What Came Into Your Mind When You Hear About Watermelon?

Do you think about cold freezing winter months or hot summer days? I think most of us like to have watermelon in the summer when it is hot. Some people like salt on their watermelon. Some people like to cut a small hole in the melon and fill it with vodka. Others like to hit them with sledgehammers. What do you do with your watermelon?
A friend of mine likes to cut them up into small cubes and freeze them then I visit her and we eat frozen melon on hot summer days. We're back in a cool spell for a while, it's only going to be in the upper 80s and low 90s for a while so it's not hot enough for that yet.
@kobesbuddy (54907)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Jay buys it, whenever watermelon is on sale.
I'm not the biggest fan of sweets but I do like frozen watermelon or cantaloup on hot summer nights @kobesbuddy
I don't buy them often since it's just me here...Scar doesn't like 'em
• Russian Federation
The Armenians eat it with salty cheese and bread... It is delicious!
Project Sunshine, Good suggestion here.
@MashaVickina if Joliet Jake ate watermelon that way it might not be so bad for his blood sugar levels.
@Starmaiden (7641)
I love watermelon and it is one of my favorite summer staples. If only it would come in a seedless variety like grapes and oranges.
It does, I am eating a seedless one right now.
@JolietJake Oh wow! I guess I never looked hard enough.
@JolietJake , We have watermelon without seeds too here.
@owlwings (39740)
• Cambridge, England
To be quite honest, the picture that first comes to mind is strictly politically incorrect these days and if I told you I would be hounded off the site for 'racial discrimination'. Watermelons don't grow in this country, so they have to be imported and, as they are usually large and heavy, that means that they are fairly expensive. When I'm feeling flush, however, I have been known to buy one but then wonder whether to eat watermelon till it comes out of my ears or to throw half of it away. In the end, I have compromised by taking the flesh out of what we haven't managed to eat, liquidising it and freezing it. It does make a delicious and easy sorbet just as it is, though I find that the addition of a little sugar and, maybe, a touch of ginger helps when you are eating something frozen.
It is good frozen, and then blended with plain yogurt and honey and a squeeze of lime juice.
And thanks to you, I am thinking fried chicken now
@owlwings (39740)
• Cambridge, England
@JolietJake They pop up everywhere, don't they! I bet you have one in your woodpile
I think of that funny song “Watermelon Crawl”
The first thing that come to mind is that in Japan they grow square watermelons. I slice and eat my oblong watermelon.
Unfortunately, it is another of those foods that raises my blood sugar levels...I'd had it down around 106 for the past few days, but after having some earlier (about 6 hours ago) it is at 142 right now.
@JolietJake Wow. Never knew watermelon could do that to blood sugar levels.
@Corbin5 I didn't either, I assumed it was 'safe'
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I use them to clog up the recent discussions list.
@Jessabuma (33194)
• Baguio, Philippines
I love watermelon.. it's very refreshing. I've never tried to salt a watermelon.
@mnglsp (1586)
Thinking the same way here.
@Jessabuma (33194)
• Baguio, Philippines
@mnglsp Hehe!!! Nice.
I eat it! I cut it open and I eat the heart, if I share I give them half , what is left I scoop put and put in the fridge for another meal. I bought one the size of a basket ball last week, it was so freakin good. I gave Tony half.
I grabbed one at WallyWorld this morning, they had a big display right as you walk in the doors
@kobesbuddy (54907)
• East Tawas, Michigan
First, we cut it length-wise in half. Then take an ice cream scoop and fill a large container with melon balls. The other half, is usually sliced into sections and handed out to whoever wants a delicious treat:)
I cut my watermelon in melon balls or small cubes. It makes me think of summer, no doubt about that.
@Peach10 (1934)
I love watermelons. I eat it as it is.
• Cuddalore, India
I like watermelon juice.
@FourWalls (15145)
Yes, I salt my watermelon. And an entire watermelon is what I normally consider a single serving size.
Yep
@FourWalls (15145)
@JolietJake — that’s me, and that’s what I normally do for three days after eating watermelon.
@LeaPea2417 (21939)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I just cut it into pieces and eat it. I will never forget when I was a kid, I was spending the night with my best friend and for the first time ever, I saw her parents sprinkle salt on their watermelon and I thought that was so weird. I went home and told my parents. I was fully expecting them to agree with me about how weird it was. And they said, it was not odd, that some people like it that way. But , I thought it was odd then and I still think it is odd now.
Some people put salt on grapefruit as well.
Nothing! I dont care for the stuff.
Nope. What came into your mind is you don't care for the stuff.
We don't buy them very often. Once in a while, we buy them by the slice. But I'd rather have strawberries.
Strawberry shortcake
Most a post about it.
Not a single response about Gallagher to be seen...
@id_peace (7635)
Definitely sweet and juicy
I eat a lot of it if I buy it. It is kinda hard on blood sugar levels for some but it has great nutrition. I like it frozen. I salted it when I was a kid but do not anymore. A big treat was when my cousin and I would visit the grandparents and they would cut a Sugar Baby melon in half for us to share. We felt very special.