Your favorite Place to Read In Your Home.

https://fineartamerica.com/art/paintings/woman+reading
@silvermist (20107)
Many of us like reading . We make time to read and enjoy books that we like. There may be favorite places that we prefer to read.(I mean in our house.Not in the library or seaside). If the whether is good, some of us like to read sitting on our porch(deck) or in the garden. Or if it is winter,inside our home.(In front of the fire place or heater if we have them.) I like mostly to read sitting on the couch in the living room. Also I read books sometimes reclining on the bed. There may be a favorite window seat or reading nook for some. Which is your favorite place for reading in your home ? Image Fine artamerica.com. painting '' Sweet Solitude'' by Edmund BlairLeighton.
I like to read while I am in my bedroom and I am alone iwth no one else around.
• Tanzania
i like reading hot stories when we are together in bedrom with my wife
I like to get in a lawn chair and read in my backyard in the summer and on my couch in the winter and light up some candles and in my bath robe.
@silvermist (20107)
@jstory07 Yes,if there is any one else ,we will most probably be interrupted with the other person talking with us.
I have a very comfortable recliner that is my favorite place to read.
@silvermist (20107)
Having a convenient place to read is a must for enjoying our reading.
My reading place is the same as yours, the couch in the living room.
@silvermist (20107)
Yes,always my first choice of place for reading.
@lnillerman (2668)
I love to read a lot of history books.
@silvermist (20107)
I used to do that a lot when I was younger.These days not so much.Which type of history do you prefer?Any particular aspect ,period or country?
I love reading on my bed, so I can roll over and take a nap if I need one. I also love to read in our new family room on the chaise. It's so bright and sunny there. I also read on our deck or at the beach.
@silvermist (20107)
In short you can read whenever you get time.
@silvermist And I read daily!
@silvermist (20107)
@DianneN Yes,I know.So,what is the book you are reading now?
I like to read when I am in bed, when I know that I have done everything I needed to do during the day and that I can read as many hours as I like.
@silvermist (20107)
And I am sure that is a nice feeling.Have you finished ''Origin''?.
@silvermist No, I am halfway, this is a 461 pages book and I have very little time to read now. I read before sleeping in bed, but I am very stressed and tired.
@silvermist (20107)
@LadyDuck Yes,we read for enjoyment.No need to hurry and feel stressed.After all the book is not going to run away.
@YrNemo (11747)
Anywhere really. But the best place is in my bedroom.
@silvermist (20107)
Yes,it is a good place,so long as we do not fall asleep.
@YrNemo (11747)
@silvermist A few times, I planned to sleep, but instead, the books and their stories sucked me in... I forgot to sleep!
@silvermist (20107)
@YrNemo That is good that we get to read such interesting books .
@dgobucks226 (11538)
I like to read in my office space. My favorite place is on the beach.
@silvermist (20107)
I too would like to read on the beach.But here always the beach is crowded and if it is not then it is not safe.
@dgobucks226 (11538)
@silvermist I see. And with the crowds come too much noise. Hard to concentrate on your reading.
@silvermist (20107)
@dgobucks226 You are absolutely right.
@thelme55 (14348)
I like to read sitting on my couch or sometimes, laying down on my massage chair which is movable in the upper part of it.
@silvermist (20107)
It is good when we can adjust our position for comfort while reading.Being able to put up your feet up is nice.
@thelme55 (14348)
@silvermist yes, it is indeed good.
@silvermist (20107)
Unfortunately, I'm not one of those who are fond of reading. My favorite place is my room were I can sleep.
@silvermist (20107)
Can I say seeping is one of your hobbies?
@morgoodie (1799)
I usually just read while I am sitting in my recliner. I will read in the car while I wait to pick up my children from school as well. I wish I had a special reading nook or a library in my house. That would be awesome.
@silvermist (20107)
When I was younger,I used to do a lot of reading while waiting for my kids.Some times I read while waiting in doctor's waiting room.(only if I am not the patient)
@morgoodie (1799)
@silvermist Yes I will read there too since it usually takes forever. I have a ton of books on my phone through the Kindle app so I always have something to read with me.
@silvermist (20107)
@morgoodie I always try to read real physical books.I do read e books only once in a while.If I want to read more,I will have to use Kindle and also listen to audio books more.
@silvermist I like to read on our porch.
@silvermist (20107)
Even if it is raining?
@silvermist Not if it is raining, then I am inside.
@silvermist (20107)
@Hannihar But is good to read sitting near a window listening to the rain and reading.
@JESSY3236 (6250)
Love that painting. I like to read in the living room on the couch. My mother loved to read at the kitchen table. She doesn't read much anymore.
@silvermist (20107)
There are nice paintings even by not so well known(to us) painters.Reading in the kitchen is good if you want a cup of coffee while reading.Why does not your mother read anymore?
@JESSY3236 (6250)
@silvermist she started working as an apartment cleaner and she either was too tired or didn't have enough time to read. Then she quit that job and started being a painter which made her tired. Now she takes care of my uncle and his cats which takes up most of her time.
@silvermist (20107)
@JESSY3236 I wish she gets some rest and is not so tired.Then may be she could spend at least one hour daily for reading.
@wolfgirl569 (3419)
• Marion, Ohio
Usually curled up in my chair if I am reading
@silvermist (20107)
I think that is the most comfortable way.How is the weather there?Here I am glad to have some rain the last too days.
• Marion, Ohio
@silvermist Drying out now. Sunny all day today. But chance of rain Saturday. Hoping not as I want to get the garden done.
@silvermist (20107)
@wolfgirl569 I am glad you are making good progress with the gardening.
living room as it is so bright and sunny.I loved it
@silvermist (20107)
That sure is nice.Definitely we should have sufficient light that makes us see what we are reading.
@silvermist It helps
@silvermist (20107)
@amadeo Yes,it does.
@AKRao24 (14993)
It is my bed room while in sleeping posture with the head side light on, I like to read a book and i love to go to sleep while reading a book when I am really relaxed! Which very rarely happens in my life! Thanks!
@silvermist (20107)
That head side light is good because we should have enough light while reading.
@AKRao24 (14993)
@silvermist , Thanks without that it is impossible to read while in sleeping posture! Thanks!
@silvermist (20107)
@AKRao24 You are welcome.
I have a recliner where I do all my reading in the living room; I do not go on the couch as that is my cat's space to recline. I sometimes read in bed but not often and just stay in the living room until I am ready to go to sleep
@silvermist (20107)
So,the couch is were Onyx rests.
@silvermist He rests there when I wake up in middle of the night, and he won't stay in our bed without me so he will go on the couch, Other times he has a bed on the dining room windowsill and a living room chair in front of the window
@epiffanie (10413)
I read in bed ..
@silvermist (20107)
Relaxation and reading,together.
@ramapo17 (23344)
• Melbourne, Florida
My favorite place to read is on my recliner. I could stay in that all day as it is so comfy with my legs up. Sometimes if it is nice out, I will sit in the screen room, with my feet up, and read. It is nice to hear the birds and other outside sounds. I actually do more reading in the car when we are traveling from Florida to New Jersey. I bring lots of magazines that I never look at when I am home and then I leave them up north at my daughters or girlfriends.
@silvermist (20107)
I too try to put my feet up while reading.That is nowadays.Not young any more.
@rakski (11881)
I like reading my bed or at the sofa
@silvermist (20107)
Have you ever fallen asleep while reading in bed?