Let me heartily recommend a hotel.

@xFiacre (4268)
Ireland
The establishment in question is called Phideas Hotel and it's located in Piraeus, the port that serves Athens. The welcome was warm, courteous and helpful - Yannis really did go the second mile. The rooms were immaculately clean and the beds most comfortable. The bathrooms were spacious and everything functioned properly. The rooms were also very quiet, and the buffet breakfast a lot more generous than any I've ever had in Europe. And the hotel provides free transport to and from the ferry port and to and from the airport bus. What more could you want. The area is full of restaurants, cafes and bars but the noise remains on the waterfront and doesn't ever reach Kountouriotou street where the hotel sits. One thing I couldn't help noticing in Greece was that although the Greek economy has always been rather calamitous, every little harbour (and Piraeus is a rather big harbour) is festooned with very expensive looking yachts.
Well, Greece has several of the riches shipping company owners of the world. Remember Onassis? Besides, the fact that many Greeks are dirt poor doesn't mean that some aren't stinking rich. Another besides: Many Greeks are brill at tax evasion.
@xFiacre (4268)
@maluse Yes, it’s the country that went bust, not the wealthy. A bit like Ireland.
Sounds like you had a good time and the service at the hotel was impeccable.
Thank you for the hotel recommendation. The countries that Europe calls "Club Med" unfortunately have few very rich people and many poor. All those rich people are expert in tax evasion. Have you checked the flags of those yachts?
I have been there.Many,many years ago.