Nipah Virus and Kerala!

I am reading about this deadly nipah virus outbreak which took place in Kerala, India. There are more than 10 people already died and many are affected by this virus. Earlier there was outbreak of swine flu in my area. Prior to that was chicken guinea. I am worried about so many different viruses that are coming to the atmosphere to haunt humans. Is your place affected by any such deadly virus? How can we keep air environment safe from such microbes?
@Sreekala (23607)
I already started a topic on this dear. I am worried much as and when such virus spread, it almost made many people sick. When guniea fever season, I was in Kerala. My goodness, the hospitals were flooded with patients.
Yes. Hospital staff is also at high risk. Last year when swine flu hit Rajasthan, there was shortage of beds in hospitals and medicines as well. The condition of patients was worse.