I am not open minded

Bucharest, Romania
Hey friends. I don’t know what some people mean by open minded but I will tell you what I mean by it. In my opinion, being open minded means being willing to try new stuff even though sometimes that new stuff is out of your comfort zone. Sometimes I am willing to try new stuff as long as they are in my comfort zone but if it gets out of my comfort zone then I am like “no thanks. Not for me though”. But don’t get me wrong. I do not despise those that are open minded and that are willing to try certain new stuff even if that new stuff is out of their comfort zone. I respect everyone’s choices. What about you though? How do you define being open minded and do you consider yourself to be that way or not?
To me, 'open-minded' is not caring that my neighbors are gay even though that is not my life-style. But that is just an example. Many of us have 'closed-minds' about things. For instance, I wouldn't skate-board down an interstate highway even though it might be fun for some people. It could vary according to the situation. On some things, my mind is already made up, and I have no intention of 'opening' it.
• Bucharest, Romania
Yes that is exactly what I meant by that too
• Uzbekistan
Why don't you include examples? What would *you* try, what wouldn't you try? As it is, your post is pure theory.
• Bucharest, Romania
I will probably make a post giving some examples
@KrauseHome (35517)
In your sense i would say i am open minded. Depending on the situati9n and timing many times i am open to trying someth8ng new
• Bucharest, Romania
Hope you are happy with the stuff that you try
I define open minded as being open to knew things. Just because they may be on a list that others may not be open to. I am a very curious person.
Everyone is an individual and does things they feel comfortable doing. I am open to hearing new things. It is my choice whether I do them or not.