Thinking about winter. Where art thou, holidays!!!

Chile
As soon as days begin to shorten and the weather gets colder, I start to check how much money I have to go where. I do have money to go alone, but I would like to go with someone. My friends are either busy of are going elsewhere. I would like to invite Leticia, but I would need a lot of money to go anywhere with her. The Caribbean is my first interest. But I don´t have enough money How do you do when you want to go somewhere and you don´t have enough money? Do you still go, using your credit card? Do you just look at the beaches in your laptop? Any other ideas?
@alberello75 (17515)
• Genova, Italy
Well, unfortunately I could not give you suggestions, because I do not travel. I can not afford it. Patience... So I can only.... look at the beaches in my desktop ....
I will go for a week to the Iguazu falls with some friends for my birthday. But I would like to go where there is more sun and I will not be able to afford it this year.
@alberello75 (17515)
• Genova, Italy
@marguicha Well, I do not know my economic condition. Neither are my business to know it. However, I am saving around 50 Eurocents / day (Currently, I'm just at € 13). But what I'm going to do through this money, this would be something "secret". But I could say it only to you, but not publicly here on Mylot. If you were interested, you could leave me via PM, your e-mail address. Thanks and greetings Alessandro
@alberello75 You know the PM are private. Whatever you write to me there will not be seen by anyone at mylot. I even talk in Spanish there with a mylotter from Mexico and another from Spain.
@RubyHawk (25260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, I'm too frugal. I would never use a credit card. I'd find something fun to do closer to home.
I use my credit card, but I always pay it within the month.
@RubyHawk (25260)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@marguicha So do I. I'm weird about spending money. It's just me.
Sorry you don't have enough money for that first choice. Hope you can go next year.
I hope so.
We go every year, usually with our tax refund. This year we are just putting it on the credit card and paying it off. The flights are the cheapest they have been in any years.
I have been going every year for some time, but each time it gets harder.
@maximax8 (28247)
I really love the photo that you are using. It is my ideal sort of destination because it has palm trees, a blue ocean and comfortable places to sit. When I was 19 years old I visited St Lucia in the Caribbean and it was blissful. I loved its Piton Mountains, cool rainforests and pretty beaches. I bought a book last year by Rough Guides and it shows how to get a cheap flight. I look up tropical beaches on my laptop. I am going on another trip in April 2019. I can't afford a trip before then because it will be quite expensive.
I have a timeshare in Aruba. I will probably invite Leticia, but not before next year.
@maximax8 (28247)
@marguicha Is it possible to get a cheap flight to Aruba?
@maximax8 Flights are less expensive in low season.
I go someplace I can afford.
No one can do better than that!