Emotional, yet normal

It's no surprise that yesterday was a tough day for me. And even for my mom. As my daughter is still not in our lives, and my grandmother moved out of state a few months ago - which made this the first year my mom couldn't see her mom for mother's day. But for me, it was a surprise that I made it through the day on my own. As my mom had to work, my brother wasn't home, and my boyfriend was here, but went back to sleep after we ate breakfast until he had to get ready to go home. So.. I had thoughts. Many actually. But I did dishes and laundry, and watched a movie once the boyfriend left.. and just tried to relax. Then once the movie was over I was getting ready to go to Dollar Tree, and the doorbell rang. It was my friend. She came by to give my mom some roses, and me a lotion and perfume. It was a nice little surprise, and made me happy she thought of me after the way she's been the last two years. But then when she was going out the door, I saw my niece out in the field with another of my friends friends and their son.. Which hurt for reasons. But then my niece came over, said 'Happy Mothers Day' and gave me a big hug; and my heart melted. Then after they left I hit the store to get my mom a balloon, new card, and some candy. Plus got my grandmother a card. And when I was at the register, the lady said "I know you're not a mother, but since you always have peoples kids, Happy mothers day" with a smile on her face. And since she had no idea, I was hurt but not mad.. and I nicely replied back "Well.. Technically I am a mother, as I have an almost 10 year old. But her father abused her when she was 3 months old and dcf took her". She then said sorry and asked where he was, So I told her "in the next town, with my half sister and their 2-3 kids". And man you should've seen both her face, and the face of the lady in line behind me! They were both so angry and disgusted! And the lady behind me mentioned that they would have shot him. Then I left.. with my mind all jumbled up again. Even forgot my balloon and had to walk back for it. Then came home and came on here, but only for about 20 minutes as I didn't feel like talking much.. So I got off and laid down listening to one of the cds I made the other night. Mom came home as the cd ended, saw her stuff in her room and was "happy".. I say it like that because as I stated above it was a hard day for her too. Then we went to the store for dinner, cooked and ate, then watched tv til we had to go pick up my brother from work.. So yeah, yesterday definitely had it's emotions.. but was also a pretty normal day for us, especially towards the end.
@Tina30219 (34227)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry it was not a good day for you it wasn’t for me either. I am glad you got a hug from your niece and a happy mother’s day.
Sorry to hear that. Big hugs! Thanks, it sure helped at the moment!
@Tina30219 (34227)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn Thanks I am kind of use to it even though not a day goes by that I don’t think about them and miss them.
@Tina30219 of course!
@silvermist (20100)
I do not have enough and suitable words to say to you about what you went through.How is your Monday?
my Monday is normal, but also boring as I am not in the mood for anything.
@silvermist (20100)
@Courtlynn The boredom will disappear.
@silvermist not really, if theres nothing to do
You really did have a day that was mixed with all kinds of emotions. Those days are hard to handle.
yes they are hard to handle. but I did it, thankfully.
@Plethos (10315)
for mothers day i spent part of it with my grandmother. bought her flowers and some candy. it was fun until she started to bully me about my long hair and stuff, but hey, thats a grandma .
My grandmother does that to my brother too. Lol. But then, my mom and I do it to him too .
@Daelii (5635)
I'm so sorry! I wish I could say something better.
thanks.
@inertia4 (27674)
I totally understand. I am divorced and the ex has my kids so I don't see them that often anymore. And it hurts my parents because they love their grandkids very much. And to make yesterday harder, my girlfriend had lost her mother almost a year ago. So for her and her twin sister and her brothers, it was the first year without her. Her mother was a wonderful woman. I miss her as well. But life is funny and totally unpredictable.
So sorry you don't get to see them often, and that they lost their mom. :(
@inertia4 (27674)
@Courtlynn No they have their mom. My girlfriend lost her mother. Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it right.
@inertia4 I know, I meant the gf and her family. that's why there's a coma.
Even after all of these years, I get emotional on our daughter's birthday, and when people refer to our son as an only child. Those words hurt, so I get your feelings yesterday.
Oh yes, that would surely hurt me too. So sorry people do that, even if they don't know.. That's why I tend to watch my words, because we never know what a stranger has gone through.
@Courtlynn That's why I feel that sometimes a warm smile given to a stranger can do more good.
@Juliaacv agreed
@KristenH (24085)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Wow! That's like an emotional roller coaster ride. Glad your niece made you smile though.
Yes it was. thanks, me too. very unexpected but needed.
@KristenH (24085)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Welcome and so glad it made your weekend.
@arunima25 (2476)
• Bangalore, India
Sorry to hear about your rough day!! But cherish the good moments...your time with your mom and the hug from your niece. Cheer up!!
Of course i cherish the good parts of life.
@arunima25 (2476)
• Bangalore, India
@Courtlynn That's the way to live life
@Peach10 (1838)
That was so nice of your friend to surprise with those giftd
yeah it was.
It sounds like it was a tough day but it did has some good points.
mostly just that my friend and niece surprised me with a visit. but yeah.
Hang on and stay strong.
trying. every day.
I am sorry it was a difficult day for you, it was for me too. I went to see my mom at the nursing home and she was deep asleep. I was torn between being grateful she wasn't awake because she might not have known me and disappointment.
thank you. sorry it was for you too.