Purpose of your life

@arunima25 (9256)
Bangalore, India
Well, the purpose of life changes at different stages and ages. So what is the purpose of your life at present?
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
My purpose now is to live in simplicity. I am okay with that.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
Simplicity is so rewarding!!
@mlgen1037 (29623)
• Manila, Philippines
@arunima25 Thank you, Arunima. It is.
@1hopefulman (33610)
I don't remember my main purpose in life ever changing. I always wanted to do what would please God. Doing that makes me very happy.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
You are blessed one!!
@ridingbet (60676)
to share my knowledge, attitude, and skills to my students, and be a best mother to my only son.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
That's a great purpose!! Quite fulfilling
@ridingbet (60676)
@arunima25 and i am doing that now.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
@ridingbet Being an educator and mother myself, I can resonate with you
@sw8sincere (5203)
The purpose of my life now is to give love to those people around me no matter if they are cruel at me and to show kindness at all times because life is meant to be celebrated happily than sad and lonely.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
That's so nice and really tough to follow.
@hereandthere (33013)
how has yours changed?
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
It was getting good grades in High school and grabbing a good job in College. Now it is totally different
Since I'm retired, my purpose in life is to stay fit and healthy, enjoy living, spending more time with family and friends, and love every day as it comes.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
That's so good!! Living a fulfilling life!! Cherish it
@arunima25 I do! Thanks!
@dpk262006 (56551)
Yes, you are right that our priorities change in accordance with your age. As a student, some of us like to pursue higher studies and some of us aim for the job.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
Yes situations change and so does our perception with growing age and maturity.
@dpk262006 (56551)
@arunima25 Yes, I agree with you. With the passage of time we tend to change our course of action for future. While in school, I used to think that I should become an actor. As I grew up I thought I should become a lawyer and then it changed to Engineer but circumstances were such that I could become none.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
@dpk262006 SO you had a different destiny for you. I hope you are enjoying what you are doing now.
What's yours? Mine is to be the best I can be with the talents God gave me. I'm a writer and author, and I hope to be a best-selling one, one day, God willing.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
I wish you all the best!! Right now I am more focused on my children, bringing them up well and fulfilling my duties as a mother. There are some long term goals and plans too but children are the priority for the time. I think purpose change with changing priorities at different stages
@arunima25 Yes, they do. I'm an empty nester. My children are grown, and I live alone. Now, I have grandchildren who are also grown, and one has children, so begins the next generation. Since I don't have anything to focus my energy on anymore, I am focused on my writing.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
@just4him Making use of empty nest!! Stay engaged with your writing!!
I am retired and enjoying my life. We go swimming and go for two walks ever day. We are going to see lots of places and just have a good time.
@Shiva49 (14229)
I have heard from young the four stages of life: Brahmacharya (student), Grihastha (householder), Vanaprastha (retired) and Sannyasa (renunciate). I now live in the last two stages of life. I am retired and also into a life of detachment from worldly possessions. I am just there to be of help but want to be left alone otherwise - siva
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
There is so much of wisdom and guidance in our ancient scriptures. The sooner you realize, the more blissful you are!! I am enjoying my Grihastha. Thanks for sharing this beautiful message!!
@Shiva49 (14229)
@arunima25 Yes, we should enjoy each stage, be alive in the moment that is not repeated - siva
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
@Shiva49 yes, The power of Now is the mantra to live efficiently and in a fulfilling way
@dgobucks226 (14287)
To try hard to be a good person to others, show compassion, help them when called upon.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
That is a noble purpose.
@Paradon (2080)
• Pattaya, Thailand
For most of my life I have been dedicated to making at least one person a day that I do not know smile and be happy.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
So noble!! It is a worth purpose
@suni51 (2991)
I think I have achieved all what I wanted to but as they say one is never satisfied until they breath their last. So I consider myself a struggler and hopefully keep doing so as long as I can.
@arunima25 (9256)
• Bangalore, India
That's a good one to help you keep going with zeal in life!!