That was my trick.. Lol

@Sreekala (23716)
Dear friends, My children never liked Spinach, the green leafy vegetable, if I make it as a side dish along with rice or chappati, they expressed disappointment and asked why you prepared this? Don’t you get any other stuff? Today I adopt a different method, grinded the same after boiling then added with wheat flour then made the dough for chappati. The chappati become greenish. They overwhelmed on seeing the colour and asked how it becomes green. After eating chappati they did not disappointed on eating spinach but told me it was very tasty. There are certain veggies they love to omit from their food. I will experiment this method with those veggies too. How about it? Do you have any method like this to make children eat some vegetables, they hate it actually?
@kepweng (18660)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i love spinnach in pizza
@Sreekala (23716)
Good to know that.
@kepweng (18660)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
@Sreekala do u Already Tried it??
@Sreekala (23716)
@kepweng No, I am not a pizza person.
@Shivram59 (5369)
@Sreekala I like spinach,but generally buy it in winter only,because it is then available at throwaway prices.Spinach is good for health as it improves haemoglobin level.The method you adopted was exactly how one of my neighbour lady had adopted once .She had made puri with flour dough mixed with grinder spinach.It was really very tasty.
@Sreekala (23716)
We can make puri too with this dough. Spinach is not costly at present. I got 20 rupees per kg. But on coming days it will be costly as the season is getting off.
@Shivram59 (5369)
@Sreekala In my town spinach is sold in bundles.A bundle is called a "JURI" in Oriya.At present you can buy 5-6 juris for Rs.10. Five or six bundleseasons hardly weigh 250-300 gms.
@Sreekala (23716)
@Shivram59 So the price is almost same here as well.
@suni51 (2989)
Mixing it with the flour is one of the best things but if you fry it dry with potato it would taste different. Also make Spinach Cheela (I hope you know what cheela is) that would be as healthy and tasty and you can serve it in the name of Pizza!
@Sreekala (23716)
I have done all those things, even with 'paneer', according to them I have spoiled the other things adding this leafy vegetable. But with chappati, they enjoyed and with a different colour. I am planning to do this with beetroot as well.
@suni51 (2989)
@Sreekala That will hardly work, beetroot is a different taste altogether. You can give its juice mixed with tomato and oranges.
@Sreekala (23716)
@suni51 I will tell your after my trial
@caopaopao (12553)
My child also doesn't like green leaves. No matter what I do, she doesn't like to eat.
@Sreekala (23716)
Leafy vegetables are very important for them. But it is difficult to make them understand.
@caopaopao (12553)
@Sreekala They only eat delicious food.
@Sreekala (23716)
@caopaopao Haha then it is our responsibility to make these too delicious.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Interesting! Hehehe!!! Nice trick
@Sreekala (23716)
Thank you dear, just learn it from me.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Sreekala hehehe!!! You're always welcome.
@Sreekala (23716)
@mandala100 (50705)
@Sreekala That's was a very good strategy on your part my friend.
@Sreekala (23716)
What to do, mothers have to find out some tricks always.
@mandala100 (50705)
@Sreekala I agree with you my friend.
@Sreekala (23716)
@mandala100 Thank you so much. See you around.
@ridingbet (59621)
i like spinach especially if it is mixed with chicken. but it is no longer allowed in my diet. no green leafy vegetables for me because these are high in Vitamin K.
@Sreekala (23716)
I am sorry to know that you have health issues with it.
@ridingbet (59621)
@Sreekala yes, because i take Coumadin for my blood
@Sreekala (23716)
@ridingbet Oh ok dear.
@louievill (19723)
That is a good idea because that is spinach fortified chappati, some pastas are done that way, I do the same with my dried and ground moringa, I sprinkle it on fried rice and other foods.
@Sreekala (23716)
Children hate most of the leafy vegetables. When my elder son was too small, he had problem in his eyes (vision). But he never ate leafy veggies. That time he was under the care of day care lady. I prepared spinach and that kind of veggies and kept with his lunch. She never allowed to throw any food, he had no option but to eat.
@louievill (19723)
@Sreekala very good another way is to dip spinach leaf in a batter of egg and flour with salt and pepper and deep fry the leaf, trust me it tastes better than meat.
@Sreekala (23716)
@louievill I will try that for sure. Thank you so much.
My daughter is 24 years old now. She has been a picky eater for just about all her life. You can give her anything that looks like a pizza and. She now has a love affair for mackerel. The one thing I cannot understand is how she eats boil dumplings just about every single day. But to this day I cannot recall one time she ate spinach. Which happens to be my favorite of all time. I have about three spinach with cheese or broccoli or something butter in my freezer right now.
@Sreekala (23716)
How you managed with a picky eater daughter. Good to know that she is grown enough now.
@Icydoll (24736)
Yeah we can add spinach to egg and make omlettes ..I have tried that.. That's a nice trick you have done.hope you will experiment more and successful in it
@Sreekala (23716)
If I add that way my younger one will ask why you spoiled that egg.
@Icydoll (24736)
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
I make spinach with cottage cheese(palak paneer ) and lentils along with spinach. It goes well with rice and roti,or you can make cutlets with spinach and potato.
@Sreekala (23716)
Pala Paneer I tried but they did not like though paneer is their favourite. I used to make different dishes with Pala and I like those but children never.
@kavinitu (5061)
Your idea was great. Children do not like to eat most vegetables, so we have to make such ideas
@Sreekala (23716)
Yes, I have a plan to experiment more this way.
@aureliah (18861)
• Kenya
You are a smart mom. Incorporating spinach in chapati is a great idea
@Sreekala (23716)
Thank you so much for the compliment.
Cooking lessens the benefits of some veggies. Unlike tomatoes - where the benefits increase with cooking.
@Sreekala (23716)
But leafy vegetables we can't eat as raw - Am I right?
• Uzbekistan
A clever idea! You should get a patent on it. Maybe you can become stinking rich with spinach flavaoured chappati. :-)
@Sreekala (23716)
Thank you so much for the compliment. I think I can.
@iridion9 (10207)
wow nice trick.
@Sreekala (23716)
haha thank you dear.