About Last Night

So, I never heard from my friend yesterday on what was going on with the kids until I texted her around 3pm. And at that point, she hadn't even left for the wedding yet, and said she didn't know when she'd be back so the kids would just stay here again for the night. Kay, good to know, since we were about to go out when my mom got home. But knowing earlier in the day, or even when she dropped them off the day before would've been nice. Anyways, after my mom got home from work we figured out what few things we needed for the house, before heading off to KMART to use the points we had on them. Then we hit the grocery store for dinner, and saw that they had roast beefs and steaks on sale (). So we decided to get a big steak for $5 (normally $13) and a roast for $7 (normally $19). Plus a 4 pack of chicken breast for $7 (normally $18), a 2 pack of chicken breast at the normal price, and a thing of hamburg at the normal price. So that we would have meats for lunches and dinners until Tuesdays dinner, which by then, we'd have money to get more. We also rented the "Peter Rabbit" movie for free from Redbox last night, as we all enjoyed it when we saw it in theater, and my nephew really wanted to watch it again. So when we got home, they had dinner while my mom and I had mashed potatoes, and we watched the movie. Then we had to get my brother from work at 10pm, and when we got home the kids got ready for bed, then we all watched a few episodes of "Kim Possible" while my mom and I made the roast (at 11pm). By midnight the kids were sleeping, and my mom and I ate at 1am then went to bed by 130. . How did your night turn out? Good I hope!
@kobesbuddy (52956)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've had mothers do this to me, many different times! They are gung-ho about being a parent, but love to dump them off indefinitely, on other people:( Anyway, that's not the children's fault, of course! You and your mother made the best of things, regardless of what others decided to do
We always try to make the best of things. Just how we have to live. But it is annoying when people don't contact you about things they should!
@kobesbuddy (52956)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Courtlynn Kay should have let you know, first. That was inconsiderate behavior, towards you and your mother
@kobesbuddy my friend shouldve but didnt. Cant go in the past and change it so oh well
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
Ohh it's good to know you enjoyed your time there, . It's night time here again and it's time to sleep..
Just after noon here. Good night sleep tight.
@Jessabuma (33168)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Courtlynn thank you
my night was great. was on a high after seeing 42nd street yesterday afternoon.It was awesome
That's great to hear! I haven't heard of that movie.. but glad you enjoyed it.
You had a busy day. But the deals you got on meat just blow me out of the water.
You dont get deals like that there?
@Courtlynn No, that's why it blew me away. We live in the cointry, not many stores close to us. If they have them it's like 60 miles away.
@popciclecold thats how it is for my aunt in missouri
It sounds like your day worked out well after all!
It was alright.
@Courtlynn Ok so not perfect, but OK.
@snowy22315 most days are OK
@Tina30219 (35195)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like you all had a good day me and my boyfriend packed up our car with some stuff to grill out and some chairs and went and had a picnic we had a nice time then we came home and I got ready for bed and read.
Sounds nice!
@Tina30219 (35195)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn It sure was
Wow, it sounds like a really long day, but it seems you made it fun. Now I need to go read what came before this.
Days are really long with the kids.
It is a shame that your friend did not alert you early on that she would not be picking up the kids until the next day.
It is. But its not the first time so wasnt a big surprise
@HazySue (22594)
You had quite a day and night. I think you really got some good deals at Walmart.
Didn't go to Wal-Mart but did get great deals..
Sure was a busy day for you. Destinee stayed over last night so we went shopping then watched the movie Tinker bell.
Little bit but not too much. Aw, yay! Glad you got more time with her. Get any goodies while out?
Hey, you basically had a decent day!
Ehh. More so just wrote out the positives.
Wow, that was a very late dinner
Yeah, lol. But was so good.
@noni1959 (3664)
I flew into MS yesterday and visiting my oldest daughter and family. It's been nice.
Oh. Glad its been nice. Enjoy the rest of your visit
I think my nights are so boring they all start to blend in. I tried to catch up on General Hospital, and then got sucked into The Mindy Project. And I kept thinking it was Sunday, which means I'm officially starting to lose it.
I think its other days often
@db20747 (9178)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Have fun with the kids!!! Looks like extended baby duty!!!!
Not babies though one acts like she is.
@Icydoll (23567)
Glad you had a good day dear friend..
Thansk.
Wow, you really did eat late didn't you? I would have had a really hard time sleeping on a full stomach, but hopefully you slept well.
We use to eat anywhere from 11pm - 1am a lot of nights, because of my brother working til 10pm-11pm then having to get home and make something - because we would wait for him. Just hasn't happened in forever, as we normally eat by 930pm now. I had stomach pains when I laid down, but 20 mins I was knocked out.
@tammys85 (11382)
Whoa, that was a late night. My June 3rd.... I think I may have done a little writing, but now I can't remember what else I did, if anything. I'm sure it's on here or Twitter somewhere tho lol.
I used to stay up until then to eat, most nights because of my brother working til 10-11. then cooking and eating and having to digest before laying down. just not use to it now.
@tammys85 (11382)
@Courtlynn Gotcha. You're eating and going to bed earlier now?
@tammys85 eating yes, mostly lol. going to bed.. eh.
I've heard of late night eating, you really ate late. I'm glad you had a good day. It would be nice if the kids mother would have told you the kids were staying the night when she dropped them off. It's been a while since I saw Kim Possible.
We did, lol. We were going to wait til the next nifht but we really wanted it and had only mac n cheese hours before. Yes it wouldve. The kids got so into it.
@Courtlynn I hope all's well. I don't see any new posts.
@just4him All is, I just haven't felt like posting the last few days.
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
It would of been nice had she let you know earlier. I know that you and your mom are always there for others but a little respect would of been nice. It sounds like you did make the best of the day and night though. You are so caring.
Thank you. And yes, telling us / respecting us and our time would've been nice. I told her that
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Courtlynn Good for you. I just feel that letting someone know in plenty of time shows respect.
@velvet53 agreed