Healthy food day.

I had already decided last night, that today would be a healthy food day. This morning's meal consisted of walnuts, raspberries, and raw sweet potato sticks. I snacked throughout the day, eating more raspberries, walnuts and a few no bake peanut butter and cocoa cookies. The latter isn't the healthiest. Supper was a salad from a pizza place. Lettuce, Tomato, black olives, green peppers, red onions, feta, grilled chicken and sandwich ham. I had ranch dressing with it. I've also been trying to drink more water throughout the day. I tend to neglect the H20. I had Traditional Medicinals Raspberry Tea as well. I'll eat another oui yogurt at a little later, and then that will be it for the day. A lot of the food I ate today is supposed to be helpful for a medical condition I have, and I have definitely noticed a difference since I've been eating them. What is your least favorite healthy food? What is your favorite junk food?
I do think fruit and vegetable salad is the healthy food. But then, I do love chips and it was really a junk food literally.
Have you ever taken kale and baked it in the oven? It's really delicious. I forget the exact way you are supposed to prep it, but I loved kale chips when I made them years ago.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Uhm I haven't tried it. But I will try to find about it. Thank you for sharing.
@Shavkat I know here in the US, they have these vegetable chips you can find, but they aren't very good. I don't know what it was about the kale chips I liked, but they were delicious.
• Uzbekistan
I don't eat junk food. I only enter Mc Donalds if I need a toilet.
Fast food is around every corner here in the US. That isn't a good thing.
• Uzbekistan
@ScribbledAdNauseum It's also widespread in Germany. But I avoid it.
@MALUSE Fast and convenient food is taking over. There are secondary delivery services that run rampant, delivering foods for people from places that don't normally deliver. Foods in the stores are getting either more expensive, or more genetically modified. It's terrible.
There are very few vegetables I actually like. I don't eat much junk anymore, but I do have to restrain myself when someone makes cupcakes.
Anything sweet and I love it. The only thing I despise is Okra.
What is your least favorite healthy food? Anything green. What is your favorite junk food? Potato chips...and I ain't supposed to eat potatoes.
I don't buy tater chips anymore because I will literally eat a whole bag in two days.
Sweet potatoes are my least favorite foods. Wendy's frosties are my favorite junk food.
I haven't had a wendy's frosty in years. Do you like Yams then?
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......No! None of the yellow/orange stuff. Squash makes me gag.
@celticeagle I love squash, especially spaghetti squash.. I have a picky family though, so what two of us likes, the other one does and vice versa.
@kobesbuddy (57233)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Probably my least favorite healthy food is tofu. I have no idea what it's good for. Favorite junk food? A huge glazed roll or doughnut with a steaming cup of latte! I love it:)
I've never had tofu. I know that China uses it a lot. I know that whatever it is, it essentially just absorbs the flavors from whatever it's cooked with. I think it's a protein substitute. I"m not sure if it's GMO food or not, but it definitely doesn't sound appealing. I love iced coffees, but I do like my fair share of hot coffee's. Yeast Rolls and Cinnamon Rolls are so, delicious. Of course they are horrible for you.
@kobesbuddy (57233)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@ScribbledAdNauseum This is my point being made, coffee and rolls are my sinful, downfall! LOL
@kobesbuddy We used to have a restaurant called Quincy's. The last one shut down when I was like 8 years old, so it's been a long time ago. However, they had the best yeast rolls ever. I remember going there and eating the rolls more than anything else.
Only healthy I eat is a few fruits. So anything else would be my least favorite. lol.
Which "few fruits" are those?
@ScribbledAdNauseum bananas, apples, grapes and watermelon. but none of them are too often.
@Courtlynn I was horrible about eating fruits before, but I'm trying to get better at it. Vegetables too.
Raisins and kebabs!
I love raising. I've eaten them since I was a little girl, so I guess I was exposed to them at a young enough age to love them. I haven't had a kebab in quite awhile, but I bet ours are vastly different than yours. Your kebabs are influenced by Indian spices, right?
@ScribbledAdNauseum No, a doner kebab is Turkish I believe. I think in the US you call it a gyro. When we tslk about kebabs we're usually talking about doner kebabs, but plenty of others are available!
@Poppylicious Oh, okay. Gyro is Greek, I am sure it could also be Turkish. I used to work for a Greek restaurant.
@rakski (23294)
least healthy food - chips
Yes they always have so much oils, hydrogenated oils even.
@rakski (23294)
@rakski Of course that is what makes them so delicious!
I do not like tofu, or liver. Favorite junk food right now is Little Debbie Nutty Buddies.
I have never had tofu or liver, but I know I wouldn't like it. Well that's not strictly true, I have had liver mush and I sort of like it, but only once in a very blue moon. I've had a hostess brownie recently that wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I'd eat a lot of either. I haven't had a nutty buddy in years.
• Pamplona, Spain
Red beans mostly in anything. Junk food biscuits, muffins I could go on. Very healthy food to eat and I drink a lot of water also.
I can deal with red beans, it's black beans I am not a big fan of. I have to remind myself to drink water most of the time.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I don't think I have a least favorite
Of either?