Are you looking forward to see them?..

By Bess
@epiffanie (10447)
Australia
. I have just finished preparing some of the ingredients of the couple of dishes I am cooking tomorrow as we have invited to join us for lunch a lovely couple we are meeting for the first time .. I am also watching Master Chef while typing away in front of this laptop .. Anyway, while I was peeling garlic and onions, I remember 30 something years ago when my second son was about 4 years old, he asked why I was cooking a lot of food.. I told him that we are having some people over for dinner. And told him who they were .. He got excited.. " Are you looking forward to see them ?", I asked .. He went quite for a few minutes .. and then, he smiled and said.. " Not yet.. But when I see them coming, I will put my head forward like this ( he put his head forward ) .. And then I will tell them, I am looking forward to see you ".... Ahahha!.. Anyway, I am really looking forward to meeting our visitors tomorrow.. Will tell you all about it next post .. Bess I took that photo of our front garden last Saturday because I enjoyed a day doing a little bit of gardening .. It looked tidy but we have more gardening to catch up on .. ..
You have a lovely home and of course, I know who those special guests were. lol
@epiffanie (10447)
thank you Belle !
@silvermist (20096)
Hope your family and the visitors enjoy the get together.
@epiffanie (10447)
thanks .. we sure will
Have a fun time with your visitors and, lol.
@epiffanie (10447)
thanks .. yes we'll have fun getting to know each others ..
Out of the mouthes of babes! I now know who your guests were!
@epiffanie (10447)
Yes indeed .. how amazing little innocent children work out in their little minds the words said ..
Love your front landscaping.
@epiffanie (10447)
Thank you @marina .. The beautifully landscape front garden was what attracted us to buy this property 18 years ago ..
@josie_ (8012)
Did you remember correctly his age? His response was so intelligent and full of humor. I don't think I could have thought of that. Now when I say "Looking forward to see you" I will be reminded of this anecdote about your son....and put my head forward towards the people I am meeting.
@epiffanie (10447)
He was close to 4 years old .. and he used to make me laugh so hard with the things he said ..
• New Delhi, India
Haha... that was an innocent reply .
@epiffanie (10447)
thanks .. yes indeed .. it would be nice to keep the children innocent all their lives wouldn't it ? ..
@rakski (24079)
Nice garden you have there! It's good to have some visitors. Tell us all about it next time. Are your kids and grandkids going to be there too?
@epiffanie (10447)
thank you .. gardening is a big job for us now that we are older .. Yes.. I will post about it tomorrow night..
@Shiva49 (14498)
Good that you shared this nice news with us. This is carrying our interactions to a higher level here; a tough act to follow! siva
@bunnybon7 (37905)
• Holiday, Florida
looks lovely. glad you got to see new friends
I think I might have spoiled your surprise. I'm so excited I've been telling everyone in comments.
@mlgen1037 (29609)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Bess. YOur house is beautiful and the landscape is amazing. Your son is so cute. I imagine how he does that when he looks forward to see the visitors.
@ridingbet (61623)
you are a good hostess to your visitors in your home. i hope all went well. it is June 1st, night time here now
@Icydoll (27543)
Hope your family and the visitors enjoy the get together my dear friend :)
What a clever 4-year-old you had. Too cute!!! Your garden looks lovely!
@epiffanie The picture is very nice. It is nice to have guests over to share your food with.
@aureliah (20774)
• Kenya
Hahaha you better put your head forward "like these" when they are already there. is that your house?