RUN! (Blake Crouch Novel)

I was not impressed by this book at all. The synopsis is very gripping, but the delivery of the book itself was just not there. The premise is that the world has severely changed after a natural event. People are killing people, it's essentially an apocalypse. The only problem is that the book is just them constantly running, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble, getting into more trouble. I had to skip ahead at one point because one of the characters got into trouble and I honestly didn't think they'd make it, so I wanted to just get to the epilogue and find out. It took a lot of skipping ahead, and once I got there, I just wasn't impressed. First of all I was a little lost because of the skipping ahead. Yes, Sure, Of course that's my fault, but honestly I had to. I've read a few reviews on amazon and there were a few people like me, that just weren't impressed by it. Like I said before, the book is a good idea, the execution just didn't deliver. *Below is the link to the book.
Run - Kindle edition by Blake Crouch. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Run.
@Jessabuma (27676)
• Baguio, Philippines
That's what I do when I don't like the flow of the story, I skip ahead..
There are some books that are almost mirror images, the plot is just that similar. I tend to skip ahead on those a lot.
@Jessabuma (27676)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Jessabuma I tend to exhaust a genre as well. I will read from one genre for months and months until I get tired of it and go to another.
@morgoodie (2275)
I haven't heard of this author. I probably wouldn't like it as I am not usually into apocalypse themes, but I can see how it would get a little redundant running and getting into trouble. Maybe needed to put a little plot twist in there.
I am not a big fan of it either, but I wanted to give it a try. I prefer to watch shows or movies around this theme, if I do anything. Yeah, I guess the author just got burnt out really quickly.
@morgoodie (2275)
@ScribbledAdNauseum At least, you tried to give it a chance. I wouldn't have even skipped ahead to see if it got any better.
@morgoodie I have had my fair share of books where I just give up. I mean, I will give any book a chance. I've read some with horrible grammar, clearly written by someone whose first language isn't english, but I stuck through it. I like to read authors that aren't as well known and help them by reviewing when I can.
The problem with books that describe Apocalyptic situation is that they lack an intelligent end. They are all the same, most humans die, and there is never a logic conclusion.
I can't think of another apocalyptic book that I've read,but I do have to say that this particular one was in a league of it's own.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Not all books are well written. There are a few where I skip several pages because they are boring.
@LadyDuck I've come across books (especially in the romance genre) that seem almost copy and paste. The plot is nearly the same. I believe those are what we call troupe.
@rakski (15788)
Aw. I would not want to read this kinds of books. Thanks for your review
You don't like books on apocalypse? or you wouldn't want to read a redundant book?
@josie_ (7348)
Apocalyptic films and books usually follow a common theme or trope that often involve a lot of running. At least the book title was honest about it.
Yes, I agree, but most of them still have a lot of plot in it. I skipped ahead, but read from a review on amazon that everything just went back to normal without any explanation as to how, or why, or what even happened.