Are you an organ donor?

Northampton, England
Organ donation is on the rise in the United Kingdom. We changed the rules so people had to be proactive and you had to 'opt out' of donating rather than opt in. Its still up to your immediate family when you die if the organs can be released,a very difficult time, but lives are saved and lives improved. Recently the National Health Service has stepped up their campaign to get more organs in. Cynics like me say its to sell them to foreign patients at great profit but our population is growing and increasingly ethic. Anyone in medicine knows that organs need matches in their only gene pool. Unfortunately one-in-three people waiting for donor organs in the UK are black and Asian people. This group is more likely to suffer certain diseases that lead to failed organs. Sadly the communities dont trust the system enough to donate organs and so a lot more pf their gene match go without. Asians like their sweet things and SIX TIMES more likely to develop type two diabetes and three times more likely for heart disease..As they are more reticent to get treatment they are more likely to lose limbs and organs. This is one reason we have high levels of health tourism here from around the world, free care given to foreigners who come her to be treated free. So are you on an organ register guys? Are you ethnic and dont want to be on a register? Is it selfish not to be on one? Does you belief in one of the 123 Gods listed on Earth stop you donating?
It is on my driver's license Not sure if I can be any help now due to my age?
I'm not an rogan donor, not because I'm selfish or someone who believes in something that disallows me to donate any parts of my body. I'm just someone who's lazy to go about it. But I know someday I'll find the time to process my application to be an organ donor. I wonder how to go about it in here.
Same as @id_peace, here we are all listed unless we opt out.
@Ithink (10495)
I am a donor and try not to think about it much as it kinda freaks me out at the thought. Not sure what will be usable but if it can help someone I say go for it.
• Preston, England
I had mild hepatitis when I was 18 so not allowed to be a blood or organ donor
@skydream (1139)
• Agate, Colorado
I am an organ donor. I don't think it's right to say it's selfish if people aren't but I don't understand why you wouldn't be.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
No I am not. I am just a blood donor
@id_peace (7631)
We are all listed unless we opted out
@rakski (23370)
Blood and organ donor here.
@LeaPea2417 (22358)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I am.
I am an organ donor, says that right on my driver's license. I can think of no reason not to be.