A walk in the park

Photo is mine
Eugene, Oregon
There are a number of parks here in our fair city, but in springtime, none can compare with Hendricks Park on a hill overlooking the city. It has a native plant garden, but the big attraction is the blooming flowers: rhododendrons (mostly), dogwood, bleeding heart and many I can't name. On Sunday the place was a bit crowded, but we went early. The Friends of Hendricks Park group was helping with parking and it was a beautiful sunny day. Are there many parks where you live? I took a lot of photos and above is one of my favorites
Now that's a pretty spectacular flowerful path! There are lots of parks around L.A. and in the Valley . . . but out here many are keeping up a drought tolerant landscape. When flowers bloom in our botanical gardens, it's really pretty but eventually they get fried in the super heat.
• Eugene, Oregon
Oh yes, I recall the heat there. We will get plenty of it in July and August, I'm sure.
• Laguna Woods, California
@much2say - We live in Orange County and I told James the same thing. We have nice gardens, but not as lush as the one in his photo.
@DeborahDiane I miss the colors we used to have in the gardens/parks many years ago when we used to have tons more rain. We might still catch a moment of California "lush" early on, but not for long. Are gardens more drought tolerant like us out in the OC these days?
@DeborahDiane (20155)
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic - Oh my gosh that is a beautiful park! How wonderful that you and Anne can stroll there!! We have parks in our area, of course, but few are as landscaped as much as the one in your photo!
• Eugene, Oregon
It really is a beautiful place.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic - It looks like a lovely, peaceful place to walk. By the way, you may want to check out my new post about the book which our former member, Elizabeth Wallace, just posted. She wanted me to tell everyone about it!
• Eugene, Oregon
@DeborahDiane Oh great! I will do that. She is well, I hope.
@august18 (1644)
• Tunisia
There are at least more than five parks where I live, but I rarely go there as they can be very crowded.
• Eugene, Oregon
That is too bad. They must be pretty nice to attract so many people.
@august18 (1644)
• Tunisia
@JamesHxstatic Yes, they are.
That looks like a beautiful place, one that I would enjoy visiting.
• Eugene, Oregon
I am sure you would like it.
Beautiful park , gorgeous flowers. I have visited parks near the city - none in the country where I now reside.
• Eugene, Oregon
The country has its own park-like charms too.
That does look like a lovely trail.
• Eugene, Oregon
It really is John.
not that nice.
I envy you. We have a park that I visited a couple of years ago but from your description ours is nothing compared to yours.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, I know we are lucky here.
@JamesHxstatic Everything that I have seen in the US when I visited there is well planned.
• Eugene, Oregon
@allknowing I wonder about that sometimes.
That looks like a gorgeous place for a walk. So pretty
• Eugene, Oregon
It really is @Marilynda, and it is at its peak in May.
@JamesHxstatic We have some nice parks here but nothing that has blooming flowers like that
• Eugene, Oregon
@Marilynda1225 They won't last too long unfortunately.
@PatZAnthony (12371)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It does seem that Oregon is a lovely place to live. We have sufficient parks here, now just need the time to go and enjoy!
• Eugene, Oregon
Time is always a problem. We have to make recreation a priority.
@PatZAnthony (12371)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@JamesHxstatic Yes we do!
Oooooo! I love it! Our town has some beautiful and quaint New England parks, one in the woods behind our backyard.
• Eugene, Oregon
How nice to have it so close!
@JamesHxstatic It is great, but I avoid it due to spiders and snakes this time of year.
@RubyHawk (21899)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We have several parks in our area. We have a favorite near our apartment. I enjoy all parks but the one near us is a wonderful place to walk up and down hills. My favorite kind of walking. Yours is beautiful.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you, this one is rather hilly as well.
@RubyHawk (21899)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@JamesHxstatic Up and down hills is a good work out.
Every village here has its little park, the biggest city near us is Lugano and it has two wonderful parks. They are full of azaleas in bloom right now.
• Eugene, Oregon
Those are beautiful flowers as well.
@JamesHxstatic I love gardenias and azaleas.
@db20747 (6565)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
That's a real picture!!! U just took a beautiful picture!!! Simply gorgeous!!!! Im taking pictures too!!!! And having fun with my camera!!!
• Eugene, Oregon
Photography is a lot of fun.
Wow that is so beautiful... yes, but I was not able to come often. They are a bit far, and those with beautiful garden have entrance fee... a cheaper one, but I rather stay at home.
• Eugene, Oregon
This is a lovely public park maintained by city government and volunteers. We are fortunate to have it.
@suni51 (2571)
I have a park in front of my house in India and I have a great park in front and in the back of my house in Sydney and luckily for me all the parks are maintained properly. Incidentally when in India I go to a different park every morning about 10 km from my house for jogging, running and especially for joining the yoga activities for years without fail.
• Eugene, Oregon
That sounds wonderful. I like yoga a lot and want to get into another class.
@caopaopao (5769)
Wow, so beautiful flowers. I like them very much. There are several parks near my home. There are also many plants in the nearest park. Many people go there to exercise. But there are many green plants and few flowers there.
• Eugene, Oregon
As long as there are plants of some kind, it helps calm the mind.
@maximax8 (27410)
That is a lovely photo with all those flowers. I have a park which I love to visit. It is one in my local town which has a presenters garden with a tropical look to it. There is an ornamental garden with pretty plants and rocks. There is a grand looking fountain and a war memorial. The park goes up a hill which is steep further on. I like to see the trees with golden leaves in the autumn. In summer that park puts up special events for all the family. Spring is stunning with all the yellow flowers which brighten my day.
• Eugene, Oregon
Well cared-for parks are an oasis of peace for us all.
That park in your area really does put on a lovely show!!! We do have a lot of parks here too.
• Eugene, Oregon
That is a good thing. We are lucky to have so many.
@Icydoll (13153)
Wow very beautiful park...we have few parks in the place I live
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you, Parks are important for communities.