Do you bring some cash outside?

cash
Guangzhou, China
I must say that I seldom withdraw cash from ATM today and most of the time I pay by my phone. It is much more convenient and I don't really need the cash. This is why there is really little cash in my wallet. Yesterday my husband accompanied me to the driving school to learn to drive. In the lunch break we went to McDonald's as it wouldn't spend much time. When I wanted to pay for it by phone as usual, the staff told me that the system was down and there was no way to pay by phone or credit card. And cash was the only one option. That's so embarrassing as I didn't even have enough cash to pay for it I asked my husband to pay for it instead
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Hehehe!!! I always bring cash when I go out..
• Walnut Creek, California
I bring just a small amount ($20 to $40). When I have cash from music gigs or speaker sales, it goes into the bank. I live in the US, and you never know when someone might bop you over the head and take your wallet.
@TheHorse I understand. This is why I also prepare for the cash if I meet an accident when I have a travel.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@TheHorse yes me too.. I always bring cash but not too much..
@Peach10 (1934)
Your husband was a.life saver
Or I had to go away since I was unable to pay for it
@id_peace (7634)
I always do that as our online payment is not as strong as China
I travelled Singapore and actually the payment is convenient in your country At least it seems all places accept to credit card but it is not the same in Japan, hard to believe.
@id_peace (7634)
Yes credit cards are good here
@id_peace In Hong Kong you can not pay by credit card if the amount is very little. But I am glad that you can still use your credit card in spite of the little amount in Singapore.
@rakski (22100)
At least your husband is there to pay for the food. Yes, I believe in China, most do not need to bring cash because even the taxi can be paid by phone.
Especially even a street vendor can accept payment with it. It is convenient for both sides
@rakski (22100)
@youless oh really? That is nice
@rakski Sure, we don't have to touch the cash and it is clean. And we don't have to worry about fake money.
As it happens that the computers are down, I always bring some cash with me, at least I am sure I can buy what I need. Technology is fine, too much technology is a pain.
I haven't experienced such kind of problem before.
@youless In Italy it's very common that their system is down and many places only accept cash for small purchases.
I do, cause I might need it for whatever reason there might be hehe
So at least you will not have my embarrassing moment
@youless good thing you were with your husband he got your back :)
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes, I do. But usually a small amount only. I bring my debit card.
I like to use credit card more than debit card as the credit card company will give me gifts according to my consuming amount.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@youless I had said goodbye to credit card. But I agree it comes handy.
@maximax8 (28558)
I like to take some money out of an ATM machine so I have money to pay for my shopping. If I pay with a debt card then I notice I spend much more money. When I have a certain amount of real money then I can't spend more than that. Last year my banks let me do contactless spending and I was able to do that up to 30 pounds a time. I don't like to do that because it is so easy to spend lots of money. I did use the contactless card on London Underground and it added up to quite a lot of money.
Perhaps this is why today Japanese tend to use cash more than before.
@kanchan10 (3422)
• Kolkata, India
some cash is always there with me. moreover in India cash is still the king and very few merchants accept anything other than cash.
Here the merchants don't really mind how you pay for it.
@kepweng (18637)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
its Risky to get Snatched??
No, I think today the thieves will have a hard time as people will not bring much cash to go out
@anikoonline (3259)
• Hungary
It's good that your husband had enough cash. Here credit card is not accepted everywhere and I don't know any shop where I could pay with my phone, so I usually have some cash with me.
Perhaps today I don't bring much cash and therefore it seems my husband has enough cash
• Walnut Creek, California
I have $250 in my wallet from recent music gigs, but I usually only carry $20, for just that kind of emergency.
USD250 is supposed to be a big amount in your country. As you credit card payment is very convenient in your country.
At least your husband had some cash.
Yes, otherwise we had to leave