Now, You Tell Me?

@UncleJoe (10869)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Ever since I can remember I have loved fresh fruit. As a kid I couldn’t even let it completely ripen before plucking it off the limb or vine. My dad always knew who the culprit was who gleaned his grape vines and big domesticated Blackberry bushes. Although skinny as a rail, I was a walking appetite. Of course I could eat my weight in apples and peaches, my absolute favorite was figs. Not only were they sweet and tasty, those broad leaves on the tree offered ample cover for a little fig thief. Much to my dismay, I recently discovered why I will never eat another one. If you watch this clip, you won’t either.
I may NEVER eat a fig again!! Or maybe it’s just extra protein!?? Share this and warn your friends?? #figs #wasps #pollinating #pollination #nature #yummy #lar...
That is one reason I do not eat mangoes without first slicing them. In some types you will find worms - and I hate worms. One reason why I never went fishing as a child.
Worms are in most fruits and vegetables, that is why its good to cook them.
@Starmaiden (7643)
I guess wasps are full of fibre. I'll never stop eating figs, dates or fig newtons. It is one of my favorite fruits.
@UncleJoe (10869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
The lady called them wasps @Starmaiden but they are actually a fruit loving variety called a "Yellow Jacket".
@UncleJoe They must be full of fibre. It doesn't turn me off of figs either way. I was told in another post by someone that June bugs and beetles are an exotic food in their country. If she can eat beetles, then a few decomposed wasps blended with the fruit of the fig shouldn't hurt anyone, regardless of the color jacket they wear.
@UncleJoe (10869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Starmaiden It's not the decomposed wasps that deter me. It's the live larvae.
Well, ewwww I love figs. Now, no figs for me. Jelly beans are shiny because they're coated in shellac, which is a resin that's secreted by the female lac bug (laccifer lacca) after it drinks the sap of trees. Jelly beans, candy corn, and other hard-coated candy that look shiny have that bug's secretions to thank.
www.
@UncleJoe (10869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It must be quite a preservative @Corbin5 I still have candy corn from the Halloween of 1956 and it's as good as ever.
@UncleJoe Yes, that older than dirt candy is the best.
Nooo! I can`t watch, I have this beautiful fig tree out back, I make preserves and fig paste for cookies, I home can figs, I freeze figs. I will eat figs!
@UncleJoe (10869)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Go ahead @andriaperry Don't let it bug ya.
I will not watch the video.They are not going to ruin my figs.