What is the best time to live alone?

Nairobi, Kenya
I think framing the question the right way will make the title too long. What I'm asking is what is the best age to move out of your parents house and live alone? I recently tried to mention this to my parents but my father kept saying that it is our cultural rule that a daughter will only move out of her parents house when she gets married. I am not that into cultural rules but I respect them. All I wanted was to live alone even if it is just for a short time. I just wanted to challenge myself and try to depend on my own fully.
Not quite sure what you mean by 'too long'...you can use 200 characters (including spaces) in a discussion title. I think most 'kids' can't wait to turn 18 so they can move out...but some prefer to stay home instead of going out into the big ol' world on their own.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I'm almost 23 and also a firstborn. I felt I should start getting used to the idea of paying my own rent.
@mildredtabitha I don't think it makes much sense to ask such a question on an international site. The idea to stay at home until you get married is strange for Europeans and North Americans. In your country and maybe in other African and Asian countries, too, it's not strange. So members from these parts of the world may be able to give you pieces of advice. I left home when I began to study at a university in a different town.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@MALUSE I totally understand that. I personally don't like the idea of staying home until marriage. I'm open to reading everyone's opinion. I will find a way to convince my parents to see it in a different way. It is nice to know the time you moved out and the reason
@mlgen1037 (25259)
• Manila, Philippines
For me, at least after college. Maybe 21 like that.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Great! I also think that is okay.
@mlgen1037 (25259)
• Manila, Philippines
@mildredtabitha Yes. Thank you, Mildred.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@mlgen1037 Welcome Louise
@caopaopao (7383)
I think everyone's situation is different. In China, some children are basically not living at home after they go to college. Most people leave their parents to live alone after marriage. But there are also many people who live with their parents all the time.Even after marriage.
• Nairobi, Kenya
That happens in my country too. But there are also cases where some move out or just stay not because they want to but because of circumstances or bigger reasons
@caopaopao (7383)
@mildredtabitha Thanks for sharing.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@caopaopao okay.. welcome
@Jessabuma (21054)
• Baguio, Philippines
When you have a stable job and when you can .
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks for your opinion. I also feel having a stable job and being ready to the idea of out is a good way to start
@Jessabuma (21054)
• Baguio, Philippines
@mildredtabitha yes that's right
All the time!
• Nairobi, Kenya
Hehehe okay
I think you are matured enough and sure you can do that now, Its perfect for you
• Nairobi, Kenya
Great! That is what I really want to do and I hope it happens. Thanks for the encouragement