At What Age You Were Required to Wear Eye Glasses?

I think these days with the increase in pollution and also impure food and other such things like most of us used to be in front of the screen of laptops, personal computers and mobile, and these do affect us a lot. I have seen these days even kids wearing glasses in that shorter age. What About you? At What Age You Were Required to Wear Eye Glasses? Or You are not required to wear Eye glasses? Please share.
I started wearing glasses at age 6. That was the time before computers and anything else electronic.
Oh wow, that was super early , take care
@thesupersingh Yes, it was. I couldn't see the blackboard in school, even when they put me in the first seat in front.
@Lolaze (3165)
Little ones with glasses are so cute! My cousin’s son is only two and wears them and he’s sooooooo cute in them.
@sabtraversa (12985)
I don't have the best of lifestyles and I spend a lot of time in front of screens. But I don't wear glasses. If I ever get a driving license, I'll know whether I need them or not. I think my parents started to wear them in their late 40s, who knows if I'll manage to reach such age without wearing glasses. I wouldn't mind if I had to wear them earlier, but I guess they're kind of uncomfortable. I don't even wear sunglasses.
That's nice to know, i am sure you are blessed with very nice pair of Eyes
@sabtraversa (12985)
@thesupersingh Yes, it looks like I am!
@sabtraversa Haha, take care
@thesupersingh I got glasses I think when I was 10 years old. I waited till I could get contact lenses. I hated glasses.
I can understand. No body likes it
@thesupersingh You are right a lot do not like to wear glasses especially at a young age , but, there are those that do not mind wearing them.
@Lolaze (3165)
I was 11. It was no surprise as both my parents wore glasses. At 14 I switched to contact lenses. I’ve been very lucky that my eyesight has stayed about the same since I started having vision problems.
I can understand, thanks and have a great evening
@id_peace (6013)
I wear them at the age of 9 years old. I think that I was proud of it at first thinking that i could be clark kent.
Haha. Good to know about that. Thanks
@anikoonline (2979)
• Hungary
I don't remember exaxtly but I was 13-14 yo. It didn't happened because of laptops and mobile phones, because they didn't exist in my country that time.
I can understand. There are many other factors affecting as well
@cupkitties (7036)
I don't even know. Probably about 13. My mom took all us kids to have our eyes checked. I remember wanting to get contact lenses like my siblings but the doc said no. They gave me prescription glasses for Amblyopia aka. "lazy eye". Years later, my lazy eye must have improved because the doc didn't mention it this time. Now I just have glasses for reading
That's nice to know, Shasta, thanks
@rakski (11914)
I was advice to wear a reading glasses 8-10 years but I was in denial . I officially started 2016. But recently, I am aomewhat being dependent on it when reading especially small fonts
I can understand, we all like to deny lol
Not until I was middle-aged.
Very nice to know, that, thanks and have a great Friday
I think I was twelve (high school) when I was required to wear prescription glasses. Instructions from the ophthalmologist were to wear them at all times but since I was trying to be cool at that age I really din't wear it as much. I only got to wear them religiously when I was already in college because the heavy load of reading materials there strains my eyes. Been wearing my glasses since then, about 7 years now.
I can understand, i didn't wore since last year and now i am required to wear
• Peoria, Arizona
I had to get glasses at 9 years old. It runs in my family needing glasses at a young age.
I can understand, my friend, take care
@Jessabuma (20660)
• Baguio, Philippines
I got glasses when I was 14 years old, but I stopped using/wearing it now..
Have you improved your eye sight
@Jessabuma (20660)
• Baguio, Philippines
@thesupersingh I don't have any eye sight issues..
@Jessabuma then ehy you got glasses at 14
@mohit459 (11779)
• Haldwani, India
I don't.
@mohit459 (11779)
• Haldwani, India
@wongchoiyee (7341)
I was prescribed at 9 years old but I wear at 13 years old.
I think we all make these mistakes
@momalisa65 (1973)
I was about 12 when I started wearing glasses. Then when I was in my 40’s I had to add bifocals to my glasses to be able to read small print.
Take care. I guess these days most are required to wear