This afternoon I will attend to the parents' meeting

parents' meeting
Guangzhou, China
OK, this afternoon I need to attend to the parents' meeting. Last night my husband said that he hardly had a chance to attend to it. I said if one day the teacher asked you to have a speech in the class to share your experience, then I will be happy to let you go Who attend to the parents' meeting in your family?
@Jessabuma (13317)
• Baguio, Philippines
My parents hehehe!!!! Good luck to you..
I am lucky as the teachers are nice.
@Jessabuma (13317)
• Baguio, Philippines
@youless is it PTA meeting?
@Jessabuma It is a meeting between parents and teachers. The teachers will report the school and students situation in the class.
@arunima25 (694)
• Bangalore, India
It's me, me and only me. My husband wants to attend but on most of the PTMs he is out of country on business trips. The last PTM that he attended for my elder daughter was 3-4 years back. Now my daughter is in high school, so he has promised to keep himself free on the day. Hopefully, he is able to keep his promise.
Will you go together? Now I realize the difference. Here only one parent is supposed to attend to it. Perhaps the room can't big enough for so many parents and this is why one will attend to it only. In fact it is better both of parents will go there together as they have the same rights to know the situation.
• Bangalore, India
@youless Here both the parents are invited. It is mandatory for at least one of them to make it.
@id_peace (4559)
I attend my nieces and nephew meet the parents cos their parents are busy. I looked and stared at the teachers. When I sense that they are not going to answer my question or are vague, I will press on with one more question. So whenever there is a need for parents attendance for some reasons and that they don’t want to inform their parents, I will be there.
It is still surprising. As I still think it is better for mom or dad to attend to the parents' meeting.
@sprite1950 (11399)
• Corsham, England
I look after my granddaughter on my own so I have to attend the meetings. I don't mind as I like to know how she is getting on.
You really help a lot
@sprite1950 (11399)
• Corsham, England
@youless I think her education is important
@Sreekala (22067)
I am the one mostly. Sigh... since my hubby changed his job he can't attend. Earlier both us attended together.
Here it seems we only allow one parent to attend to it. Namely it is either dad or mom.
@Sreekala (22067)
@youless Oh is that so? Here both parents are welcome.
@Icydoll (13160)
Hope all goes well at the meeting my dear friend.. My mom only attends the parents meeting..my dad never hehe
I think perhaps mom tends to have more attention for children and this is why they want to go to the parents' meeting.
Well i am not married as yet and after that, we both will go LOL, take care
That's good that in your country both parents can attend to it together. Here only one parent will be allowed.
Hope all goes well at the meeting and, my mom always did.
It went well. The teachers are very nice.
@rakski (8644)
Me. Me. Me. Me alone. Lol
I understand usually moms will attend to it.