Remembering Thoe who gave their Lives for Freedom

@Elizaby (3955)
Pensacola, Florida
Thought many of the normal Memorial Day Activities have been delayed or cancelled due to a approaching tropical storm I was pleasantly surprised to see the semiannual motorcycle parade making the from a location on 9 Mile road down to Veteran's Memorial Park along the bay in downtown Pensacola (here we have scaled replicas of every military memorial that is in Washington DC. Most are veteran themselves and from where I sat eating there was quite a turnout as traffic was stopped a they rode by. They will be greeted at Wall South by a group that for the past few day (and will be through tomorrow) reading off the names of those on the Vietnam Memorial(called here Wall south). So just a remimder for u to take time admidst the start of ummer activities) member to take the time to remember thoe who served and gave their lives o we can live free today.
It is very moving and humbling to hear a heap of names read out. They don't it much here.
@Elizaby (3955)
• Pensacola, Florida
It was the frist time here
We owe them all our heartfelt thanks. So glad that the motorcycle parade went on as planned. God bless this country and the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice.
@Elizaby My dad trained in Pensacola during WII as a naval aviator. I just remember him saying how hot he was when stationed there. Dad does not handle heat well at all.
@moffittjc (45195)
• Gainesville, Florida
In addition to many of the traditional forms of remembering those who have fallen in service to our country, here in Gainesville a local veterans club also puts out tombstones along a 1-mile stretch of highway through the middle of the city that represents every soldier killed since 9/11 happened. It's a sobering reminder that we still live in warring times.
That must have been an emotional scene. I'm glad it wasn't canceled.
Thank you for that! We spent time today volunteering to prepare the local boy scouts and cub scouts for marching in our yearly parade tomorrow.
Yes it is a time to remember those who served. I saw on the news that there will be a lot of rain in parts of Florida.
Yes without them we would have no freedom