I LoSt iT

@rakski (16295)
Hello everyone. For the past days I am actually having a hard time reading and typing especially using phones. I lost my reading glasses. Yep. I used to hate it and I am in denial of using it but have come at peace with it. I accepted the fact that my eyes need the help from the glasses but only for reading. I used to have two pairs of it but the other one broke so I throw it already. Now the other one I cannot find. And I am trusting auto correct of iPhone to work this out. So forgive me for some typo errors in some comments. Do you use eye glasses/ reading glasses?
@mlgen1037 (29643)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Rakski. I havent used eyeglasses or reading glasses.
@rakski (16295)
Good for you @mlgen1037
@mlgen1037 (29643)
• Manila, Philippines
@rakski Thank you, Rakski.
Hope you will be able to find them.
@rakski (16295)
Yes I am hoping to find them soon. Thank you
@JustBhem (37417)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, I do. And did you found your glasses then?
@rakski (16295)
I did not found it yet Bhem. I might have to go out tomorrow and buy
@JustBhem (37417)
• Davao, Philippines
@rakski Oh, too bad you needed to buy.
@rakski (16295)
@JustBhem yeah, it hinders me to read too much on my phone.
@ridingbet (53159)
i have a new one because the temple of my 2-year old eyeglasses was detached from the frame. i also lost the eyeglasses before the damaged one. now, i have to bring along the case of my new glasses when i leave home
@rakski (16295)
I actually bring it along with me but it has been a few days now that it is missing
@ridingbet (53159)
@rakski so, if you cannot find it anymore, will you visit your optometrist and have another pair of specs?
@rakski (16295)
@ridingbet I think so. This afternoon, I tried the readiy to wear reading glasses you can buy in optical shops. There is no available for my grade. I just tried 2 grades higher than mine but also trying the shape of the frame which looks like a half circle, lo and behold, it gave me a much better eyesight. So I might as well visit first the my ophtha or maybe the optometrist for a new lens grade
I too use glasses for reading. You better get a pair soon or do a thorough search.
@rakski (16295)
Yes I am thinking of that and since I cannot go out yet to buy I have to so some thorough searching later
@rakski I can see that you have yet to do it looking at the typos in your post
@rakski (16295)
@allknowing dang you are right. I still cannot find it. I might have to go buy one tonorrow
@rakski I hope you find them soon. Yes, I have two pairs of glasses. One for seeing far and one for reading and a pair of contact lenses.
@rakski (16295)
I havent find them. I will buy tomorrow a new pair. It is getting harder to read and type
@rakski Good idea then to get glasses so you can read and type.
@rakski (16295)
@Hannihar yes I will. I am actually preparing now. Probably in 30 minutes we will be off
@sunrisefan (17927)
Why don't you buy the glasses that hangs around the neck? I just forgot the name of that type of glasses but I'm sure you can find one in the optical clinic/shop. It has a magnet eitheir in-between the two glass frames or at the back of the neck area.
@sunrisefan (17927)
Now I remember - they are called magnetic clic glasses :)
@rakski (16295)
@sunrisefan okay. I will try to look for that. I will be heading out later to do errands. Thank you
@sunrisefan (17927)
@rakski You're welcome, Ms. Rach :)
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
I haven't use any glasses till date. Hope that you will find the glass. Use the glass and it will less the strain of your eye.
@rakski (16295)
Good for you! Yes I know I am straininng my eyes now when reading. I hope to find them soon
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@rakski Good luck rakski
@rakski (16295)
@shshiju thank you
@Icydoll (20000)
Yeah in my childhood I have eye glasses..
@rakski (16295)
And do you still use eyeglasses now?
@Icydoll (20000)
@rakski no my dear friend..
@rakski (16295)
@Icydoll oh that is great to hear
I use reading glasses and, above all, glasses to watch TV. I have broken a couple of pairs by falling asleep with the glasses on. Now I buy sturdy frames.
@rakski (16295)
Oh yes, I knoe that now too as I experience them to broke easuly when you buy a fancy and sleek frame. Good thing you dis not hurt yourself from the glasses
@rakski The glasses were not broken. But the frame got distorted.
@rakski (16295)
@marguicha oh my. Good thing the lena was not broken.
@epiffanie (10466)
I have been wearing glasses for 36 years.. I misplace them often so I always have 3 pairs every time I need new ones.. I hope you have found yours by now..
@rakski (16295)
I look everywhere today where I have seen it last but nope its not there. I should buy 2 more pairs. I usually keep 2 only. Now I think i have to make it 3
@epiffanie (10466)
@rakski yes.. having three pairs is good idea..
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I do wear glasses and have for a long time. Didn't need them when I was young but do now. I can't do anything up close without them.
@rakski (16295)
Same here. But mine is for reading only.
@rakski I'm old so had cataracts removed this past summer and now all I need are readers, and I need them while I am painting too.
I hope you find them. Yes, I have a pair of reading glasses, though I don't use them as much as my regular bifocals and computer glasses.
@rakski (16295)
Oh okay. What do you use when you are reading and writing?
@rakski When I do a lot of reading, I have reading glasses. When I'm writing, I'm on the computer, so I have computer glasses. Those are the ones I wear 90% of the time, because I'm on the computer more than I'm doing anything else.
@aureliah (16195)
Its alright and I hope that you get your reading glasses soon. I have reading glasses but I rarely use them
@rakski (16295)
I actually just use them when reading on my phone for mylot
@aureliah (16195)
@Peach10 (1838)
I did before but now I can read without it
@rakski (16295)
that is good to hear. What did you do?
@Hate2Iron (7858)
I have glasses for distance, but I seldom use them. I guess I like things with fuzzy edges lol!
@rakski (16295)
AHaha
How long before you get a new pair? I am in need of them as well. The funny thing is I tend to wear them even when walking away from the computer. I often laugh but i truly think i have just fallen in love with wearing them. I am getting another pair in a few weeks. I am going to pick out a nice lavender frame. I can't believe I love these glasses.
@rakski (16295)
I might buy tomorrow and ues I like lavender frams too. the last that broke has a purple frame. If the lens is available in the shop, I can get in in a few hours
I can't read without mine and I have several cheap pairs ariound the house, even in my car.
@rakski (16295)
Oh yes, that one is pairly chrap but nice. Tje other one just broke. I might have to buy a new one tom
There was a point before I got glasses that I couldn't read anything unless it was on the phone or computer where I could resize the text to something bigger. Otherwise it was just a blurry smudge.
@rakski (16295)
aw. I am not in that point but I already adjusted my font size in my phone because of the loss.
I once use glasses when it was required but my eyes grow tired of it.
@rakski (16295)
That is good if you dont need them anymore