Are you in a muddy mess where you live or dealing with volcanoes?

Muddy mess by Pat Z Anthony
@PatZAnthony (13057)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Some are having such severe weather that they feel they are living in a muddy mess, while others are dealing with erupting volcanoes. Being in North Carolina at the moment, we have plenty of mud, but no volcanoes erupting. However, there have been some mudslides here and one actually killed people in the area. It seems volcanoes erupting would be much harder to deal with than the storms we have dealt with over the years. Do you feel safe with the weather you are dealing with where you are?
I feel safe where I live now, we have volcanoes in Italy, but not here in Switzerland. We live uphill, it rained a lot during the month of May, but there is no mud in our area.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It sounds like you are in a very safe area @LadyDuck
@PatZAnthony Yes, we are in a safe area, the small brooks that runs at the side of our garden is lower than our property, we have no risks here.
I am in Ny and the weather is nice and cool. I am sorry for the other's I would sure not live there. I know many who would sure not live in Ny.
I have never been to NY so I need to come see it for myself before I would say I wouldn`t.
@andriaperry That is the best way to know for sure. Be ready for the traffic and the sounds of police cars.
@sharon6345 City noise.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes, I am thankful I am safe where I am living now, .. stay safe..
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We know the Phillippines has it's share of rain and storms. Hopefully these will not be a bother to you @Jessabuma
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
Yes i'm very fortunate....wether in the uk or spain. ... I live in areas that a free from severe weather ... and even though it rains quite a bit in the uk, the area I live in is not prone to flooding ... while in the uk last week We had a loud and long thunder storm with some spectacular displays of lightening too...
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We know that we have had twice the rain we usually have this year so far. That is always an issue b/c the water runs out of places to go @sueznewz2
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
@PatZAnthony yes thats true too for the uk... and in Spain it cannot soak into the ground.. so judt runs on the top wherever it likes...
I'm not sure if safe would be the word but so far it hasn't been too bad. I've been expecting the winds to get really bad but so far I've been lucky that they have been somewhat calm.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The winds are the most frightening thing everywhere. So much damage can happen during the windstorms.
Yes, that's so true @PatZAnthony the only good thing about the area I'm in is that there aren't a lot of trees the winds can uproot ..... of course badly built carports and canopies can be uprooted if the winds are strong enough.
• Eugene, Oregon
Right now, this time of year, we feel pretty safe. In the winter with high winds sometimes taking down trees and sudden ice storms, we wonder. There is always that big earthquake threat hanging out there too.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The ice storms and trees falling really are not fun for anyone! Hate bad weather but do realize we have nothing to say about it.
• Eugene, Oregon
@PatZAnthony Right, not a thing.
Yes its typical Alabama right now.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Not sure what that means @andriaperry but we know you don't have volcanoes to deal with!
@PatZAnthony I feel safe, Alabama is calm and hot right now.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yawn, just a nearby wildfire yesterday afternoon. Maybe we need a 4.8 'quake to shake things up a bit, no pun intended.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
An earthquake is something we have experienced, but can certainly do without @TheHorse
@caopaopao (12554)
This place I live in is not a volcanic zone. I am very satisfied with where I live.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That is good to hear @caopaopao The visions of volcanoes are terrifying.
Our weather is nothing to complain about compared to what others are experiencing. I'm very thankful that I'm not dealing with floods, mudslides, tornadoes or erupting volcanoes. Watching the devastation on tv is so sad
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, the volcanoes erupting are horrifying. People often have no place to go to get out of the way and be safe @Marilynda1225
@iridion9 (10156)
I don't like volcanoes and mud
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Guessing no one does @iridion9 The photo we saw online today was horrifying.
@vandana7 (67667)
One reason Indians breed so recklessly is we do not have problems that are as large scale as at your end.
@ridingbet (59493)
we are safe from where we live now. we are free from the floods that are present in some parts of our island. but our place is the catch basin so the incidence of floods can still happen.
@bunnybon7 (37406)
• Holiday, Florida
never. i hate it here. if it isn't hurricanes it's freak storms or raging heat. my home state is the easiest to deal with. which is Ohio
@responsiveme (16816)
We don't have volcanos...It's floods and earthquakes in my region. We know the drills but when a quake happens it's always scary
@Shiva49 (13979)
I lived in Indonesia for five years and it has active volcanoes. It had witnessed supervolcanic eruptions in its history and also other major ones recently. If a huge one goes off it can lead to calamitous fallouts. Now millions of lives are at stake than it was thousands of years ago - siva
@PainsOnSlate (20535)
I love where I live, half way up a mountain (called an escarpment) and the only thing that bothers me is when the wind if blowing hard, because my home is shaded by huge old trees.
The Bruce Trail Conservancy: conservation and hiking on Canada’s oldest and longest footpath.
Not too bad here, we did have thunderstorms. But it's been nice the last few days.