Great Dental Office for Kids

The pediatric dental office in the photo above is located in Prescott, Arizona. When I was a kid, a dentist's office was definitely not kid-friendly. I have to say the folks who run this pediatric dental office in Prescott, Arizona, went to great lengths to create a building that is as kid-friendly as can be. The structure that houses the pediatric dental office is called "KidZaam Klubhouse." Inside the structure, there is a themed environment that provides 'Dentaltainment' for kids.There are a lot of fun things to do in "KidZaam Klubhouse" while waiting to see the dentist. Compared to "KidZaam Klubhouse," the dental offices for humans of any age in my area look so very plain and boring.
When you think of the dentist, fun is not a word you'd use. But this klubhouse sure changes that! The dentist I went to as a kid, as did everyone in my whole family, was for kids and adults. There was a small kids section in the waiting room, with a big wooden toybox full of toys, a bookshelf with lots of books - both kids and teens, and a table with 4 chairs. we loved it. And in the kids dentist room, there was two chairs for two kids to get done at once, and the dr had a traintrack at the ceiling that went back and forth the whole time you were in there to watch.
You have the perfect dental experience as a kid. Some pediatric dentists go to great lengths to make kids feel comfortable..
@Corbin5 I did, we loved it. And the ddr was very nice and gentle for those with fears. Like my brother and I.
@Corbin5 That is great kids have their very own dentist office. I still do not like going to the dentist but have to.
I do not like going either. I love my dentist, but I would be happy to never have to see him again.
@Corbin5 I have new one and met him once and he seemed nice but I do not like the dentist at all.
@Hannihar Oh well, we will just have to be brave and continue going to the dentist. My dentist talks and talks and talks, and one time, we talked through my entire appointment and I had to reschedule. He is from Taiwan and he is marvelous, but I would like to be in and out of there a bit more quickly.
• Pamplona, Spain
Great idea as even the thought of going to a Dentist can put you right off and not want to go. The Dentist I had when I was a kid did not have a friendly place for kids at all. Going to him was like Doomsday. Everytime the buzzer went everyone used to jump out of their skin and I have seen grown men go out of there whiter than the walls themselves.
Same with us. Oh my, your dentist experience was not a good one. We went by ourselves since the dentist office was just 3 blocks from our house. We had to walk up a flight of stairs in an old building and there he was. Nothing fun or lovely about his office.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 Ours was right at the bottom of the Street to this very day the noise of that drill drives me daft and scares the daylights out of me. Why can´t they invent something less noisier than that I ask myself. I wish I could have taken a photo of the faces of the men everytime the buzzer went and the booming voice of the dentist came over that tannoy thing they have.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I agree. How hard would it be to make a silent drill, or perhaps one that plays soothing music?
@FayeHazel (17093)
Ha ha. Wow. I think that would be much easier to go to, even as an adult :-)
My dentist's office is very boring. He needs to provide some entertainment activities for his patients.
@FayeHazel (17093)
@Corbin5 Ha ha. Same here. Very dull
@Lolaze (3165)
@Corbin5 My dentist’s office very pretty. She knows how anxious I get so if I’m going to be waiting awhile she lets me wait in her actual office. It’s calm with low lights and even one of those wavy type couches to lay on. Or if her 7 and 3 year old daughters are at the office, I will play with them until she is ready for me.
That looks like a fun dentist to go to. I wouldn't mind going to the dentist if the building looked like that. Even for adults.
Yes, I think adults need a building that has a happy feel to it too.
@Corbin5 Yes, we do. It would make the visit more pleasant.
This place looks so great. They should make an effort and do something less plain and boring for "kids of any age".
I could use some entertainment while waiting in the office of my dentist. The TV just is not enough entertainment to take my mind off all things dentist.
@Corbin5 We do not even have the TV in our dental clinics. I usually read a book.
@nela13 (6065)
• Portugal
That is so great, I am sure my kids would love to go to the dentist if we had it here.
I do believe kids would be very comfortable in a dental office like the one in the photo.
@nela13 (6065)
• Portugal
@Corbin5 at least I think they wouldn't be afraid of the dentist.
Never heard of this.But I can see it would be helpful to some?
Yes, for kids who fear going to the dentist, this place would help ease their fears.
@Corbin5 yes very much so
Looks like a cute klubhouse for kids :) I went to a boring one too. I didn't like the dental office still don't. hehe
I remember Mom used to send us all by ourselves in the late 1950s and early 1960s when we were little kids. The dentist office was just 2 blocks from our house, and we walked to the office of the town's only dentist, climbed the stairs, and there we were. Parents during that time period were not allowed to stay with their children in the hospital either. When I was in Children's Memorial Hospital for a month, Mom could only visit during visiting hours. All alone at night. Scary stuff.
@Corbin5 Oh no that is very scary! I'd definitely be freaked out but hopefully everyone was nice to you all. :) I'm glad the rules and regulations has changed since hehe.
Wow that's very nice to know. Even i never liked the dentists in my childhood but now it's fine
We did not have pediatric dentists when I was a kid. We just went to the same dentist my parents used.
It would look very appealing to children and perhaps calm any fears they might have.
I think so too. A lot of work went into creating that pediatric dentistry office.
@Lolaze (3165)
We have one here that is in a old movie theater building. They play kids movies while they kids get their dental work done. So the kids feel more like it’s a special outing instead of something scary.
Now, that is one great idea for a pediatric dental office!!!
@kepweng (13407)
do u Already Experience to Forget to tooth brush in 1 day or 1 weekss??
I always brush my teeth in the morning and before bed every day of the week.
That looks really cool. To this day, I'm still terrified of going to the dentist due to two incidents that happened when I was a child. And one was at a children's dentist office.
I bet you are afraid of the dentist if you had a bad experience as a child. We did not have pediatric dentists in the 1950s, and my siblings and I walked the two blocks to the dentist's office all by ourselves. He was a nice dentist, but it sure was not fun.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Wow! vert innovative. If had this in my youth I'll probably visited the dentist more often! I think this is a great incentive for the kids.
Yes, there were no pediatric dental offices when we were kids, either. Going to the dentist was no fun at all.
That kind of kids dental office should be available everywhere.
I agree. When I was a kid, we had walk to the dentist's office 2 blocks from our house. There were no kid-friendly ones when we grew up.
@skydancer (1985)
Wow! I just went to their website and that place looks amazing - have never seen anything like it! I loved my pediatric dentist when I was a kid. I almost wanted to stay through adulthood but he insists you "graduate" to the adult dentist after high school!
When I was growing up, there were no pediatric dentists which made going to the dentist not much fun at all.
That looks like a fun place for kids. We started going to a children's dentist when I was a kid..but by the time we started going I was 12 or 13 so barely a kid really..He had a treasure chest in his office you could pick a toy out of I remember that, but at my age, I doubt I was interested in them. I think the dentist was more for my younger sister.
For older kids and adults, a pinball machine, some multi-player video games, some Wii games would be nice.
A friend of ours opened a kid friendly dental office years ago, and although it wasn't as magnificent as KidZam, it made going to the dentist much more pleasant for all those little ones.
I think big ones need an adult-friendly dental office too. A smoothie bar would be a good start.
I wonder what the adult version of this would look like.
Well, a pinball machine, poker games going on in which a new player would immediately take a player's place when called for, a smoothie bar, Wii game on several TVs, and checkers and chess.