Taking it Easy

Green Bay, Wisconsin
There's just something about being inactive that just doesn't sit well with me. Keeping my leg up most of the day is very annoying, and feels like I should be doing anything but watching TV, which I did most of the morning. I really missed being at the pool this morning. The only thing I did do was run the dishwasher. The good news is, I'm using the cane less. My knee is still stiff and sore, but it's bearable. I'm hoping I'll be back in the pool on Monday, though I doubt I'll get much accomplished in the fitness center until the knee is completely healed. As long as I'm careful walking through this apartment, and don't turn my leg wrong, I'm in very little pain, and that's a good thing. It gives me hope it's healing. I did call the chiropractor this morning, but he was booked solid, so couldn't go see him. I do have an appointment with my primary on Tuesday. That was set up months ago after my last visit. I had thought about canceling that appointment many times, as I really hate going to doctors when it isn't necessary. Glad now I didn't, as I'll be talking to him about the knee. I doubt anything will be able to be done at that point. Especially if I do manage to get in the pool that morning before my appointment with him. My new suit arrived in the mail, so I will be trying it on to make certain it fits, and will wear it on Tuesday. I expect it will fit just fine. The new one, is an old style, only this one is a size 12 instead of 16. I think it was two suits ago I had it before. I'll try to find the picture of it. For now the notifications are finished, and I need to do something with my brain, since it's been on the inactive list since yesterday as well. So, I'm going to work on a book. I hope your day has been a good one. Thanks for reading. It's the suit on the left.
Keep taking it easy on that knee.
I plan on it. Thank you.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Funny that my strategy is "kind of" the opposite. Don't do any quick bends, but get that knee "exercising" as soon as you can!
@TheHorse I'm doing that just in walking through the apartment, then today I did some walking at church, and the restaurant I went to. Though I wasn't stupid when I went to the grocery store. I used the mobile cart. I would be using the cane again if I hadn't.
@rakski (21008)
Good to hear that you are in less pain and knee is going well. I hope that it will continue that way for you.
Thank you. I slept better last night, which was good.
@rakski (21008)
@just4him oh that is good to hear!!!
Everything working out in your favor there Val
Yes, I believe it is. My knee is doing better. Still sore, but not like it was.
@just4him Okay keep an eye on that.
@amadeo No cane today. My knee is much better with all the rest I've given it.
@ridingbet (57850)
it is nice to know you feel better now. your swimsuits are nice.
Thank you. Only the one on the left is the new one.
@ridingbet (57850)
@just4him the one in the right still looks good
@ridingbet It's a pretty suit, but not ordered from my usual site and runs small. I had to order the one on the left and wear it until that one fit. Now, I'm getting ready to wear the one on the left in a size 12 this time. Though it will be a couple weeks yet. It almost fits.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Valerie. I am happy for all the wonderful changes. Just always be careful. You have a new set of swimsuits. They are so lovely. I want to buy new ones too.
I tried it on last night. Doesn't fit yet, but close. I'll be in it before summer is out.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@just4him You will be able to reach that goal, Valerie. I believe in you!
@mlgen1037 Yes, I will.
Hopefully, your knee will heal on its own and soon. Size 12? Wow! That is fantastic news!!!!! You are doing so well, Valerie!!!!
Thank you. I will be back in the pool on Tuesday. Remember that dress I only needed to lose an inch in order to zip up and I finally did last Sunday? I'm that close to wearing this suit.
@just4him I'm so happy for you!!!!
@DianneN Thank you.
Both suits are nice. But that's awesome you're two sizes down! Keep it up. And hope the knee keeps getting better
I tried the suit last night, but I still need to lose a little bit more to get it on, but I'm very close to making that happen. Thank you. It's starting to feel better.
@just4him that's awesome! you got this Valerie!
@Courtlynn Yes, I do.
I am waiting on a book I Bought I want kay to read it before me.
I hope it arrives soon.
@just4him I am waiting for June something so it will be ok.
So good to hear that you aren't in a lot of pain. Hope you have a nice weekend.
Thank you. I hope you have a good one as well.
@just4him .....Yep.
@caopaopao (12377)
I'm glad your knees are better. I like your blue suit. I hope it will fit you very well.
Thank you. I did try it last night. It doesn't quite fit yet, but it's close. I'll be wearing it soon.
Good thing you have that appointment with your primary doctor. Your brain is ready for that work on your book!!!
Yes, it is ready to get some work done. Yes, I'm glad I have the appointment.
It is a good thing that you didn't cancel that appointment!
Yes, it is, though I do wonder what he will tell me or restrict me from and it better not be the pool.
I am glad your knee is getting better, I hope you will be fine to go to the pool on Monday.
I'm planning on it for Tuesday. It's feeling better than yesterday, so I'm hopeful.
@just4him I hope the problem is over, good luck.
@LadyDuck It's still stiff and sore, but yes, better than it has been.
@just4him You really are getting down there. What size do you want to reach? This is the 2nd post with a cane and now your leg. So, what happened to youi?
I want to reach size 12 clothes. Having my swimsuit at 12 is a step closer to my goal as my clothes are size 14. So, soon, though I still have a long ways to go with my weight.
@just4him It sounds like you are doing really well, but, you are the one that knows best.
@Hannihar I'll be happy when I reach my goal weight.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh good to hear you are better now, have a great day!
Thank you.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
@just4him you're always welcome
• Pleasant Hill, California
Inactivity doesn't suit me well either. Yesterday (Saturday), I had a hard time getting my mojo working. I finally "forced" myself to g to Home Depot and get some potting soil and Miracle Gro Quick Start. As for the pool, if you can make it there, would some very light kicks in the water be good for your knee? I did a lot of gentle cycling after my ACL surgery more than 10 years ago.
It probably would, but as of today, the cane is history, my knee is much better, not perfect, and I will go to the pool on Tuesday. I might even do a light workout in the fitness center. I'm guessing the hot tub/whirlpool will be the best on my knee.
I hope your knee recovers soon. It is awful not being able to get around as you want to.
Yes, it is. I sent an e-mail to my friend at the pool this morning that I expected to be there on Tuesday.
@sugartoes (42018)
• Greencastle, Indiana
good to see things are going good for you with some minor set backs at times I hope you get a good report from your doc Tuesday just don't over do it is all.
I'm definitely not overdoing, just testing my boundaries without the cane. My knee is improving.
@Daelii (5817)
I love the colors! I can't stand sitting still and watching TV. I have to be doing something! Anything as long as its busy work of some sort! I hope it heals quickly for you!
Thank you. I have a hard time sitting still, or I should say my brain being inactive. I'm always busy in some way, but keeping my leg up on the recliner because of all the pain, even watching TV isn't my idea of being active. I did get some work done last night, and will get more done today.
@porwest (7050)
Nice suit. As for being unproductive there are days I am happy just to relax. But I know what you mean.