It's Just Too Warm

I like to wake up naturally, but this morning I wasn't so lucky. I went to bed feeling fairly pleasant. We had our ceiling fan on over our bed. I woke up about 5:00 this morning feeling all icky and sticky. Our home was already starting to warm up with the summer heat that has arrived. We are trying to be conservative with our central air , but it will become more of a challenge as our Mississippi heat climbs this week. Normally I would spend a lot of time in my parents pool to stay cool, but we may not open it this summer , because of my parents health. I need to be with them to take care of them and we're not sure if they are well enough to get in the pool this year. Especially my mama. She is very wobbly and I don't know if she would even know what a pool is. What do you do to stay cool ? I started my day off with a big cup of ice water and will take a cool shower soon. I hope that you all have a great day.
@AKRao24 (19761)
It is very hot today...we can't do much except staying inside with the ACs on ! Thanks!
Inside is the place to be
@AKRao24 (19761)
@Tampa_girl7 , Yes, unless you have some real important work outside! Thanks!
@AKRao24 unfortunately I will have to go outdoors today
We are headed for a heat wave starting Saturday.
I hope that you are ready for it.
@Tampa_girl7 I got a good fan and, cold drinks :)
@TRBRocks420 fans help out a lot.
We can expect really hot weather starting from June or July into September. Right now it is still reasonably pleasant in the country area where I live -might not be the same in the city.
• Hangzhou, China
In Hangzhou,it's very hot too.When the sun rises,it feels like i'm living near the volcano.Even in night,My laptop is till hot like a roasting chicken.i can't use this laptop for a long time.As an Otaku,it's really annoying me. At my home,we have no pool and lake to swim.Because Chinese water in our hometown is very dirty that no fish lives here.So we have to used the Fan to cool down.I hate the sound of fan,but i hate the heat of these days more. now i'm listening the girl's song,i found it's a good way to keep mind calm.
I find music calming too
Usually by drinking ice water and I have a fan blowing on me. If I can I go to the beach for a swim.
@Icydoll (22492)
Im just staying inside the house due to extreme heat here...yeah you should take care of your parents..it's nice of you..God bless you and your family.
@dodo19 (33051)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's definitely not pleasant. It was pretty warm the last few days, but this morning, it's rather cool. Temperatures definitely dropped.
@cintol (6882)
Thats how it is here this week and muggy, oh I hate muggy. I don't know if I will be able to get used to this weather in Texas.
I leave the a/c off as much as possible. With both of your parents having some form of dementia I would worry about having a pool accessible. I like lots of short cool showers.
I am enjoying the cool rainy mornings here lately. I know that heat is coming up. I keep the house as closed up as possible during the day. Try to only use the A/C during the hottest part of the day. That is about 3p. til 5p.
Well, since we haven't a clue how to set the thermostat that has 13 buttons for this, that and the other, our heat and air conditioning go on automatically. I have the air conditioner and furnace checked each spring, and a nice young fellow sets the thermostat for us. We have tried to follow the multitude of steps to start the darn thing, but we always mess it up.
@HazySue (21928)
I had the same problem last nighty. Once I was awake and hot and sticky I had a heck of a time going back to sleep. I hope it isn't the start of an impossibly hot and humid summer. I am a cold shower and ice water type of gal too.
Yes, it gets so hot down south earlier than it does here. We have already run the a/c, but it has been very springlike this week. Stay cool. At least it's not snowing.
I have already turned the a/c on, its hard for Tony to breathe as it is, I don`t need him coughing all night. I sleep better when its cool but I love my hot days outside.
It's not yet hot here, today is even a bit cold after the thunderstorm. In summer I take several showers, we do not have A/C.
we have not got to the warm weather yet.Too early for us.
@rakski (18621)
Juat inside thw house with the AC on
When it gets too warm, it's ac time.
I'm with you on that. Here in New York, we went from temps in the 30's and 40's to suddenly 60's 70's and even hit 80s. Usually, in the springtime, I enjoy opening all the windows We had such hot days we ended up closing them early in the morn to keep it cool all day. My daughters want to air conditioner on but I said a firm no. It's too early. We just started spring. We've had some uncomfortable night's twice now. Please God let me get through May at least with my windows open. I love the fresh air circulating through the house. All natural is what I love best. I tend to start the day off with a bagel or a fruit smoothie. Though I have to admit it would have to be 100 F before I took a cool shower. I love nice hot showers. I find them relaxing, releases tension in muscles and downright cleansing.
@porwest (6014)
Sometimes a cold shower works. But it is only a temporary fix. Where I live too ultimately you wind up having to give in and just keep the air running.