Why are citizens of U.S.becoming more obese?

Why are citizens of U.S.becoming more obese. Everywhere you look you see many overweight people. Why is the happening. Have a good day. Photo image online
Because they eat the wrong food, too much fried food, too much cheese, too much everything, including those dangerous sodas full of sugar.
@LadyDuck glad I do not drink soda.Water is my drink.
@amadeo Water is also my drink, sodas are not good to stay healthy.
• Uzbekistan
@LadyDuck I drink fruit juice and water. Coke, Pepsi, etc. makes me belch which I don't enjoy.
@alberello75 (18697)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I've always heard about the fact that, U.S.becoming more obese. But you believe, only happen to them? No, anywhere in the world I suppose. Maybe, however, such news does not reach people's "ears"!
There was an article last week about obesity issue in the UK.
@alberello75 I have been to Italy many times.I do not see many obese people there. That is good to see.They also dress wonderfully.
@WendySpickerman I must have missed this.
• Calgary, Alberta
The food is cheap for a 1st world country and people are too busy to cook their own meal or to exercise because they do 9 to 5 jobs.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Is that true? 9 to 5 jobs?
• Calgary, Alberta
@Jessabuma 9 to 5 jobs means boring unfulfilling jobs.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@CaptAlbertWhisker Ohh I see.. hehehe!!!
@AKRao24 (21216)
I really have any idea about their lifestyles....all I know is when some one eats more food and burn less calories then the extra food is converted into fat and that makes one obese! So either they must be eating lot of food and doing less of physical work.Or eating normally but not exerting enough to burn out the food! Thanks!
@AKRao24 maybe the wrong type of food?
@AKRao24 (21216)
@amadeo , Quite possible , with lot of fats and carbs in it! Thanks!
@vandana7 (67706)
I am obese...and I am not a US citizen. :) I do not eat much of what the Americans eat or vice versa. May be we do have that dreaded gene. LOL
@vandana7 some people do there.How about in your country.What do you see.
@vandana7 (67706)
@amadeo Around 50's especially late 50's ..80 percent of working class becomes rotund like me.
@caopaopao (12553)
Do Americans often eat fast food? I think fast food often has a lot of calories. Fried chicken has a lot of hormone that make people fat. I always restrict my daughter to eat fried chicken.Although she likes it very much.
@ccaopaopao Americans eat a lot of fast food.they do not cook anymore.this is the fast way of eating.
@caopaopao (12553)
@amadeo Too much fast food will make people fat, and they are bad for people's health. Fast food is popular with the children in China. Hope children are not addicted to it.
@caopaopao same here the children loved it
@silvermist (20116)
I think all countries have their share of obese people.
@silvermist they do but it seems to me more here.
@silvermist (20116)
@amadeo Yes,especially when we take into account the percentage of population in each country.
@mandala100 (50705)
@amadeo Vey unhealthy lifestyle my friend.
@mandala100 yes it is.They never learn
@mandala100 (50705)
@amadeo That's true my friend.
@rakski (22105)
Really? They food serving is too big. Some of them has 2 or more jobs.
I made the remark once I'd starve on the food servings they want people to have now. And it's true in my case. lol
@rakaski still not an excuse.Health is first.I have worked many hours.The probably with some is the video games and the devices no excersize they are lazy
@Ithink (10500)
Some I think is the food that we are able to get. Which is why I garden when I can, love the season and all the good organic vegetables I grow. Our foods are so unhealthy with all the added crap added to everything, from the spraying of our vegetables and fruits to the hormones and other things feed to the animals. Other is the lack of exercise, I know I don't get what I need or even what I want during the school year. When school is over is when I get out and hike and such. Winter I'm in the house the full time which is why I want to get a treadmill that I can at least do for a little each day.
No you are correct there.Good for you to garden.
@kepweng (18660)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i Think food is CHEAP is usa??
@kepweng depends where you go.
• Preston, England
too much fast food, poor diet-education, stress etc
@arthurchappell your right there Art.
Because they just do not care and it is not good to be over weigh. Your body starts to have lots of problems. I am not overweight.
@jstory07 yes most do not care.That is why so many health problems out there.
I would imagine it is too much food for the amount of physical work that the body does. So much is done electronically and that doesn't burn a lot of calories. These are just my suspicions.
@Juliaacv yes and fatty food that most of us eat.
@kobesbuddy (55669)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I believe in the 'instant generation' we're living in, people don't do as much, physically. When we were children, it was a rare occasion, that we'd be sitting around. Instead, we were outside, playing jump-rope, tag, baseball, wrestling, walking to town, roller skating, ice skating, climbing trees, we were very active!
@kobesbuddy not today.they rather play their games on the computer and I phone
@kobesbuddy (55669)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@amadeo Yes, to stare at a computer screen, to find out what's going on, in the real world:( With snack bowls sitting all over the house!
@kobesbuddy oh my all over the house
People are becoming obese, because we are a fast paced society. We eat processed foods, 150 of sugar a year, sodas and candy. Yet, we can't blame it all on candy, sugar and processed foods. We eat grains, which turns into insulin. Almost all foods can turn into insulin, including proteins. They cause insulin spikes and insulin is the cause of all diseases including obesity. If you want to be thin, lose weight, you have to get rid of the insulin. How do you do that? Get rid of the grains, sugar and processed garbage. Carbohydrates cause you to hold water and turns into glucose, glucose is insulin. What is insulin? Sugar! We go to fast food restaurants like McDonald's and eat their chicken, which has been processed so bad that it won't even mold. Think of this: good food will get moldy, bad food just gets dry and hard. Imagine that dry, hard so called food in your gut. Obesity is happening all over, not just the USA.
I have been in Europe and do not see as many as we see here.I do not eat at fast food never will. this is more due the education of these people.They know that it is not good for them.But loved it. I see more in the USA than abroad.
@amadeo I rarely eat fast food for the very reasons. Curious where you spend most of your time. Have you seen the UK show skinny vs. obese?
@ThinkGratitude No have not.Where do I spend most of my time?meaning what?
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is because people eat too big a portion of food and fattening food. Restaurants serve way too big plates of food.
@LeaPea2417 that is for sure Some places you can get one meal and share it.This works out fine
@LeaPea2417 (22073)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@amadeo Yes, my husband and I have many times bought one big entree and split it. Sometimes, even when we do that, we still have left overs that we take home in a take out box.
@LeaPea2417 I see.Too much food they give you?
@bunnybon7 (37447)
• Holiday, Florida
i think it is because so many of us have to end up eating steroid full things. it is bound to cause it to be in our systems and animals and plants are given those all the time. hard to afford the things without them. plus a lot of sugars and salt is added.
@bunnybon7 lots of sugar,hidden sugar etc.
@bunnybon7 (37447)
• Holiday, Florida
@amadeo yes and most don't know how to be careful of it nor can most afford to be picky about what they eat
@bunnybon7 yes.anything taste good.Is what they want.
I'm not fat. I've noticed many overweight people in other countries, too. If you eat more calories than your body can burn, anyone can blow up.
@DianneN When I spend time in Italy very few there.Very few.
@amadeo It depends what part of Italy you are in, I suppose. I remember quite a few chubettes in Venice and Sorrento. Double chins, fat bellies and thighs, thick waists, etc. Just a sight to behold.
Too many convenience foods? We tend to sit more too
@Marilynda1225 yes the youngster do.Playing games.Wonder if they know how to read a book.
@amadeo doubtful that this generation will enjoy reading as much as we do