Every night my cat comes downstairs to tell me it's bedtime

Josie, at bedtime
@jerzgirl (8058)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
My cat has a routine. I'm more of a night-owl than she is. She mostly stays in my room during the day except to eat and potty, but starting at between 9 and 930, she comes down, checks her food dish and then signals to me with little mewps that she's ready for me to go upstairs. Sometimes, I do, and she races up the stairs ahead of me and jumps first on the dresser and then on my bed to wait for me - unless I go into the bathroom. Then she comes back out and talks to me the whole time I'm there. When she knows I'm leaving, she runs back into the bedroom and assumes her waiting position. If I go to bed, I am then covered in fur from her rubbing up and down my arm and torso while she gets pets and scritching from head to tail while she mews and purrs during each pass. But, if I fool her and go back downstairs, she stares at me. Within five minutes the original scenario plays itself out again. She lays on me, trying to give me hints. She tries to make me jealous by asking Deb if she can lay on her. Then she comes back to me again. If I'm really late, she gives up and goes to bed. When I finally go, I am greeted just slightly less enthusiastically than I would have been, but still with purrs and mews. I have to admit, I love this little girl. My Josie!
Your cat is beautiful, she reminds me of little lady. It's just amazing how they let you know what it is they want. We call ours Me Cat. You can sure love them.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Thanks. She's unique.
@Starmaiden (7776)
She is a beautiful kitty. My kitty does almost the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a cat that stares at them. That can be intimidating at times.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I think she stares trying to figure out if I'm coming back or if she'll have to come get me again. I feel bad, but I'm just not always ready for bed.
@jerzgirl My cat wakes me up in the morning. I'll open my eyes and She'll jump on me or play with my hands to get me to pet her, but then I'll roll over and go back to sleep. She sighs then waits for the next time I open my eyes. She'll stare at me until I do.
You got a good companion, my friend. I also have mine. He is a quite clingy kitten.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I think I am very lucky to have her.
@jerzgirl I think she is also lucky for having you.
Scar doesn't do it so much in warmer weather, but when it is cooler he'll jump on the stereo next to the computer and start 'suggesting' that it is time to go lay down right meow!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
When Josie gets cold, she comes up and nudges the blanket up with her nose or pulls it up with her foot, so I lift up and she scoots under and stretches out next to me.
That is absolutely adorable.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
She's quite the thinker. You can see her calculating something she doesn't yet understand. She understands different phrases as well.
that is cute! she sure seems to love you too!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I think so. If I go away for several days. she comes running when I get home.
@jerzgirl aw cute!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
@Courtlynn She definitely is!
@nanette64 (18208)
• Fairfield, Texas
Ya gotta love it @jerzgirl . Josie sounds like a couple of mine.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I do. Tonight she stayed downstairs with me in my lap, but beat me to my room.
@nanette64 (18208)
• Fairfield, Texas
@jerzgirl LOL, crazy Josie
@Deepizzaguy (15935)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Cats are very clever animals as well as a best friend next to a dog.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
My daughter has a dog. They get along, but they're about the same age, so they annoy one another. Our other cat loves the dog and gives him headbutts. We're waiting for the day she snuggles with him. She's 10 now and the dog is 2.
@Deepizzaguy (15935)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@betlynfrnds (1706)
What an adorable little girl. Your Josie is absolutely precious. I love routines like that. My brood of kitties and I have a similar routine. I would have it no other way. Thank you for making me smile with your heartwarming post.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Thank you for reading and responding. I'm glad you liked it.
Josie is the boss in your household!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
She tries to be. She's two but bullies the 10 year old cat who was already here. I'm working to get her to stop. I know she wants to play, but she can't be making Tiki feel terrorized.
Your cat has trained you well!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
She thinks she does, but not really. I'm stubborn.
@franxav (5939)
It is a healthy habit for us all to go to bed in right time. Isn't it?
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
That's what Benjamin Franklin used to say. I haven't always been obedient.