Your word is Your bond

@sugartoes (42026)
Greencastle, Indiana
Hey there my friends, hows things been going with you? I have been talking to my neighbor on & off this past week & when he tells me he's gonna do something I expect it. Well him & his old lady split up like 2 yrs ago well she's got her a place to live & doing her thing but HIM on the other hand is just like as he says in transition say WHAT? He says one thing & does another & talks like he's more into I don't KNOW transition if you ask me, I mean really? he don't know what he wants to do other than do nothing. I don't say I'm going to do something IF I know I can't I'm one that if I KNOW I can do it then that's what I'm doing my neighbor is more interested in drinking his life away. He wants to sell his place but with no phone & no ATTEMPS to make this happen & the area we live in I don't see it any time soon he SAYS he's gonna fix the place up for it to sell. Well o k it takes $ to do that but yet he spends his $ on booze & smoke & he hasn't had no water for like MOS other than what gals I bring him or he ask for he stinks. My door is open for ANYONE that needs water or a shower & we've told him he can take a shower at my place anytime he needs to but I have yet to see him ask if he can take one. I'm hoping that my husband can get his water fixed tomrrow so maybe he WILL take a shower & hoping that will get him in the right direction to change things, I know this sounds off Don't you feel a lot better after not having a bath in a few days & you feel like a human again I know I do that I hate to get out That's what I mean by hoping he changes he way of thinking. Another thing why I take your work to heart is that's the way it was back in the days when OUR parents were going up & we were taught to never lie or take things for granted in life. So here's a thought to consider think about when someone says they gonna do something & they don't what bells go off in your head after they've said what they going to do? I admire those that stick to the things they say they going to do cause it shows me they are serious about things that they care about & tired of the same routine their living.
Something your father should have told you about keeping your promises. There is a very important reason as to why you should keep your word as a man. I will...
@rakski (21053)
I agree. It is such a pain to always hear things being said without being it done
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@rakski it's like a broken record, he'll ask I"ll explain it to him & the next thing I know he's complaining how nothing is getting done.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Gayle. Oh yes, it is really annoying when people do not act upon what they say they will do and then complain why nothing is happening good. Just sad.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@mlgen1037 that's where I'm at, if you want change you got to MAKE change O M G nothing gets under my skin more than someone talking but not doing.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@sugartoes There are is a saying, Walk your talk. Simply means, do what you say.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@mlgen1037 that's what I'm saying.
@VivaLaDani13 (21595)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes It only bothers me to some extent when people don't do what they say. But it depends on the person and what it is exactly. Sometimes people need a push or talking to. I don't know this guy so I can't say what the hold up is but maybe there could be more going on in his head that he doesn't wish to share with you. There could be a reason as to why he isn't making an effort on improving or sorting things out. Or it could just very well be that he is lazy but you never know what's going on in someone's head. You can only know what he allows you to know. I do know what you are saying though! I do get frustrated when important things need to be done but don't but the reasons for the slowness isn't always what we think. Best not to judge or come up with reasons for it without really knowing from the horse's mouth. It would be nice for him to get it together though I can tell you that. I hope things get done by him to start living a better life! Kind of you to offer whatever you can to help but yes, he needs to start doing things for himself. There does come a time when the things we want to change can only change by us doing it.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 you are SO right, but I'm one that if you won't do what needs to be done I'll make or FIND away to get it done cause I just feel like they talk like they WANT to do it but just DON'T cause their scared or don't have the know how so I'm there to assist.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes oh man you're awesome lol I admit that I have things to be done but ya know me with some struggles but sometimes I wish I had someone around me here to actually help me get motivated and just support / guide me. A kick up the butt so to speak.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 I can SURE do that, I love giving people the push they need sometimes the ones I give it to don't want me to cause they KNOW I'm right.
• St. George, Bermuda
For me actions Speak louder them words. For me I have a Phrase if your actions do not line up with your words then shut up It is pointless too talk about things if you are not gonna put any actions behind it for me I Let my Life Speak for me.I say do not talk about it but just be about it Like the Nike Commercial Says Just Do it.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@WritesFromTheHeart71 that's the way I am I can't hang when someone is all talk & no action behind it.
@HazySue (22571)
I get very annoyed when people do not keep their word. If you say you are going to do it if you are not going to.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@HazySue I've gotten where I just say what's on my mind & if you don't want to listen then don't bother asking me how to change anything.
@sw8sincere (5024)
it's always good to start doing the things you really know you can do than to start doing the talk and do nothing about it as a result.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sw8sincere you are SO right I try to explain to him that VERY same thing & he tries to argue the fact with excuse's OOH