Sorry, it's sold out

@RodrickH (7489)
China
I was going to buy a English newspapaer but the one who sell it told me it was sold out. SOLD OUT???!!! Can't believe a newspapaer in English will be sold out in here, I mean there are so many choices for people in my country. I guess more and more people choose to buy it to learn English.
@mlgen1037 (25042)
• Manila, Philippines
They just want to be more fluent in English. That is one way of learning the language.
@RodrickH (7489)
Yes, nbut can't improve their spoken English
@mlgen1037 (25042)
• Manila, Philippines
@RodrickH Give them a chance. Maybe not now but we will never know.
@RodrickH (7489)
@mlgen1037 maybe they will use them as a material to speak with foreigners
@porwest (4241)
English is often called the universal language. I think it is great people want to learn it. I speak a little bit of Spanish. Never thought of reading something to get better at it. I may actually get something in Spanish now just for that reason.
@RodrickH (7489)
That's true, it's useful to learn the universal language, but some students in my country think it's difficult, I guess as long as they are willing to learn it, nothing is difficult
@porwest (4241)
@RodrickH The English language CAN be difficult because there are so many words that mean the same thing. And then there are the pronunciations. Like comb and come, ballet and ballot, there and their...it can be troubling to some. I can say, "McDonald's are ubiquitous," and that essentially means they are everywhere. Unless you know the meaning it can stumble you. Other words that mean many are plethora, myriad, plentiful, and several.
@RodrickH (7489)
@porwest Yes, I agree, but I believe as long as they are willing to learn and work hard they will learn it well
@caopaopao (7316)
Is it possible that they have less English newspapers, so they are sold out soon? lol. I don't think I can buy English newspapers. There are many ways to improve English much faster than reading English newspapers. It's just my own idea.
@RodrickH (7489)
I think so, less people buy so less newspaper they sell
@caopaopao (7316)
Yeah, what a surprise to hear that! I am afraid that this newspaper may not survive well as they don't print so many as the selling is not well.
@RodrickH (7489)
I don't know whether they sell it well, but it's a famous one which is called China Daily
@RodrickH Long time ago I read Guangzhou Daily English edition. I wonder whether it is still available today. I haven't bought or read newspaper for years.
@RodrickH Maybe lots of people want to learn English. Did he say when is the best time for you to buy a newspaper. You can also go online and find newspapers in English I am sure.
@RodrickH (7489)
Thansk for the tip, haven't seen you for a while on mylot, welcome back
@RodrickH I am here when i can be. Friday I go off for our Sabbath and then Saturday is our Sabbath and then we had a Jewish Holiday so was off the computer till Monday morning. Thanks for welcoming me back.
@Jessabuma (20852)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh that's bad . It's been a long time since I read newspapers.
@RodrickH (7489)
Yes, most of us won't read it because of the internet
@Jessabuma (20852)
• Baguio, Philippines
@RodrickH yes I agree with you
@id_peace (6033)
A lot of foreigners on your country?
@RodrickH (7489)
maybe that could be one reason
@Sreekala (22720)
There is another possibility as well, since no one is reading English newspaper, the store keeper stored less numbers.
@RodrickH (7489)
Yes, that might be one of the reasons, maybe not so many people read English newspapaers here so the store keeper don't store much
I am not sure when last I read one here. I am sure if you ask to have delivery you will get some.
@RodrickH (7489)
thanks for the tip
@Dextoi (2430)
Oh... Scarcity in English newspaper? Must be a plan to increase their prices...
@RodrickH (7489)
Maybe, a nice move for them
• Bournemouth, England
What is the name of the newspaper you tried to buy?
@RodrickH (7489)
China Daily, have you heard of that
• Bournemouth, England
@RodrickH Yes, we've certainly heard of it here.
@RodrickH (7489)
@asfarasiknow So I guess you can buy it in your country?