had to paid there at school?
@Lolaze (3164)
Mine was driving down what I knew was a dangerous road when it was raining. Totaled my car and nearly killed myself. Was left with permanent injuries and spent 3 months recovering from a head injury.
@Lolaze oh!my that is horrible.Are you okay now.Can you function okay there. Very nice to meet you.
@Lolaze (3164)
@amadeo Nice to meet you too. I have limited range of motion in my left shoulder but other than that I recovered okay
@Lolaze that is good to hear.The left shoulder there will it always be like that.No improvement over the years
@caopaopao (12521)
One day when I went to work, I left my mobile phone at home. Then when I got off work, I left my key in the office. When I got to the door, I found there was no mobile phone and no key. I can't go home. I waited until my husband came back from work.
@caopaopao that is awful feeling there.How long did you have to wait for hubby
@caopaopao (12521)
@amadeo I went downstairs to find a neighbor and called my husband on his cell phone.
@caopaopao good there
Someone in my family ruined a sweet girl by doing that. she was hurt so bad that after about 4 years of leaving him. she is still single. If it were not for her I would not have known about my ex. I am sorry that happened. I wish they would make some law for that. But I won't say anything more. I hope you feel better. I actually wish I never been married either. The blessing for me is I never have to see him.
But you ould not have had Kay.
@jstory07 I think in many ways my dear. I should not have been married. I am not sure how life would be but that will never change. I love kay and with all my heart. She could very well have been mine but through the channels of a better everything.
@sharon6345 thank you for sharing your story.
@RubyHawk (29196)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You're so right, we all make mistakes. Hopefully we learn by them.
@RubyHawk I have learned
@RubyHawk (29196)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@amadeo So have I. Sometimes the lessons are hard.
• Eugene, Oregon
Let me count the ways... But we had to do what we did in order to be where we are today.
That is so true.
@JamesHxstatic that is for sure there.Good way of thinking.
We all do make mistakes, that's for sure. I wish I had studied to become a veterinarian rather than a teacher. Teaching was OK, but being a veterinarian would have been much more than OK.
@Corbin5 yes much more challenging ?
@amadeo Yes, and much more rewarding to me.
Probably my biggest mistake was being a stay at home mom, I was a much happier mom once I started working. I need to get the feeling of fulfillment that I get from a job well done. Housework is never done lol
@BelleStarr very true there.House work is never done.
@Icydoll (24600)
Definitely something good comes from the mistake we make..we shouldn't repeat the mistake again . repeating it is a biggest mistake
@Icydoll yes it is very much so
@paulhp (5)
• Kalibo, Philippines
i also made a mistake, not once but a lot more..i have one mistake that i cheated to my girlfriend many times and i regret it, but now im still doing it..i dont inow what to do
@paulhp Can you get some help there .Counseling ?Why do you keep doing this?
My biggest mistake was not going to Law school and settling for a life as "a wife."
@andriaperry I see.You did not go at all.How do you feel settling for a life as "wife"?
@amadeo I didn`t I divorced him
We all make mistake, my biggest not to fight enough to study what I would loved to study, architecture.
@LadyDuck is it too late to learned there.
@amadeo Yes, it is too late, the brain is no more as brilliant as it used to be. I do not remember things as I did in the past.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
My biggest mistake was , not finished my course and chose to work as office secretary..
@Jessabuma is it too late now.Can you still do this.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@amadeo yes I want to finish my studies..
@dodoazo (21285)
I don't have have the biggest mistake but I have the smallest mistake that I had lost controlled of myself that I got married while still studying in college. That smallest blunder becomes my greatesr success in life because of my ever supportive, loving and understanding wife. Now we have been married for 46 years already.
@dodoazo that is so wonderful there.46 years how great is that.Yes your wife was a huge help for you there.
@dodoazo (21285)
@amadeo Thanks. She's indeed my helpmeet. She's supporting for better and for worse. We nurture our love everyday.