Got Done In Time

Marion, Ohio
We got the garden done at just the right time. We could see a storm coming. I got everything back to the house before the rain came. While it lasted it was perfect. Just a nice easy drizzle. Enough to tell my seeds that it is time to start waking up. Of course most of the time we were in hot sun while working. So when we were done I came in and took a long bath. I feel a lot better now and am sure I smell a lot better. I am relaxing with a (gasp!) sun dress on. I still need to plant a few marigolds at the south end of the garden. I have seen the rabbits turn and run when they smelled them. The north end is done and rows are marked at each end with a marigold. I also have them between the tomato plants. I need to sweep some in the house today yet. But most of my time can be spent outside enjoying the rain washed air.
I have not been outside since yesterdays.
• Marion, Ohio
It was very nice here especially after the rain
@wolfgirl569 That is good I would love that here. It's done raining though.
we started out and not finish that is fine.Will get it done next weekend. Enjoy.What did you plant there?
• Marion, Ohio
We wanted done as they are calling for pop up showers a lot of days. It was dry enough to work in it today. In the garden I have green beans, pumpkins, indian corn, tomatoes and cabbage. But I have several other things out back in raised beds or pots.
@wolfgirl569 we will not be done till the original holiday weekend
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
I love the smell in the air after the rain, especially if there is a wood near.
• Marion, Ohio
I do too, spent the evening outside.
Marigolds scare off rabbits?
• Marion, Ohio
They do not seem to like the smell of them. The deer dont seem to mind them tho.
I've heard that voles don't like the smell of the Marigolds either. Might have to try that, lots of holes in the back yard. Glad you like to garden, I'm not good at it.
@aureliah (17985)
• Kenya
If the marigolds are that useful then you should plant more
Do marigolds really keep rabbis at bay? If they do, I'll be buying a gross of them.
@franxav (5431)
As the rains come we have to be ever alert to take our clothes and pickles inside.