Don't push Sell; I know what's right for me!!!

@nomus24g (22823)
It gets annoying when unnecessarily a Sales person pushes you something - be it a product or service...We are in an internet era, where every information is available at the touch of the button. And we more or less know what we want and what will satisfy our need. Being too much pushy in these instances call for a truce This morning I had visited a AC Service Center and wanted to get a irregular noise checked - that's what the current problem is. And the servicing guy started educating me about how frequent servicing is necessary and I should go for AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) and pay them upfront to get yearly 3 services free. I know nothing comes for Free in this world...once I pay up front, I have to be after them to get that service worth the money I paid. They would anyway do a shoddy job just to show that they serviced my AC machine Anyway, to cut it short...I had to raise my voice and tell them, that I have to probably look for an alternative if they are not taking up the current job in hand...and finally the technician visited and sorted out the issue.
• Trinidad And Tobago
It's the age of consumerism. People focus on selling you things whether you are interested or not. A kind of a culture now.
@nomus24g (22823)
correct...and we should stay firm to our needs and draw a line...
• Trinidad And Tobago
@nomus24g I can hardly be swayed to buy what i don't want. fortunately, I still have a say in the choices I make in my life!
Oh yes, I am not a fan of paying upfront for such long years. Who knows how long they've been in business for? Or if they suddenly shut down business. Glad it worked out in your favor after all. :) Did they find the problem?
@nomus24g (22823)
yes, the guy was technically sound...but his Boss was insisting of an annual contract, which I denied...
@nomus24g Annual would be something I *may* consider if I need it, but common 3 years? NO thanks its a freakin' gimmick! OR sometimes even too good to be true at times especially for a smaller company. And even SO, they took your money already & it'll be hard for them to be back to perform the job WELL.
@nomus24g (22823)
@infatuatedbby they were pushing for 1 yr only...within that 3 servicing is free & am sure they will do a shoddy job and then beyond that if you ask them, they will charge
I agree they can be pushy. A lot of them work on comission so I can understand why but it is annoying at the same time. I am glad you stood up to them!
@nomus24g (22823)
I understand their point of view, but inspite of me telling them NO, they keep insisting is what annoys me to the core...
@ptrikha_2 (8273)
@nomus24g Yes some salespeople keep on pestering. Yet there are some who do not bother after being politely refused. Having said that, I also believe that often thee people are under immense pressure and often at intense job loss risk. May be their bosses need to be more considerate and also set some rules.
Their main focus is on making money.
@nomus24g (22823)
but they forget consumer preference and exceed their limit...
@ptrikha_2 (8273)
Well it happens a lot. And we now have credit card and loan sellers calling us even on Sundays. Yet I believe for a lot of things go, the business owners are to be blamed for their ultra profit motives and pressurising their employees for hard selling.