The Perks of Being Retired

After a whirlwind of activity over the weekend and yesterday it was so nice being able to sleep in this morning. Gone are the days when I have to set the alarm and worry about being tired and going to work. I woke up this morning to the phone ringing and it was my friend so I was able to enjoy my conversation in bed. Something I almost never do. In fact, she was quite surprised that I wasn't up, showered, dressed and having my coffee. After my lazy morning I did manage to get up, showered and dressed and of course two cups of coffee pretty much one right after the other. My daughter is working today so it's quiet. The sun is shining and I can see my neighbor working on his patio. It's a beautiful day but I have no ambition to be outside doing anything. I have declared today "lazy bones day". How about you? are you busy today?
We were outside most of the day yesterday. Today I had to clean the laundry room, tomorrow there is the furnace inspection. I have also started to mow the lawn, only half garden, the grass is so high and I am tired now.
Seems that the grass grew so fast just recently. We had ours mowed last week and it was quite high
After all that you should be tired.
@Marilynda1225 Yes it grows very quickly, especially after a rain.
I have plenty of lazy bones days. I love not having to schedule anything I want to do, I simply do whatever whenever the mood strikes me.
That's the best way to enjoy life
Sounds nice. It's hard doing anything if you're not in the mood.
I agree with you @Marilynda1225
I am as busy as you are today.
I am semi retired, and I have the option to spend the night with my client, and have the whole day to myself. I enjoy being lazy bones.
Lazy bones unite!!!!
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, there are a lot of people feeling the same way. lol
I got up and went to work. It would be nice to be able to retire.
It's nice being retired but some days I miss working and being out of the house.
@Marilynda1225 Yes I can understand that.
@Freelanzer (8911)
I will be busy later on but I hear you it is nice not to be tied to an alarm clock
When I worked the alarm clock was the enemy
I slept in until just after 8am, which is a very rare thing for me to do. My husband had his meet and greet doctor's appointment this morning, and since I've seen that doctor in the past, I volunteered to go along with him since he wasn't familiar with how to get there. Then we had lunch together and we each went into work. But.........to be honest.........your day sounds even better then mine!!!
One day you'll enjoy the benefits of being retired. However, enjoy being young!!!
@august18 (2892)
• Tunisia
i'm busy everyday.
It's good being busy
I've been busy in the garden, but find that I haven't got the stamina I used to have. I used to spend all day gardening, now 2/3 hours at a time is enough. I'll get it done though.
I don't have the stamina I used to either. I miss the days when I could do lots of things and still have energy
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It depends on the day for me. Some days are busy. Other days, not as much.
That sounds pretty normal
No matter how ill that I am.Always busy.Not going to stop till I drop.lol
You have a long way to go Fredo
Yes, I was kind of busy today..I woke up at son's and had to get packed up to come back down here. I had to get gas..and he put oil in the car..then I had my apartment shop to finish writing up which took most of the afternoon. I also hadn't done much online work while I was gone so I had to get caught up.
Even though I am retired, I am busy every day. Still set an alarm too. I have been retired for 6 years, but it has not felt like retirement yet.
@Courage7 (5847)
I am so glad to know you have this luxury dear friend. Happy lazy days to you. I am retreated into somewhere I can be myself.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Did dishes, laundry and some other stuff. Nothing too busy
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I love that....'lady bones day' I often have them ...lol...