Would you pay $490 to attend Hilary Clinton's Speaking Tour?

By Bess
@epiffanie (10465)
Australia
. On the news tonight, Hilary Clinton is in Australia for Speaking Tour.. I heard that tickets were from $195 to $490 .. I'm thinking that $195 could feed a family of four in the Philippines for a month.. $490 is three weeks grocery for my husband and I here in Australia .. In the Philippines, I could start a small piggery with that money.. So even if I would love to go and I can afford it, I will be more practical and keep the money instead and use it to benefit more people .. Anyway, I am listening to her now .. for free But would you pay up to $490 to listen to her?.. Apparently, 5000 people did.. But oh boy! if you read the comments, many hate her.. Bess https://www.facebook.com/9NewsMelbourne/videos/2017756338488017/ .
@porwest (5769)
I wouldn't listen to her speak if she paid ME. lol
@epiffanie (10465)
Oh! ahahaha! .. You got me in tears laughing .. I feel like a loser now listening to her for free ..
Oh my gosh! I just laughed out loud, Jim
@porwest , Same here,
I wouldn't pay that much money for anybody's speech!
@epiffanie (10465)
Yeah, we don't have to pay because the following day, we can watch them anyway .. lol.. But are you curious what they have to say? and maybe learn some wisdom from politicians like her?..
@epiffanie Wisdom from politicians in public speeches? Does anything like this exist? :-)
@xFiacre (4552)
@maluse @epiffanie If her words are considered to be so valuable she really ought to share them with us all free of charge.
No I wouldn't that's 2 months groceries money lol.
@epiffanie (10465)
Wow! are you sure two months, not two weeks?.. lol ..
@epiffanie lol it's only for me. I can live on 200 a month for groceries.
@epiffanie (10465)
@TRBRocks420 .. oh okay.. I can live on that too all by myself.. But you have a dog.. how much a month does he spend on food ?..
If I see Mrs. Clinton on TV, and change the channel because I cannot stand the woman. I would not pay a penny to listen to her speak.
@epiffanie (10465)
I don't quite understand the dislike a lot of Americans have for Hilary .. but I will understand when I read more ..
@epiffanie Mrs. Clinton comes off as not authentic or genuine. She is very hard to like. She has a lot of baggage and scandal, part of it due to her husband when he displayed his disgusting behavior. She made life hell for the women her husband assaulted. She lied about the Benghazi attack and add to that Whitewater and Vince Foster. Since she has been in politics a long time, she has a lot of "dirt." Her insincerity strikes people the wrong way. There is so much more, but too much to list here.
@epiffanie (10465)
@Corbin5 .. I’ve heard some of those scandals involving the Clintons too.. But it was Bill’s dirty game that stood out.. I wondered why she stood by him after that.. No matter what, they have tarnished their name.. But I kind of admire her for being so strong that she swallowed her pride just to keep her family intact..
That's a ridiculous price
@epiffanie (10465)
Amazing how Some earn from speaking.. while others get into trouble for speaking ..lol..
@epiffanie yes, it is
Let's just say I am in total disagreement with a woman who tries to fake a sickness for sympathy votes and leave it at that. I hope you enjoyed it and so happy you could listen for free.
What sickness did she fake? I haven't heard about that.
@epiffanie (10465)
@WendySpickerman .. I listened to it but the sound was terrible .. it echoed.. Maybe they did it on purpose .. But I heard the audience laugh every now and then so she must have good sense of humour .. ;)
I am sure it would not be her that I would spend my money on. I have to say I am happy to spend that on someone that I found fit for the money. There are people spending that for a handbag and stereo system. So it's wonderful to have choices. But if the day I live to spend that on a purse or dare it to be makeup. I would want someone to remove me from the planet. People have the right to choose where their money goes. That would not be mine.
@epiffanie (10465)
Yes indeed .. People can spend their money how they want to ..
@epiffanie It's true but it could be bad too. I hope not for you or i at least. Thank you.
@epiffanie (10465)
@sharon6345 we must learn to manage our money ... so we won't get into trouble financially ..
@FayeHazel (18475)
Oh wow. I for sure would not. That's a high price. Groceries in Australia must be high$
@epiffanie (10465)
Australian dollar is less in value compared to American dollar ..
@FayeHazel (18475)
@epiffanie Oh! Exchange rate, I didn't even think on that
@epiffanie (10465)
@FayeHazel Yeah .. and the exchange rate at the moment , $100 AU can buy $75 US ..
@Deepizzaguy (13742)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I would rather spend money to see a Donna Summer (RIP) tribute artist sing her songs on Broadway.
@epiffanie (10465)
oh! I remember Donna Summer! When did she pass on? ..
@Deepizzaguy (13742)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@epiffanie On May 17, 2012 due to lung cancer since she was in New York City when 9-11 happened.
