San Diego, California

Happy Wednesday all! Its a rainy one here in Minnesota and about 70 degrees. Despite the rain its a nice break from the heat we have been experiencing. As they say, when one door closes, another opens! I just booked a flight to San Diego for one week from now. I have been itching to get out ans about, and this came up. One of my former coworkers had a friend back out on their trip planned for San Diego and she has the hotel and rental lined up. The hotel is right on the ocean, and just needed some campanionship! I paid a little too much for this nonstop ticket but that will be my only expense besides food and entertainment. I am pumped! Have you ever been to san diego? Is there anything you "must see", business you must go to? Any highlights or low lights appreciated. Fingers crossed this trip will go smooth. Thanks!
@maximax8 (28559)
I wish you a happy trip to San Diego. I wen there when I travelling in California. I found it to be a very pretty place and it wasn't the weather for beaches. However it has some very attractive beaches. My disabled son was born in 20007. I would love to take him and my daughter was born in 2009 to San Diego Zoo. I have heard it is one of the best zoos in the world.
Thats whay my friend wants to see,the zoo. It looks like its in the 60s and 70s all week which sounds amazing!
So glad you will be making that trip!! You should be pumped!! Hooray!
Yay! Thanks for your positivity! Am excited!!
I hope you enjoy the trip and you have a good time.
Thanks! I have never traveled with this friend before so we shall see!
@PatZAnthony (12892)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Hope you enjoy your trip. Sometimes paying a little more is worth it @maezee
Thanks!
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
I have never been to any country .. I am glad you will be having a trip.. good luck and hopefully you will enjoy it
No problem! Do you travel at all within your country?
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
@maezee yes that's right.
• Peoria, Arizona
I adore San Diego! It is amazing there. It gets pretty cold at night, so be prepared with a jacket! haha! Um, I don't know about must-sees, I remember there is this little pier area where you can see some naval ships. I'm not sure if it is there anymore but I'm sure someone can tell you haha!
The pier! Yes I have seen photos and that looks really cool, like something out of a movie!
• Peoria, Arizona
@maezee Yes I have only been there once and it was during the holidays so it was really magical haha
@Ithink (10501)
Ohh how lucky! I have only been on 3 trips and they have been pretty close to us. None was to San Diego so I have no advice there.
Have a fun trip and, yes I have been there briefly.
Thanks! Do you remember much about it?
@maezee Not a lot really except nice weather.
San Diego is just down the road from LA. The San Diego Zoo is the world's most famous.
Thats what I hear. Is it all its chalked up to be? Any other things worh checking out?
@maezee I haven't visited the zoo in decades. As I recall there is a museum complex by the zoo. Of course Tijuana, Mexico is just across the border.
@rakski (21138)
Good that you will be having a trip! I am sure you will enjoy it!
Thanks! I hope so!
@AKRao24 (20725)
Wish you all the best for your San Diego trip! I never had been there so far! I hope you will have a nive stay and enjoy every moment there! Thanks!
Thanks! Ill let you know how it goes!
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
I have never been to San Diego. I hope that you havefun
I have been to San Diego and what I liked a lot to visit was the "Old Town", but also the "Seaport Village" and "Balboa Park". I love a lot San Diego.