I might start a new blog. Not sure if I can start one early or after doing some major tweeking

Dallas, Texas
I know that these days, blogs otherwise called personal home pages or websites, in general, have to be mobile friendly. So that said, I have not created a website since back in 1995, when I first learned HTML 4 basic hypertext with graphics, hyperlinks, embedded sound, tables and so forth. I kept the old website files but I think it's time to consider crafting a new site and I might be getting started next month, if I can find time to give it a try.
I am sure there are tutorials and resources that help with making websites / blogs more mobile friendly. I used to create websites myself. I remember one tutorial site that I liked, Funky Chickens. I am not sure if they are even still online, or if they are, whether it's all outdated.
• Dallas, Texas
It would be a strange thing to call a site, but does have a nice catchy name. I know that wordpress is a workable one. I also know that yahoo small business has options for blogging and site building tools and web hosting. But I have no access to a great graphics suite yet. I only have various corel photopaint versions older than the more current one out there. I need to work on my graphics a bit before moving forward.
@lookatdesktop I know there are a lot of free / cheap graphic making apps out there now. At one time, it was a dream of mine to be a graphic artist. Of course that was sort of a "fly by night" dream, and never came to fruition. I just checked, and yes, Funky Chickens is still online but looks outdated. I used it back in 99-03.
• Dallas, Texas
@ScribbledAdNauseum , Good things last a long time online. I have many things to think about first before going forward but it might be something I can do in the very near future. I have a friend who is a guitar player. He needs to follow his dream. Even school teachers can follow their dreams of becoming an author of novels. I bet you are talented and thus you will find it a challenge and rewarding personally if you give it your best shot, that is, working on your graphic arts. I love graphic art. I took courses in drafting and have been drawing most my life. It's fun to draw and fun to find ways to create. So keep an open mind and happy heart and pursue your dreams.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Looking forward to reading your blog, Anthony and Happy Mother’s day to your wife.
• Dallas, Texas
Thank you a lot. And Happy Mother's Day to you and your friends and family also. I will try to get some kind of cake made tomorrow if possible.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@lookatdesktop You are welcome, Anthony. Thank you too. Will the cake be a surprise for your wife?
@Starmaiden (7641)
I saw this on the web and thought I'd give it a shot. The only money you need to spend is what it will cost for your own domain. I can't begin this until I have that money to spend, but I do intend to do it.
Learn how to make money blogging in just 30 days by doing daily blogging challenges and build a successful blog either for fun or for profit.
• Dallas, Texas
I will be working on a plan and I know it will take some doing but I am going to give it another try. The fact is, if I can do it once, I can do it again, only better.
@rheicel (7296)
Wow, cool that you've already created your own website it's my dream to have mine but I don't have time to learn HTML.
Good luck. It will be great to learn something new.
@aureliah (18373)
• Kenya
You should consider having a new site and share the link when done
@alberello75 (18630)
• Genova, Italy
I see you are very experienced in blogging and languages like HTML. Congratulations. If you create your own personal website and always if you want, you could send me the link, also via PM. Thank you and happy Sunday. Alessandro
• Cuddalore, India
I am also starting a new custom plugin using Wordpress. I don't know anything about programming so I gave them to developers.
@inertia4 (27713)
That sounds interesting. I have thought about a blog myself many times. But I just could never seem to find the right content to put on it. I am still thinking about doing one. But I need to really focus, something I haven't been able to do lately. Too many personal issues going on in my life. I wish you all the luck and success with your are blog.