@epiffanie (10465)
@Deepizzaguy oh I see .. I used to listen to her in the 90s .. all the real good singers are gone ..
I am not interested in listening to her speech, especially I still have to pay for so much. What can I learn from it? Perhaps it is much more beneficial for me to listen to a professor's speech.
@epiffanie No, I am not interested in it.
@epiffanie (10465)
@youless fair enough..
@CRK109 (14463)
No way I could afford something like that.
@epiffanie (10465)
It's a bit too much for us ordinary citizens to pay anyone just to listen to them speak ..
@CRK109 (14463)
@epiffanie Perhaps she's raising money for another run at the presidency
@epiffanie (10465)
@CRK109 Do you think she will run again? .. But anyway, I'm sure she has a lot of wealthy supporters ..
@arunima25 (4307)
• Bangalore, India
I can't afford to pay so much for some speech. I will put the money to better use..for travel , family vacation or some household items. I don't mind donating a part of it for noble cause. Anyway I will come to know what she talked about through media
@epiffanie (10465)
Yes , indeed .. here's a part of her interview .. .
Australia doesn't want false and corrupt former politicians speaking to us - For someone who has been under criminal investigation, how does she have any cre...
@arunima25 (4307)
• Bangalore, India
@epiffanie Thank you for sharing. See we all can listen to her without spending a penny.
@epiffanie (10465)
@arunima25 yes.. exactly..??
@YrNemo (13341)
wow, someone must be a real fan to pay that sort of money.
@epiffanie (10465)
Maybe those 5000 who went really have extra money they don't need ..
@YrNemo (13341)
@epiffanie I think I should go there in some disguise as a beggar with a big bucket to collect donations.
@epiffanie (10465)
@YrNemo lol that would be a good idea..
I'm not surprised that she would command such a fee. My husband was often paid for speaking engagements. Glad you could hear her for free.
@epiffanie (10465)
I think Bill Clinton got more than what his wife got when he came to Australia on speaking engagement ..
@epiffanie Of course. Presidents and former Presidents usually do.
@epiffanie (10465)
@DianneN You think maybe it's because she's a woman that's why she gets less?..
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
I won't dare to pay or even going to such speech. It's not that I hate her, and you are right. It will cost a lot and you can buy things that you need.
@epiffanie (10465)
I am thinking that if I really have a lot of extra money, I might go.. just for the experience ..lol
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
@epiffanie Me too, like what does it like to be in that event? Curiosity sometimes failed us. Lol
@epiffanie (10465)
@JustBhem Just for the experience I would go.. only if I have a lot of extra money ..lol..
@FourWalls (14125)
Not $490. Not $4.90. Now, if she paid me $4900, I might consider it. But only if I can bring an iPod and listen to something else while she’s talking. Same with all politicians.
@FourWalls (14125)
@epiffanie -- no. Joel Olsteen charged $25 when he was in Louisville a couple of years ago. Billy Graham's appearances here were free.
@epiffanie (10465)
@FourWalls that’s good to know that Billy Graham didn’t charge for his appearance..
@caopaopao (10392)
If it were me, I wouldn't pay for her speaking tour. We can watch it in the media. It's all free.
@epiffanie (10465)
Yep .. I did listen for free ..
@caopaopao (10392)
@moffittjc (43990)
• Gainesville, Florida
Back in the early 90s, when her husband Slick Willy was running for President, they stopped by the university I was attending on the campaign trail. Being that I am not of the political party that they are, I knew nothing about it. However, on the day they arrived and were speaking on campus, I had just gotten out of class and was walking back to my car to head home to get some lunch when my path took me directly by where they were speaking. I walked right up to the front row, and stayed and watched Bill, Hillary and Al Gore speak. I didn't agree with a lot of the things they were talking about, but it still was pretty cool to experience. I even got several great pictures of me with Bill and Hillary after the event was over. Oh...and I made sure to tell Bill Clinton that I was voting for his opponent! LOL
@epiffanie (10465)
LOL! .. on telling Bill that you were voting for the opposition .. It would have been really to experience .. If I had a lot of extra money, I would have gone too just for the experience ..
@moffittjc (43990)
• Gainesville, Florida
@epiffanie It was a really cool experience, and I'm glad I stumbled across the event back when I was in college.
• Northampton, England
They are fund raisers for access to influential people, nothing more. No one wants to hear the old hag talk.
@epiffanie (10465)
I can't understand why they have to charge that much ..
• Northampton, England
@epiffanie political fund raising.It gets around the superpac rules I guess
I would never contribute one red cent to enrich those people more! The majority of them are liars.
@epiffanie (10465)
Lol.. i agree.. and amazingly they can sound very convincing..
@epiffanie They are the best liars one gets for the money.