Get your discussion to the hot discussion category here to make more money

@Berrygal (5410)
Do you know you can make more money if you start a discussion that makes to the hot discussion category, yea more people will respond and this automatically means more money, so what do you think?
@hereandthere (32574)
my understanding is anytime a discussion (whether old or new) receives a new response or a new comment, it shows up in the hot discussions. so if the discussion-owner starts commenting to the responses there, or new responses or new comments are added by other mylotters, then it will automatically show up in the hot category. am i right @jolietjake, @owlwings ?
Not quite. Comments don't really have much to do with it, it basically comes down to the amount of responses a discussion has received within the past 24 hours, regardless of when it was first posted.
@JolietJake ah, so it applies to new responses only. so if it's my first time to see that discussion, i read the responses, but decided to add a comment under a response, it won't show up in the hot discussions?
@hereandthere Comments have nothing to do with it.
@owlwings (39626)
• Cambridge, England
The "Hot Discussions" listing is decided by the number of responses in the last 24 hours, so (because earnings depend on the number of responses, likes and - to some extent - comments a discussion receives), any discussion which is high in the 'Hot' category will have already earned more than the average. All discussions with any responses at all can be (theoretically) listed at least once in the 'Hot Discussions' listing and if you scroll to the bottom of the list, you may see plenty with only three or four responses. Whether getting your discussion into the listing increases the number of responses will depend entirely on how many people actually look at the list. I suspect that more people regularly look at the 'Most Recent' list than any other of the lists and that very few people indeed take the trouble to scroll down the 'Hot' listing very far.
• Bucharest, Romania
OWL, are you a moderator or something?
@owlwings (39626)
• Cambridge, England
@Cristi_Ichim I (and JJ) have been here almost since the beginning. Between us, what we don't know about myLot might be written on the back of a postage stamp ... or possibly a large football field, depending on how much there is to know!
@Berrygal (5410)
Oh there are responses with just 3-4 comments there,I never seen that, I need to check it out now
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
I am not sure. If I make a discussion it was because I want to make one and not for the sake of being in the Hot discussions or Top Rates.
@Berrygal (5410)
Okay noted
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@sw8sincere (5026)
I don't think being in a hot discussion list will make us more money.
@Berrygal (5410)
I think it does with more responses