My first day starting Chantix™

After fighting with Molina Healthcare (my health insurance provider) for a few weeks over this, I finally gave up...they did not want to pay for this medication. Luckily, my doctor's aide did some investigation and found out I could get the meds through the pharmacy at the clinic if I wanted to pay for it myself...and since I am low-income, it will only cost me $12 per month. This is supposed to be one of the most successful ways to stop smoking...hopefully it will have been worth the fight to get it.
It is a really hard addiction to deal with. You have to want to as well. They will not give it to my sister because of vivid dreams or something the one time she tried it. Truth is, she does not want to quit. It is part of her social life. I really hope this works for you.
It is way past time for me to quit, and I haven't been having luck any other way
@caopaopao (12553)
Smoking is not good for our health. I hope you can give up smoking successfully.Come on!
I've been smoking for 44 years, the times I have tried quitting before (using the nicotine patch) it didn't really help.
@caopaopao Didn't really like them
@JolietJake 44 years of smoking: wow!
I hope you manage to give it up this time. I know it can be a real struggle. Our friend had an op then chemo for lung cancer. He gave up smoking for about 7 years then took it up again which seems so, so stupid but then I wasn't walking in his shoes. He is now 80 and they've just found shadows on both lungs.
Needless to say, I was getting pretty fed-up with being denied coverage for something I really think I need
@JolietJake Fair enough. I hope it helps.
You definitely save a chunk amount of money buying this medication. Question is that is it legit?
It is supposed to be the most effective medication to help stop smoking
@kobesbuddy (55740)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I know that you probably don't want to hear this, but I'm praying for you, J.J:) God wants you happy, healthy, and to stay alive for many more year. It will improve your blood sugar and blood pressure, also!
• Midland, Michigan
I heard good things about this when it first came out. I think getting to the place where you want it to work is half the battle. I hope it does wonders for you and helps you get your health back again.
I will be praying this works for you!
@FourWalls (15302)
I sincerely hope and pray you’re successful. My mom kicked herself for not stopping sooner. It probably bought her ten years that she wouldn’t have had (and in the end, it wasn’t a smoking-related issue that killed her). I’ve never smoked so I can’t give you any “support” in that regard, but I’ll be rooting for your success!!!!
Good luck!
Hope it works ! Hopefully you quit smoking for good and don't have to pay for those meds and cigs anymore at all . . . and that will be more $ you save per day/month!
I am so glad that you were able to get the help you need at a price you can afford. Insurance companies suck, excuse my French, it is a constant fight and I have ended up buying some of my medication in Canada so that I can afford it.
@wolfgirl569 (10394)
• Marion, Ohio
I am wishing you luck. But keep an eye out for side effects. It can have some bad ones from what I have heard
Good luck quitting!
You're a pretty determined guy, and I have a feeling that you'll kick this habit. It was awfully nice of the office staff to help you out like that. Good luck with day one, it will get easier as the days pass.
I hope it works for you. I smoked for 20 years and tried so often to quit but finally got so damn sick I accidentally quit outta fear.