Ya gotta eat something

Because of my diabetes I try to eat at regular times, and healthfully. It was so hot last night that we were not really hungry. Supper ended up being fresh fruit with homemade yogurt. I had black grapes and fresh pineapple. On the side we had a few sticks of jicama for crunch. It was good. Hummus was my bedtime snack on a "sandwich slim". Since we are up early this morning I made a big breakfast. I scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers. Each of us had a sausage patty and a potato patty. I had some pecan topped cinnamon rolls to eat with coffee. I am going to work outside before it gets really hot, and I will take a cold drink outside, just water, so I do not get dehydrated. See ya later. Eat something yummy and enjoy your day.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Heather. Thank you. I had eaten something delicious today because it was cooked by my husband. Take care always.
I love to have my husband cook for me.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@GardenGerty It is special when they do cook for us.
@mlgen1037 Very true.
@anikoonline (3259)
• Hungary
You have to keep in mind eat regulary and drink enough water. Those pecan topped cinnamon rolls sound really tasty.
With the hot weather we keep large lidded tumblers full of ice water or herbal tea. We feel better when we do. I do not eat pastries real often and I usually have them as just a part of a meal. They are very tasty.
• Hungary
@GardenGerty I also try to drink more when the weather is hot. We have ice cubes at the fridge that we use a lot.
That breakfast sounds delicious!
It was delicious and very filling.
@GardenGerty I bet! You both had a sausage and potato patties! Yum!
That sounds like a big but good breakfast
I prefer to eat my biggest meal early.
@GardenGerty I can't, I'll get sick.
Breakfast sounds good. I wasn't very hungry yesterday either in all this heat. This morning we have a pleasant surprise with rain and a nice breeze coming through my window. That won't last though, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
It is good to live in touch with the weather and enjoy the changes as they come along.
@GardenGerty Yes, it is.
@HazySue (22960)
It's hot here too. Today we will be having a hamburger for our holiday meal. I have to cook it inside cause we can't do it outside. Have a great day.
I am just having leftovers today. I can heat the soup in the microwave. I tend to cook most in the early morning.
@HazySue (22960)
@GardenGerty We are having leftover hamburgers, hot dogs, and salad today. Enjoy.
Sounds like you are doing good with your diabetes management. Good food choices.
There are things I do cheat with, but I am doing better since I am not working.
@porwest (7265)
Ooh. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers sound DELISH! Haven't had scrambled eggs in a while, but when I do make them I like to toss in lots of goodies.
I try to eat eggs for breakfast often and hubby likes them scrambled well done. I got a good buy on produce the other day, so I must use it.
@id_peace (7635)
Reduce the portion but more meals. Cut down on the fresh fruits as they have fructose. Same thing goes for potato, it has a high carb level too.
I do okay on my meals. My doctor says all in moderation. I do not do french fries or potato chips often. Bear in mind that diabetes is an individual disease and what works for one person does not always work for the other. The fruits I choose are high in fiber. My numbers are good when I can eat when and what I need to. When working my meal schedule was erratic.
I have already had a bowl of cereal a couple of hours ago but im hungry again. I try to eat a snack in between my meals everyday because if i dont i get hungry and then i dont have enough energy to keep my day going too. I hope you eat and keep up with the diabetes . Have a good memorial day and hopefully you can get you work done outside and have a great day.
I have loved being outside today, and will do more tomorrow. I think cereal makes a good snack for me. Especially when it is hot outdoors.
I love hummus but don't have it that often these days.
There was a big sale on it last week at one of our stores so I stocked up. It is a nice change from eating peanut butter.