How Did You Find myLot?

https://pixabay.com/en/questions-demand-doubts-psychology-1922476/
@HazySue (19911)
As I read comments and posts this morning a question started floating through my mind. How did the people writing on myLot find this site and why did they choose to write here? There are so many sites out there that it makes me wonder what it is about this particular site that made you decide to first write here and then to stay here. We all know how quickly sites come and go online. I am pretty sure most of us here have been involved with a site or two that has left us hanging without the money they promised. I now I have. I found out about myLot when I was writing on Bubblews, yes they left me while owing me a bit of money. One of the people writing there mentioned myLot along with a few other sites that she was considering trying. I decided to take a look at the site and read some of the posts and comments. I joined because I found the people here friendly and supportive. The money didn't enter into it. After I buzzed around the site for a month or so I decided that this was the site for me. I was right. I have loved it ever since I wrote that first post. It set me to wondering just how did everyone else find this site and how did they decide to join it.
When Bubblews closed, my sister recommended Mylot.
@HazySue (19911)
I am glad you moved to myLot. It sounds as though many of us used to be on Bubblews.
Your sister most be a very intelligent woman.
I was also on Bubblews and many of my friends there suggested coming here. I'm so happy I did
@rakski (8393)
Same here. I was in bubblews and I heard from some about this, goofke it and join
@HazySue (19911)
@Marilynda1225 So far it looks like most of us heard about it from a friend.
@rakski I just came across mylot on the search engine on yahoo by complete chance.
I was also in Bubblews. A friend who was also a member of myLot since a long time suggested me to move to this site.
@HazySue (19911)
are you as glad you came here as I am?
@HazySue Absolutely, this is a wonderful site, a lot more friendly than Bubblews.
@HazySue (19911)
@LadyDuck that is so true.
@Dena91 (4176)
I came here when Bubblews went away. @just4Him told me about this sight and I came and checked it out. I enjoy this sight better.
@HazySue (19911)
Bubblews people must have joined in swarms. It is a great site.
@Dena91 I think it's a much better site than Bubblews was.
@HazySue Yes, they have.
An online friend who I met on Triond suggested Bubblews to me, and then she suggested myLot. We have communicated for many years now.
@HazySue (19911)
I never tried Triond. It's nice to have online friends.
Same as you. I was part of Bubblews, and many of my friends there, also wrote here and mentioned it, so I came over, looked, liked, and conquered.
@HazySue (19911)
I am so glad that you and many others here made the switch instead of not writing on any site.
@HazySue Me too.
I was on a site called Persona Paper that was going down and people there suggested myLot.
@HazySue (19911)
I wrote a couple of post for persona paper but knew it was on it's way down.
@Daelii (4759)
I did a few articles there but just couldn't get into it. Seemed like people wrote whatever to make a response without actually reading anything!
@Mavic123456 (9541)
• Thailand
this is a fun site actually, i was gone for years maybe two years, but then when I return my money was still there, and was able to redeem after a few days, as my money is already close to redemption. just interact that's the key.
@HazySue (19911)
It is the key to myLot. I have found it fun and entertaining here.
• Thailand
@HazySue yes true and so many helpful guys.
I was on bubblews, and my friend @tammys85 that i met there mentioned mylot to me. Though it took me 1.5 years to actually write here once i made my account.
@HazySue (19911)
How come? Once I joined I jumped in with both .feet
@HazySue just signed up and never came back on. Didn't think it was worth the time or effort after bubblews went down, although I didn't get screwed money wise by them like others did.
@Daelii (4759)
@acrogodess mentioned it. I really loved the meeting people from all around the world that bubblews provided. Its great to learn new things and just have some time to think about new things. :)
@HazySue (19911)
I love meeting all the people on both sites. After Bubblew3s closed it was wonderful to be here.
@Daelii (4759)
@HazySue I love it here! I stopped going to bubbles when they switched to the 50$ min. Just so much of the crap about them not paying and I got very busy doing the physical work of a full house remodel / move!
I was actually way before Bubblews. An officemate referred it to me. It was a really enjoyable site. But when it announced that it won't be a paying writing site anymore but instead just like a social media, I discovered Bubblews. When I suspected that Bubblews will be closing soon and somebody from a former member here said that myLot is again a paying writing site, I came back here. I know the former member will be coming back also, so I also referred others here.
@HazySue (19911)
I thin many of us suspected that Bubblews was on it's way out. I am glad that so many of us landed here on myLot.
@dodo19 (31933)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I found mylot before Bubblews. I can't remember how I found this place. I think I just did a search and found it. It's just been too long.
@HazySue (19911)
It feels like home to me. I liked what I saw here and decided to stay.
I saw it many years ago on a site called Annika's and decided to check it out.
@HazySue (19911)
Is Annika a writing site? Are you still there?
@HazySue No, it is a list of survey companies, writing sites etc..I don't go there too often as there are better sites. Most of the stuff she has are low earners.
@HazySue (19911)
@snowy22315 Ohhh...
Same here. From bubblews to myLot. It was an easy start as I already knew many members who had also come over. A striking difference is the way myLot is run. If there is a question, admin answers it. Yet, the management doesn't use the site for self-expression and image cultivation. No Arvind here who clearly suffered from the Messiah complex. Do you remember his posts to his 'disciples'? The wisdoms and witticisms he used to pour over us to enlighten us?
@HazySue (19911)
I agree, myLot is run so differently than many of the other sites I have been on. I do remember Arvind, who could forget him. I ran across him on another small site, I can't remember the name.
@HazySue I thought he was somewhere in the Caribbean lying in a hammock all day long and enjoying life with the money he stole from us.
@HazySue (19911)
@MALUSE He could be. We will never know.
• Cuddalore, India
From word of mouth by a cousin.
@HazySue (19911)
That's great. Does your cousin write here?
• Cuddalore, India
@HazySue Not nowadays.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I found it on this work-at-home forum for moms (even though I'm not a mom)....wayyyyy back in 2006. (I just have a new account here now.) Which makes me look like a newbie, when really I'm an oldie.
@HazySue (19911)
How come you didn't continue with your old account?
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@HazySue I closed my old account when (almost) everyone left - you know, when myLot stopped paying for a while. I just followed the crowd like a total traitor and then for some reason I got paranoid and closed my entire account instead of just leaving it. I don't know why I do half the things I do - I'm sure I had some "solid" reason at the time.....who knows what that was all about....
@lovebuglena (5476)
• Staten Island, New York
I think I heard about this site in the HubPages forums, which I am a member of. I earn on HubPages as well. One reason I joined was for the earning opportunity.
@HazySue (19911)
I also write on HubPages. I also saw it mentioned on their forums. I have been with them for 9 years now writing under a different name.
• Staten Island, New York
@HazySue How many hubs do you have there?
@arunima25 (617)
• Bangalore, India
I came to know of it from one of forum discussions on other site. I joined it as the reviews and feedback were promising. I was happy to know that it is there for more than a decade and members are happy about it Now I am enjoying it here and so I have decided to stay here!!
@HazySue (19911)
People here seem to welcome you with open arms. It is a happy secure place to be.
• Bangalore, India
@HazySue I agree! Finding it a friendly place1
@Spontaneo (1107)
Good question... I cannot remember...
@HazySue (19911)
How long have you been here.
@Spontaneo (1107)
@HazySue 7 monthes...
@HazySue Hi Suan. I was looking for a way to make money and a friend told me about My Lot.
@HazySue (19911)
I have found that you can make some money here, you won't get rich but you get so much more.
@HazySue To me every little bit helps me financially.