I Just Wonder Is Multitasking Necessary

First I heard it was good and then I heard it wasn't good for you. Being old school, see the fast paced rhythm we have today. Now I for one will not attempt to keep up with new pace. Do people slow down for anything. I mean when I am driving, a car will zoom past me, and I end driving my speed catching up to him.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
I'm glad to learn in recent times that multitasking is no longer considered the smart way to live. I definitely prefer one task at a time done properly.
Thank you, you see this all the time. Appreciate you.
I am not sure but I am trying very hard not to. It's easier to stick to one if possible. For me that is.
That is for me, but I heard yes then no.
@popciclecold that is my problem but I am working on it. I had to rest a little before continuing my room. It's kind of hard.
@sharon6345 If you get used to it i would think it is hard. Take care.
@epiffanie (10404)
I multitasked for 30 something years and it caught with me.. I had anxiety attacks .. so I learned to slow down ..
WOW, That is too bad. Was it hard for you to slow down, after that many years.
@epiffanie (10404)
@popciclecold Once you are workaholic, it is very difficult to slow down.. because it's just like any addictions .. I still multitask these days but not as much as I used to .. because the anxiety pulls me back down.. forces me to slow down ..
I have always been a multi-task`er and I`m 52. I am mylotting while the washer washes clothes and the dryer is drying another load. Sometimes I cook, wash clothes and mylot all while watching t.v.
I know you have a lot to do. But do you ever slow down. and enjoy life.
I think the latest studies are against it. It is hard for your body and mind. We need to slow down and appreciate life while we are living it.
Well, yeah that is how we were taught to live life. Take time and smell the flowers. Then you see all this rapid pace and working with young people at the time just blew me away.
@redhotpogo (4422)
Multitasking sharpens your mind and reflexes.
Well, I know they did it for a reason, but then said it wasn't good. Do I thought I'd ask.
@popciclecold Who's they?
@redhotpogo Young people. I use to work with a lot of young people, and they say hurry up Mrs. Phyllis. Lol.
@arunima25 (8341)
• Bangalore, India
Multitasking became an in thing with fast paced life and became synonymous with smartness. But actually it reduces effectivity. In fact I read somewhere that it is a misunderstood concept that brain can multitask. It only switches from one job to other when we are multitasking in seconds.
This is true. when I work fast food they say, hurry up Mrs. Phyllis.
@arunima25 (8341)
• Bangalore, India
@popciclecold yes, multitasking makes us hurry through things
@arunima25 Well, I don't think it's for me.
@ridingbet (59406)
i do multitasking especially with my work. even here at home. i have to practice my brain in to doing many tasks so i won't be forgetful prematurely
That's good I guess, that would make me forget something.
@ridingbet (59406)
@popciclecold so, you are on the negative, right? you will forget something?
@popciclecold To me whether or not multitasking or not to multask depends upon what has to get done. If there are deadlines then yes I would to multitasking. If it is things that you can take your time then I would say get one done at a time.
Thank you this helps my understanding.
@popciclecold I am glad I could help you out and you are welcome.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
I like multitasking at some point like when I am working at home - keeping up with order, emails, mylotting, etc. - I do them all at the same time but I have to make sure that I am aware of what I am doing or else I will be so messed up.
Yeah, that would be me ALL MESSED UP.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@popciclecold hehehe. Sometimes I have to stop doing it because I get too tired.
@Shiva49 (13965)
I don't multitask but prioritize so that one follows the other. I make sure I enjoy whatever I do - siva
Now that is a good way to do.
@aureliah (18440)
• Kenya
That happens to me also while driving. At times multi-tasking is the best way to live life
While driving, It may be good. But not driving. How?
@db20747 (9375)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Go ahead, take your time and do one thing at a time!!!! Only multitask once in a while!!! I'm taking life at a much slower pace!!!!
So am I.
Multitasking makes me nuts. I prefer to concentrate on one thing at a time
I can't do it.
@hereandthere (32762)
what i notice is things aren't done well or properly, and you end up repeating or fixing them.
Yep that is what happens, when I multi task. Lol