Planning a kids/family routine

@Daelii (5941)
I try really well to be able to manage my time effectively. Yet all to often it seems like I have so much I like to do and enjoy in life but not enough time to do it all. So to try and do so, I try to do everything in moderation. Like I'd love to fully update my entire blog but instead of doing it one big 24 hour bit I work on it a little bit every other day. So maybe next year it will all be complete! I at least hope so! I also try to plan my day when I wake up with three good things to look forward that day. They can be little things or big things, but they are still stuff I hope to try and enjoy or accomplish at some point that day. I am working harder in planning the days. But in all honesty, I'm so much of a free spirit. I can easily get distracted and do something completely unrelated to my days planning. I think being adaptable is a great thing. But sometimes being so flighty can be annoying. Do you have any set schedules or routines? I need to work on mine a bit! Summer break is approaching fast! The kids only have about a week left and an award ceremony!!!
They're almost done with school!? Wow! Our schools don't get out til end of June! Though time is surely flying by! I plan my days, but things do change a lot. mostly because of other people, but life.
@Daelii (5941)
Its hard to think that! They start school the first week of August! Abby barely made the age cut off because her birthday is August 2nd. She literally turned 5 right before school started!
@Daelii NOSA! My birthday is august 2nd! CRAZY! Our schools start first Wednesday after labor day, and go until mid-end June.
@Daelii (5941)
@Courtlynn lol! yeah! Here its almost always first week of August - with the exception of kindergarten. They only go 1 day the first week, so each day will have 4-5 kids to get to know each other, before they start the real school week. then they all get out in may. plus they get a week off for each of fall harvesting (lot of farmers in area), winter, and spring.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
I don't have any set schedules or routines.. but good luck to you always..
@Daelii (5941)
Thank you! I use to be very much like that and still am at times!
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Daelii you're always welcome..
@Plethos (10977)
i dont plan things out. i just start and go from there.
@Daelii (5941)
Nice! I was once like that! Had college days, work days, and whatever happens days!
@Plethos (10977)
@Daelii - its a bit difficult when i like different things from them.
@1hopefulman (32610)
I have a weekly routine where there are things that I need to do and other tings are done after that is done. The most important is the spiritual activity that I want to keep. Next is a health routine. Other things are done as I have time.
@Daelii (5941)
That is so far basically what I'm planning!
@gnatsmom (1261)
I try to set schedules, but there is just not enough time in the day to complete my responsibilities plus have time to do fun relaxing things. I grab every minute I can with my kids and grand kids, but that is so hard since three of them are grown and living in other places. It gets depressing, cause I feel like I am running in circles accomplishing nothing.
@Daelii (5941)
It does! I love my kids and boy do they get messy on weekends or after school during the work week. It can at times feel like alls I do is clean and with a toddler its like by the time I clean up one mess she made two more! Haha So I don't want to be like on a military schedule for every hour but I do feel having routines for brushing hair, teeth, etc help. I also don't like "hey we are doing this now" because I think it removes the fun from it. So I like letting my kids pick so we all enjoy it.