Went To Graceland

@porwest (4853)
Graceland turned out to be a really interesting visit. It was very interesting to see things essentially how they were as Elvis left it when he died in 1977. But also a bit sad. My wife and went ahead and decided to do the whole tour, which was the mansion as well as the planes. It cost $5 extra a piece. But it was worth it. When I get back from my trip I plan to expand a bit more on the experience and some of my thoughts on the subject of Elvis Presley specifically. After Graceland we spent some time just around the Memphis area. Right now we're back at the hotel just freshening up a bit before we head to Beale Street to check that out.
@mandala100 (43371)
@porwest I'm glad that you've been in the Graceland. I wish i could visit that place too my friend.
@porwest (4853)
It is definitely worthwhile. Was very interesting.
@mandala100 (43371)
@porwest That's great to hear my friend.
When I take Tony to Memphis I will do Beale st.Sun records and a few more places.
@porwest (4853)
Beale Street was neat, but different. We were going to eat at King's BBQ but they wanted a $10 cover even to come in and eat. I was like...ummm...no. We at at the Pig instead.
@porwest That is good to know because that is what Tony`s dream vacation is, the Memphis bbq restaurants, that is what he wants to do, travel to Memphis to try many bbq places, since they are supposed to be the best.
@porwest (4853)
@andriaperry That is what I have always heard too. From what we tried, they are onto something.
What planes? I would love to hear more.
@porwest (4853)
Elvis' private jets. The one in the picture was the bigger one. Lisa Marie. Pretty cool inside.
@porwest Amazing!
@porwest (4853)
Wish I was there! I'd love to see Graceland some day. Enjoy Beale Street!!!!
@porwest (4853)
We will. We're hoping to find a nice restaurant to have dinner at there. Hope you get here one day. It's worth a visit.
@porwest I would love to visit. I hope you find a great restaurant, too. I'm signing off. Time to finish getting ready to go out to dinner with friends. Enjoy your night!
How exciting to visit Graceland. I've always been a big fan of Elvis. Hopefully one day I'll get there
@porwest (4853)
It was really neat. I must say. It got me to thinking about some things as well, which I hope to expand upon a bit when I get back.
@porwest looking forward to hearing more about it
@porwest (4853)
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, I'll see what I can come up with.
@kepweng (14670)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
u must have LOTS of $$ cause u Always travelling
@porwest (4853)
I do well enough. But I wouldn't say "lots."
I'll look forward to your posts about Elvis. Some of these places can be quite depressing sometimes. The stars don't/didn't always have fantastic lives.
@porwest (4853)
No. That's the thing. I can't imagine the isolation.
Sounds like a good day. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
That sounds really neat. can't wait to hear more about it.
@FayeHazel (18007)
I would love to know your thoughts on Elvis. I agree, I think it would be cool, but at the same time, sad to see things mostly who Elvis left them
I haven't been to Graceland,,but when Potomac Mills Mall first opened..there was a traveling Elvis museum in the mall, that had some of his personal effects in it. Apparently, at least at that time..this museum traveled around to various malls and public venues.
@cintol (6377)
I was there in '88' but we didn't go on any tours, we went to that area to pick up a car and took pictures from the outside. What we saw was beautiful, I wouldn't mind going back and taking the tour
I'm glad Graceland was worth the visit. I was a huge Elvis fan back in the day, and even went to one of his concerts when I was in the Navy in San Diego. It was great, so I imagine the tour of his mansion would be as well. I didn't know he had planes.
@aureliah (16141)
Looks like you are really enjoying every moment
@Icydoll (19496)
I'm glad that you've been in the Graceland. Have great time
My husband has family that lives in Tennessee and has encouraged us to visit. One day we will go there and I will finally get to see Graceland. It is a place I have wanted to visit.
@epiffanie (10466)
I would love to visit Graceland.. I know I would enjoy it better than going to Disneyland..
That sounds interesting. I would love to see Graceland some day.
It is nice that you had set foot to Memphis. I am looking forward to seeing some photos or discussions about the legend of Elvis Presley.
Someday I hope to visit Graceland myself.