RANT: "What are you F**K**G doing?"

I was having a free lesson online to a student and the mother informed me that her son cannot able to focus during the class. She requested to stop the class last night. I had done the protocol that she can have another lesson with her son next time. All of a sudden an admin from the headquarter sent a foul statement: "What are you f**k**g doing?" By the way, the admin can send messages through the chatbox instantly. I must admit that I felt so violated and disrespected. I wanted to let it go and forget this concern. But then, I cannot get over and reported to the customer service today. "If you are in my position, would you let it go?" "What will you do if you are in such situation?" Image Credit: clker.com
@silvermist (20114)
You did right in reporting to the customer service.
I agree, my friend. It is really not acceptable. He needs to be polite towards people.
@silvermist (20114)
@Shavkat Hope he learned his lesson and would not repeat such behavior.
@silvermist I agree. It would be a big lesson for him. He was really apologetic up to this date.
No, I would have not let it go, rude people must always be reported.
I agree. I was totally in a mode of going burst out at that time. Today, I had received the resolution and the person involved is in a coaching session and the company apologized.
@Shavkat I am glad that the company well received your reporting and they apologized.
@LadyDuck I was also surprised a while back, a colleague of him have a class with me. She apologized on behalf of him.
@Icydoll (26131)
That's very bad..it's disrespectful too..you should not let it go my dear friend...rude people should be reported
I did report him today. It was really shocking for this admin to disrespect me. I was so in rage but tried to conceal my feelings about it. That's what makes me a professional despite such situation.
@ridingbet (60765)
bad...baD...bad. that person should be put on firing squad for saying a bad word. keep the comment kabsat. that could be your proof of the foul-mouth person.
It was really a bad situation for him. I had a lot of snapshots. He can never deny it.
@ridingbet (60765)
@Shavkat yes and report him to HR. even though you are not near this person, it is already taped or printed in the chatbox about his rudeness so good luck to him if he cannot answer the questions of the admin.
@ridingbet They took one of my class this evening. One of his colleagues talked to me about this concern. They were apologizing and this person was having a coaching session.
@aureliah (19442)
• Kenya
Is that even a language for professionals?
Exactly. This is the worst statement that I have heard from an admin. Not too professional.
@aureliah (19442)
• Kenya
@Shavkat He should change his career to something else.
@aureliah That's what I also thought about it. He should find a new career.
I would talk to someone who could help me. That was awful.
It was indeed a bad encounter. I had formally reported him and did an apology for the unacceptable behavior.
@Shavkat Good for you. The person needs to know they can't get away talking to people like that.
@popciclecold I agree. I had kept the proof for future reference. It was a big lesson for him.
@Shiva49 (14269)
Some go overboard. It may be their nature but it is certainly not on as it is plain offensive. Good that you did not let this go as acceptable - siva
I do think that there is some difference in culture or work practices in company's country. But then, the company is catering virtual teachers across the border. Thus, the admin or staff should learn how to deal with the cultural differences. Taking note the word professionalism.
@Shiva49 (14269)
@Shavkat I have always adjusted to the culture of the host country and am sensitive to their feelings. One can convey the same message in different ways - siva
@Shiva49 I hope people should consider this. It is quite difficult to grasp the basic protocol.
Did the student and mother also hear the exchange? That would be bad. It was a shame admin was unprofessional. I would have talked to your superior in that situation.
Unfortunately, the mother and child had seen the admin's message. I was really shocked when he had sent this kind of statement. The lucky moment, they didn't understand the English language much. However, what if they translated this into their own language. It will be ashamed of the admin staff.
@Shavkat They should be ashamed of the admin staff for what they saw, even if they didn't understand it. Some things are understood, even without a translation.
@just4him You definitely said it right on this concern. I felt bad that mother and child were able to witness the bad act of this admin staff.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
I will surely do the same way as yours... This is disrespectful. I will not tolerate this kind of person.
Indeed, my friend. It is my first time to deal with such situation. The company needs to take some actions about his behavior.
@Jessabuma (33167)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Shavkat yes that's right my friend
• Pamplona, Spain
jThat is indeed a bad way for them to act. They should not be writing or saying those kind of things at all regardless of what happens. If her son has attention problems its up to her to try and remedy the situation not you.
That's really insane for the admin staff to do. It is not acceptable in any way. Thus, I gave him a big lesson.
@kepweng (19191)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
im SCARED in bad mouth
Why do you feel afraid of such act, my friend? Any reasons?
@porwest (8480)
I'd have a response. But then, I have no filter. lol
I know what you mean. I had a couple of ill words after having the encounter offline. This admin staff needs a big lesson and reported him. I had to keep the snapshots. I can use it against them in the future.
@YrNemo (14768)
I hope they will explain to you why that person sent you that rude message. They also should apologize to you.
I had received an apology letter from the company a day ago. One of his colleagues arranged a 25 minutes video call. He cannot face me and asked somebody to apologize for him. Coward! The reason why he did is due to frustrations and being pressured. What a lame alibi, right?
That is not just rude it is disrespectful and you did the right thing.
Last night, the company's admin contacted me and this asked somebody to apologize. This time, I called their attention. The good thing that I had secured some snapshots of it.
@JESSY3236 (7572)
I wouldn't have let it go either. That wasn't professional.
I agree. It was really my first time to be disrespected virtually. Last night, the company arranged an open confrontation online and this person feels ashamed of what he did. I do think he should.
@rakski (23511)
Report. Report. Report. I am pretty sure you have the proof. And I hope you don't stop until there will be action and sanctions given to that person.
I had secured a lot of snapshots. I received an apology letter from the company this afternoon. This person is having a coach session.
@sw8sincere (5204)
Yes this is very disrespectful. By the way, are you an online ESL teacher?
You are right, my friend. I am an online ESL teacher. In every angle, he did a wrong act. I think he is having a sanction now.
I would say none of your business, don't message me and, report him.
I agree. I asked him not to say this foul word. I personally think that he got the message and never replied. Thus, he was being reported and asked the company's customer service to give a sanction. It is not acceptable behavior for me.
@louievill (19985)
I won't let it pass without hitting back," respect begets respect "
I agree. This evening, I had a conversation with his colleague and asking for forgiveness.
@Aquitaine24 (1977)
• San Jose, California
An administrator needs to be setting an example.That was not a good example.